What do You Think About the New Heavy Intercessors?

Here’s a non-satirical take on the new Space Marine unit!

They both look cool aesthetically and rules wise. Great objective holding troop unit. What are your thoughts?

HeavyIntercessors Feb19 IntercessoHeavyBolter0dsgr
HeavyIntercessors Feb19HeavyIntercessors3safgre

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
9 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Dakkath
Dakkath
1 year ago

My thoughts are irritation at how these have better stats (except movement) than crisis suits, better rules, arguably better weapons, are troops, and cost less.

Jace
Jace
1 year ago
Reply to  Reecius

Hahaha, love the unending attempts at positivity 😀 (sincerely)

Balance aint great but boy can they make a model!

BloodRaven_iii
BloodRaven_iii
1 year ago

Taking them at face value, I agree, the new Heavy Intercessors are visually impressive and have solid and unique stat lines. In line with Dakkath’s post though, I am a bit curious about how some things will manifest in terms of game balance as other codices are rolled out (staying hopeful for my Tau, Craftworld, Khorne Daemons, and others (I may have a couple of armies)).
That stated, I do plan on picking up a couple of these units up to mainly take advantage of the Deathwatch kill team squad rules. However, I was a bit disappointed to see that they are only being made available initially through a new Kill Team box release (Pariah Nexus) that is currently projected to be available for pre-order next week at an estimated $160USD. I will get them for sure, but will (unusually) be able to keep my impulse buying in check in this case until they are available for individual unit release.

AngryPanda
AngryPanda
1 year ago
Reply to  BloodRaven_iii

Do people really still play other armies/do those armies to anyhting but get shredded by Space Marines? Tempted by good old Dark Eldar right now but the last batreps I saw all made me think I could not even pack them up as fast as they’d get shredded.

BloodRaven_iii
BloodRaven_iii
1 year ago
Reply to  AngryPanda

I mean, there’s no disputing the current marine meta, but other armies have had their share of success as well (maybe with the exception of a couple that have their hands completely tied). Dark Eldar may require a bit more finesse, but have demonstrated that they can compete at the higher levels at least from what limited info has been available during such times. They are a really cool army on top of that and have a new codex coming out soon so buy with confidence! If you aren’t familiar with Skari from SkaredCast, I’d recommend checking him out for some tips and tricks with them. He’s a gentleman and a scholar in all things Drukhari.

AngryPanda
AngryPanda
1 year ago
Reply to  BloodRaven_iii

I don’t really need to compete at a high level, mostly due to the fact that I lack the skillset 😉 But balance is even more important for pickup games. Even the worst Codex can have some build that can win a tournament but if your average game is being annihilated in a single turn that’s just no fun.

AngryPanda
AngryPanda
1 year ago
Reply to  BloodRaven_iii

Also, completely agreed on Skari. That commitment to a theme is amazing and also just seems like a great guy.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x