Warhammer Fantasy Results!
Las Vegas Open Warhammer Fantasy Championships
Saturday, Registration at 9:30 AM, Round 1 at 10:30 AM to 7:30 PM
This is the serious play, and we will be competing for trophies and prizes!
- 5 games
- Missions in order of play:
- Day 1
- Meeting Engagement
- Battle Line
- Blood and Glory (breaking point is NOT an automatic victory, it wards the first person 500 VP, and the second 200 vp.
- Day 2
- Dawn Attack
- Battle line
Army restrictions & rules
- The 8th edition set of rules must be used.
- Players must understand that this tournament is for fun. Poor sportsmanship will not be tolerated.
- You must create your army using the most recent edition of the appropriate Warhammer Armies book or the Chaos Dwarf list located in the Forge World Tamurkhan book. Trial Rules and Appendix armies are NOT permitted.
- Your army does NOT have to be painted but must be fully assembled. Paint IS 20% of your score
- Hills block LOS for non-Large models and are not difficult ground.
- Forests follow standard BRB LoS rules.
- Unit cap of 30 Infantry / 15 Monstrous Infantry models for entering a building (any unit can still assault one though)
- No fixed terrain. Instead, players take turns placing terrain (and must use all pieces on the table) each game.
- No mysterious terrain
What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG). If a model is armed with an item, it must be shown on the figure. Models for army list choices that are not available must be converted. If you are in any way in doubt about whether your conversion or scratch built piece might not be acceptable please call us before the tournament. We don’t want someone to show up with something they can’t use!
- You may use non-Games Workshop models in this tournament.
- You may NOT use Special Characters. But no Proxies! Counters, tokens, gum balls, painted rocks, ect
- The most current rules clarifications from the official GW Warhammer FAQ will be in use.
- If your army contains Wizards, the Lore that each Wizard uses MUST be declared in their entry on the army list. If an item grants you knowledge of a spell from a Lore that you may pick, you must declare that on your army list as well. In the case of Grey Seers, you must declare how many spells that they will use from either of the Skaven Lores. For example, “Grey Seer – 2 Spells from Lore of Ruin & 2 Spells from Lore of Plague.”.
- Storm of Chaos, Dogs of War and Lustria lists are NOT allowed.
- You must conduct yourself in a manner that will not bring our hobby into disrepute.
- You must bring all materials needed to play including dice, measuring devices, templates, models, and any rules that you will be using.
- No Fosgates Folding Fortress
- A possible 750 pnts from 5 rounds of gaming. ( 75 pnts for a loss, 100 for a draw, 125 pnts for a victory, 150 for a major victory of 500 or more victory points)
- 50 points for sportsmanship, that’s up to 10 points per round, opponent judged.
- Composition is worth 50 pnts, judges prior to the event.
- Up to 150 points for paint:
- 0 score if more than 25% of the army is unpainted
- 20 points if less than 25% is unpainted
- 30 points if everything is base coated, but not at the 3 color minimum
- 50 points for 3 color minimum/ fully based
- 60 points for 4+ colors and at least 2 types of basing materials
- 65 points for everything already mentioned plus the use of advanced techniques (blending, freehand, advanced basing, themed armies, etc….)
- 10 points for a display board
Rules issues will be dealt with swiftly by a roaming judge. We use a hierarchy for determining rules issues as follows:
- Main Rule Book
- FAQs and Erratas
- Consensus of judges present at the time. Please note, that these judgments are final.
- List must be submitted 2 weeks prior to the event or you will forfeit 50% of this score. Email list in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event will be loaded with prizes including the very popular “Best of Awards” we have used in 40K events, previously. These are awarded for the player that does the best with their specific army at the end of the event! You may not win the whole thing or be best painted, but you can do the best with your specific army!
- Generalship, Painting, and Combined score prizes will be available to list just some of them!