Choose Your Secondaries Wisely!

Big thanks to the awesome ITC Battles App for this cool data!

If you play ITC missions you should consider checking the app out, it’s great! Also, if you do, leave them a 5 star rating to help get them out there!

Which secondaries to you usually choose?

And remember, Frontline Gaming sells gaming products at a discount, every day in their webcart!

secondhandhsop

7 Responses to “Choose Your Secondaries Wisely!”

1. rvd1ofakind October 18, 2019 10:24 am #

🤣 👉King of the Hill, Pick your Poison

So when are those getting reworked/removed?

Reecius October 18, 2019 11:40 am #

Yeah, lol, those may not be working as intended =P

2. GSCCultCast October 18, 2019 3:23 pm #

Very interesting that Old School is the most often picked, but it has one of the lowest average scores. I feel like a lot of times people choose Old School when they aren’t sure what else to do. For example, people take it against my GSC all the time and sometimes miss out on a turn 1 kill because GSCs ability to hide everything in deep strike and manipulate their deployment through their blips.

• rvd1ofakind October 18, 2019 9:13 pm #

Casual players almost always pick old school. And since they are casual, they usually don’t score well and that secondary is pretty bad to begin with as you need to do 4 different things (can be debated that first and last blood is similar). But killing the warlord is pretty hard and if you’re doing that anyway – just take kingslayer for at least 3 points instead of 1 for doing so.

Reecius October 19, 2019 8:39 am #

It is interesting that it’s most popular as I always avoid it. I take it maybe one in 10 games. Maybe.

I think people just take it because they’re used to it.

• rvd1ofakind October 19, 2019 10:06 am #

Yeah, exactly. I think 90% of people new to ITC missions take it.

3. ChrisG
    Ahkris October 19, 2019 11:36 am #

I am very surprised at an average score of 1.93 points per secondary. Even in losing matches i feel like you should be able to get at least 8 or so points from secondaries (which works out to 2.66 on the losing end).

It is nice to see some validation on secondaries that feel objectively worse: behind enemy lines is scored at the start of your turn and feels like a flat out inferior recon (which the stats back up). King of the hill kind of needs a rework. Kingslayer scoring so high is surprising, i have seen quite a few games where people pick it and then cant get to the character resulting in 0 points.

I would love to be able to access more of the data: being able to filter this type of data depending on match up for instance would be super nifty. I always enjoy seeing this kind of content!