Codex: Space Marines Animated Trailer

This is pretty dang awesome!

And remember, Frontline Gaming sells gaming products at a discount, every day in their webcart!

secondhandhsop

14 Responses to “Codex: Space Marines Animated Trailer”

1. Pyrothem August 3, 2019 4:05 pm #

I knew they were coming out but I am still a little miffed at the armies that are stuck with FineCrap models.
    The amount of new models coming out is astounding as is the quality no one can deny that. I don’t think the old excuse of making the die for the model is a time consuming expensive process will fly anymore with the success of 8th. Hell they are the UK top preforming company.

Some of these models are at drinking age! They started the new Sisters models from scratch (good for them, they needed it) and we are seeing new models just starting to come out. So that tells me that the other armies are not even on their radar to fix or bring up to plastic. I guess there is next year but I have more then a feeling it will be 8th 2.0 release.

Reecius August 4, 2019 8:24 am #

A lot of the release strategy is more about selling what sells when they want the revenue to come in (which is their legal obligation to their shareholders) most so than prioritizing updating older models. Annoying from a collector’s perspective but it makes sense from a business perspective.

• Pyrothem August 4, 2019 1:25 pm #

I understand and as it has been said it is a self fulfilling prophecy. Put SM and spikey SM as the one with with the best supported armies in fluff and models. They sell the best so keep putting into it.

GSC was the best selling army for a few months after release (then again after this years expanded release) so I hope they see that other armies can sell not that they need to phase out armies to push new ones.

Reecius August 5, 2019 7:45 am #

Yeah, armies will sell great when it’s been a while like the updated Drukhari release, etc. But Marines? They always sell well. At one point they made up something crazy like 25% of all GW sales (across all product lines) or something like that.

2. Ishagu August 3, 2019 8:31 pm #

I am pretty hyped about this.

Actually I’m super hyped about this!

Reecius August 4, 2019 8:25 am #

Same! This book is AWESOME. Marine players will be so pumped.

3. Blue August 4, 2019 7:44 am #

More Space Marines… whoopeee…… I get that these make the money to keep the game going but there are so many factions that deserve new stuff, yet we continue to phase out the old Space Marines for the new ones…..

Reecius August 4, 2019 8:25 am #

It’s the flagship product line.

4. rvd1ofakind August 4, 2019 7:41 pm #

I hope this book doesn’t hold back and leans on the side of old ynnari balance wise TBH to cause a huge shift in the meta. And I hate everything with power armor.

Reecius August 5, 2019 7:46 am #

It is, IMO at least, a VERY strong book. I don’t think it’s Ynnari level or craziness but it will be good and I think bring a lot of MEQ love back into the meta.

5. Michael Corr
    Michael Corr August 4, 2019 11:17 pm #

Woo hoo! Hopefully a good reason to dust off my White Scars and get them back on the tabletop.

Reecius August 5, 2019 7:46 am #

I patiently wait my opportunity to say more as long time marine players like us have a lot to be excited for =)

6. R3v0lv3r August 4, 2019 11:30 pm #

I prefer anything else to be OP than stupid knights.

Reecius August 5, 2019 7:46 am #

Hopefully it’s not OP but it is certainly very strong.