Chapter Tactics #5: Champ Talk

pablos logo

Today Pablo interviews one of the top players in the world about knowing what it takes to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Hello everyone! I am back with another Tactical Saturday! For today’s episode I decided to pick the mind of Nick Nanavati. He is someone who has always been around the top tables at large events and is seen at the highest levels of competitive play consistently. He has an astute knowledge of the game and I thought we could have some great conversations filled with tactical insight. I was not wrong. Enjoy!

Check out the Tactics Corner for more great 40k tactics!

nick-nanavatis-nova-list

Nick Nanavati’s winning NOVA list

Show Notes:

• Check out the last episode of Chapter Tactics here!
  • Nick interview questions start at 22:30

HQ2a: Tzeentch Herald, Disc, Level 3, Exalted Gift
HQ2b: Tzeentch, Herald, Disc, Level 3, Paradox, Exalted Loci
T1: 10 Horrors
T2: 10 Horrors
FA1: 8 Screamers

got a list

Do you think your list could hold up to the List Lab? Email it to…

frontlinegamingpeteypab@gmail.com

Please do not send your army list in a format such as Army Builder, send them in an easy to read, typed format. Thanks!

About Petey Pab

Aspiring 40k analyst, tournament reporter and Ultramarines enthusiast, Petey Pab only seeks to gather more knowledge about the game of 40k and share it with as many people as he can in order to unite both hobbyists and gamers. We are, after all, two sides of the same coin.

8 Responses to “Chapter Tactics #5: Champ Talk”

1. Avatar
    Kevin Lantz October 1, 2016 2:57 pm #

In short, pre-measure to make sure you’re in our out of range, play objectives/missions, and consider the next turn or two from your opponents eyes…

2. Avatar
    AngryPanda October 2, 2016 12:45 am #

For heaven’s sake please cut out the quiz part. It goes on and on and on. And then I just sighed in relief there wasn’t one more you made up another.

• Petey Pab
      Petey Pab October 2, 2016 9:04 pm #

Are time stamps a happy medium?

Nightman October 3, 2016 1:54 am #

Quiz is fine, it’s very possible to just skip a bit if you don’t like it. Maybe it could be a tad shorter. I really enjoy these podcasts. To much analysis is theoretical and done in a vacuum, hands on experience is usually alot more meaningful.

3. Avatar
    dasbeets October 3, 2016 6:12 am #

yeah skip the quiz. I also enjoy the concept of this show but your sound quality is not great.

• Petey Pab
      Petey Pab October 3, 2016 11:59 am #

Working on purchasing a new Mic to fix that. Also, it is tough to interview a guest every week via any online media device seeing as not everyone has the resources to purchase a fancy Mic for good sound quality. I was thinking of solutions to this, maybe I could cut out the guest for the main topic and record with our studio Mic? I am interested to hear any suggestions.

AngryPanda October 3, 2016 12:36 pm #

Maybe keep the guest for the part concerning them? The whole list rating thing seems like maybe something to do with more of a regular partner? Otherwise the added value you get from speaking to your guests feels worth dealing with a bit of bad sound quality.

• Petey Pab
          Petey Pab October 3, 2016 5:05 pm #

I think I could carry a conversation about someone’s list by myself. I just have to speak in generalities to keep the tactics information relevant to my audience. I also agree, sound quality can be sacrificed if the guest in question is full of great advice.

Anyways thanks for your input!