Read on to get an idea of what’s changed and where we’re headed!
We’ve got the new 40k ITC Champions Missions ready for you all to enjoy!
First of all, a huge thanks to everyone that helped. The players, community of ITC TOs, and FLG staff that put in the hours to make this all come together. Without you all, this wouldn’t work.
We listened to all of the feedback we got and applied it to the new missions. At first glance it may not seem like a lot has changed as the adjustments are subtle but the end result is a BIG difference. Here are some of the highlights:
- A general shift from “kill stuff” to holding objectives. The bonus point for each mission is now much easier to score.
- You now must select one Seek and Destroy secondary and one Maneuvers secondary.
- None of these stack with one another within the given categories making it harder to pick up the “kill stuff” secondaries as quickly.
- Most of the “hold stuff” secondaries can now double score in the same turn to make them easier to attain even if the game doesn’t finish.
- As you have to take at least one choice from the Maneuvers category, it further cuts back on destroying your opponent’s army feeling like it is so impactful to winning the mission.
- Objective placement has been refined to increase the need to leave your deployment zone and play aggressively. Coupled with the changes to scoring the bonus point, games will be much more dynamic.
- Secondaries have been modified where needed to make them more or less appealing, and in some cases removed entirely where we felt they no longer served the purpose they were intended for such as King Slayer.
- We added in several new and exciting secondaries to increase variety and allow for new ways to play.
- We updated the deployment style from two to one and the new deployment is quite dynamic, rewarding the player going second by allowing them to react to the player going first’s deployment, re-roll the deployment map once if they choose to and to choose their deployment zone to offset the power of the alpha strike.
- So long Seize the Initiative!
Where We go from Here.
Now it’s time for trial by fire! These missions will be in Beta for the next two weeks. Starting on the 24th of February, 2020 we will start collating player feedback to make any final changes that come up. On the 28th of February, 2020 we will finalize them for the season. In the meantime, these are good to go and so feel free to use them in your events but they may change between now and the 28th to address any issues that come up during this Beta period.
We have three more missions that are quite different on the way as well but are still WIP. Also, the crew has been working on an alternate Maelstrom style mission set for even more variety or you can just choose to play Chapter Approved missions as well and still score ITC points! The world is your oyster, go crazy, play games and have fun!
And remember, Frontline Gaming sells gaming products at a discount, every day in their webcart!