Chapter Tactics #126: Gentleman, Glass Slippers, and Brown Magic. An ETC Saga.

Chapter Tactics is a 40k podcast which focuses on promoting better tactical play and situational awareness across all variations of the game. Today Peteypab,  Adam from the Down Under Network, Skari, and Nick Nanavati discuss the drama and narrative surrounding this year’s ETC. They also give a top player’s take (Well, not Pablo) on hot topic issues in 40k today. Like the new space marines, media coverage, and which factions are the biggest winners and losers surrounding the release of Space Marines.

Need help with a list idea? Got a rules question? Want to talk tactics? Then sign up for our Patreon where you can join our official Facebook group page, get in contact with all the show’s co-hosts, watch exclusive content, and win free prizes!

Show Notes:

• Head on over to 40kstats.com for more faction stats for all major ITC tournaments!
  • Support us on Patreon this month and get a chance to receive random stuff from us!
  • Click here for a link for information on downloading best coast pairings app where you can find lists for most of the events I mention.
  • Check out the last episode of Chapter Tactics here. Or, click here for a link to a full archive of all of our episodes.
  • Check out Nick Nanavati at Knights Pro Coaching to get an exclusive look at the new meta from a top player!
  • Check out Skari on Skaredcast, for excellent 40k tactics videos and Monday Meta analysis.
  • Wondering what’s happening with that glorious Australian horde meta? Check out DUN for more info from Adam!
  • Commercial music by: www.bensound.com
  • Intro by: Justin Mahar

About Petey Pab

Aspiring 40k analyst, tournament reporter and Ultramarines enthusiast, Petey Pab only seeks to gather more knowledge about the game of 40k and share it with as many people as he can in order to unite both hobbyists and gamers. We are, after all, two sides of the same coin.

9 Responses to “Chapter Tactics #126: Gentleman, Glass Slippers, and Brown Magic. An ETC Saga.”

1. JimV August 20, 2019 5:02 am #

Dude I love the intro music.

Reecius August 20, 2019 7:12 am #

It is so cheesy, lol.

• JimV August 20, 2019 8:51 am #

Pablo’s the cheese lord so it’s perfect

2. CWDub August 20, 2019 7:24 am #

Yeah the intro music rules, stuff it haters

3. Agent X August 20, 2019 8:44 am #

Absolutely amazing topic for this chat. This is the kind of deep dive and forward thinking that only the FLG crew is capable of. I love the podcasts where players talk about their experience and how much more a “team” competition adds to what many consider a 1v1 game.

You got me imagining “team” 40K and I freaking love the idea.

Your hosts were all on point about this being the gateway into an e-sport type of production.

Here are some highlights I wanted to emphasize

-Team play gives ALL codexes a moment in the spotlight (assuming rules limit codex usage to 1 per team)

-The match up portion creates drama AND lets the broadcast team talk about strategy (when I first learned about twitch I would watch a few short clips of DOTA matches just to see the character selection because I found it fascinating at the time)

-Assigning “roles” and the on base percentage concept to team players should become a thing. Make up whatever terminology you want but now is the time to create player roles.
    STRIKER / DEFENDER etc.

Yes yes yes….more more more content like this!

4. Agent X August 20, 2019 9:01 am #

I forgot to add comments on terrain.

Love the discussion about how team events have tables ranging from heavy to light terrain

I remember a previous podcast players built their army for the planet bowling ball (which most people tried to avoid)

Making table selection and terrain layout a factor is another layer of depth “team” 40k creates

This specialization also creates an opportunity for a “weak” codex to possibly shine.

For example, I play Space Wolves. On a ruin heavy board the 6″ HI and general melee prowess of a generalist army could shine where others might have trouble.

We could start to see specific environments where a codex will shine or fail to add even more depth to all those stats for the e sport approach to 40k

5. Petey Pab
    Pablo Martinez August 20, 2019 1:44 pm #

I can’t promise more content like this, but thanks for the kind words!

I also agree, the team tournaments sound so amazing and I wish there were more of them.

6. Voidwraith August 22, 2019 7:48 am #

Does the playtest team factor in Forgeworld units when making codex rules decisions?