Lone Star Open 2021 Registration is Now Open!

The Lone Star Open 2021 (LSO 2021) is a tabletop gaming convention held at the beautiful Watters Creek Convention Center in Allen, TX. This event is run by the highly experienced FLG Events team. This event occurs between July 23rd through the 25th, 2021.

Book your room, here.

A portion of all ticket proceeds will be donated to Heart to Heart International charitable foundation.

Purchase Tickets, here.

This event will feature gaming tournaments for the following tabletop games:

Submit Rules Questions for the 40k Events here.

Submit converted models for approval here.

Warhammer 40k Championships

8 Person Pods Player Pack

Aces High Player Pack

Star Wars Armada Events

Tournament Player Pack

Nerfherder Clash Player Pack

Relaxed Tournament Pack

Due to sensible safety precautions in place, space is limited for this event and we recommend purchasing tickets early. In the instance we are able to increase capacity safely, more events may be added as well as more space for existing events.

Health and Safety Guidelines

All health and safety guidelines in place at the time the event occurs will be strictly enforced. These guidelines may change as the ongoing Covid situation changes. Thank you for your understanding.

Refund Policy

All tickets are digital. You will not receive physical tickets. For the LSO 2021 event (for which registration will open in April, 2021), all purchases are refundable until June 25th, 2021, after which no tickets will be refunded. Tickets may be transferred to another party up until July 16th, 2021.

In the instance the event is cancelled due to forces outside of our control, such as Covid-19, customers may donate their ticket revenue to the event to help offset the significant financial burden the event faces in the event of a cancellation (with our sincere gratitude), ask for a refund which will be issued even if the cancellation occurs after June 25th, 2021, apply their ticket value as credit for the ACO 2022, or to use as credit in the Frontline Gaming web-cart.

In the instance the event is forced to cancel, refunds may take up to 90 days to process.

All ticket refunds are subject to a 15% service fee.

* indicates required

20 Responses to “Lone Star Open 2021 Registration is Now Open!”

1. Chris Lloyd April 22, 2021 12:09 pm #

Where can I find information about the X-Wing events? I’m interested in the 8-person pods and Aces events in particular. There’s no information posted about them that I can find. Thanks!!

2. Tom Mays April 23, 2021 2:06 am #

When will composition rules for the tournaments be released?

• Reecius April 23, 2021 7:05 am #

Can you be more specific? What tournaments and what do you mean by composition rules?

• Tom Mays April 27, 2021 4:32 pm #

Sorry, 40K Tournament. I assume it will be 2000 points?

• Tom Mays April 27, 2021 4:35 pm #

Sorry, the 40K Tournament. I assume it will be 2000 points?

I have not played for quite some time- many of my Space Marines are on 25 mm bases- do they need to be on the current 32 mm?

• Reecius April 28, 2021 5:41 am #

AH, yes, the 40k tournament will be 2k points.

And they should be on 32’s, yes. You can buy base extenders if you don’t want to rebase them.

3. C.J. Young April 30, 2021 12:21 pm #

Any chance on the room block expanding? Looks like it is sold out.

• Reecius April 30, 2021 12:50 pm #

That’s odd, we are looking into it now, thank you for letting us know. They just had a management change so things are a bit hectic at the moment.

4. C.J. Young June 11, 2021 10:42 am #

Do you know if we will be playing AOS 3rd Edition for this event. I thought it seems likely with how soon the new edition is coming out but I thought I should ask. Thanks!

5. Chris June 16, 2021 6:56 pm #

My son is entering the Lone Star open and is a minor. Will there be space for spectators and is there a cost for that

6. Chris C Luna June 16, 2021 7:00 pm #

My son is entering the 40K tournament and is a minor will I be able to be at the event with him? Is there a ticket I need to buy if so?

• Reecius June 17, 2021 7:27 am #

Free entry for spectators this year.

7. Trevor Davis July 8, 2021 10:14 am #

We have some questions about the AoS Doubles tournament! I tried email the TO but haven’t heard back :/

Here are my questions:

1. Do the armies for you and your partner need to come from the same grand alliance or can the be from different grand alliances? (e.g., Deepkin and Tzeentch)

2. When is the list submission deadline? I didn’t see it in the player pack and when I try to submit on BCP, it won’t let me.

3. What do I actually bring with me to get into the event? I already bought my ticket but I don’t have any sort of e-ticket to present at the door

4. Will this be using AoS 3.0 rules?

Sorry for all my questions! its my first big event!

• Reecius July 10, 2021 8:28 am #

BCP should be updated at any moment here.

8. Seth Hickman July 9, 2021 4:19 pm #

My son’s and I have registered for the AoS singles event as well as the doubles event and I am the only one showing up on the BCP app and only in the singlea event. We are nearing the list submission deadline and we are starting to get worried. Please advise on how to proceed without mising the lost submission deadline.

Thanks

9. Erick Sapp July 21, 2021 4:37 pm #

What are the requirements for spectators? Can I just show up at the door? Do I need to go with a registered player?

• Reecius July 22, 2021 11:33 am #

Spectators are free to enter.

10. Kit R July 23, 2021 4:23 am #

Is there any kind of paint competition (outside of the event-specific painting scores, etc)?

• Reecius July 23, 2021 7:12 am #

No, just the in event paint competitions.