Chapter Tactics is a 40k podcast which focuses on promoting better tactical play and situational awareness across all variations of the game. Today, Peteypab and the ItFH crew talk about the tournaments from this previous weekend and talk about unit tactics to maximize the efficiency of your units on the tabletop.

Need help with a list idea? Got a rules question? Want to talk tactics? Then sign up for our Patreon where you can join our official Facebook group page, get in contact with all the show’s co-hosts, watch exclusive content, and win free prizes!

Show Notes:

About Petey Pab

Aspiring 40k analyst, tournament reporter and Ultramarines enthusiast, Petey Pab only seeks to gather more knowledge about the game of 40k and share it with as many people as he can in order to unite both hobbyists and gamers. We are, after all, two sides of the same coin.

16 Responses to “Chapter Tactics #115: How to Maximize the Efficiency of Your Units on the Tabletop”

1. Mark Hertel May 21, 2019 5:54 am #

Hey my list is legal, the camocloaks are 3 points in the vanguard space marine mini codex. So the Phobos captain is actually 119 points. 110 base, 6 for his gun, 3 for his Camo cloak = 119 pts.

2. Mark May 21, 2019 6:08 am #

Hi, my list is legal because I DID pay the 3 points for the Camo cloak. The Phobos captain is 119 points not 121. 110 base, 6 for the gun, 3 for the Camo cloak. Please do not assume people’s lists are illegal unless you check the books first. If you go by memory you can forget things and make mistakes.

• abusepuppy May 21, 2019 8:22 am #

I tried to defend ya, mang, but Pablo was a-chompin’ there.

3. Petey Pab
    Petey Pab May 21, 2019 9:20 am #

Chill man, I even said on the podcast that we aren’t the list police and that your list is probably perfectly fine but we weren’t going to spend the time on the podcast to check. Because it still doesn’t take away your victory.

“Chomping at the bit” is hardly the words you would use to describe someone casually saying a units points might be off.

I wasn’t calling for your head, or shouting to the heavens that your list was illegal. Sorry for the mistake, I bet you never make those.

• Ross May 22, 2019 3:06 pm #

Pablo,

I agree your comments weren’t intended to be malicious but you should consider your platform and the implications of your comments.

Even the suggestion of an illegal list or foul play carries with it the implications about someones character and integrity. These should be considered with greater weight than critiques on list design or tactics.

It’s unfair to Mark to sow the seed of doubt against his integrity on such a large platform.

I agree everyone makes mistakes but you are a public figure in this community. Your words travel further and carry more weight than the average player. Be mindful of that when you are discussing illegal or malicious behavior.

4. David May 21, 2019 11:52 am #

Petey Pab, If you’re going talk over your guests why have them at all? I’m sure Sean & Shaylynn could just supply a written rebuttal to whatever you said during your monologue.

• rvd1ofakind May 22, 2019 12:51 am #

It’s audio issues. Shaylin was very out of sync

5. Brother_Crimson May 21, 2019 12:47 pm #

I took a shot each time PeteyPab talked over Shaylynn and I cant walk straight anymore.
    Ok jokes aside, slow it down and let the co-host speak their mind. I dont know if it was a technical issue or something but you did better in the past.

• Galahad911 May 21, 2019 2:49 pm #

Holy crap you must be blackout drunk then.

I don’t know what happened to cause all the talking over each other that happened in this episode but it made it incredibly difficult to listen to.

6. Tfla803 May 21, 2019 1:30 pm #

Hey! So actually the rankings for the Steel City Slaughter were kind of messed up because we did brackets but had some issues w the app… the rankings got fixed but seems like it was after yins recorded!

I actually finished 2d going 5-1 w/ Mechtau and Ryan Christensen finished 3rd (also w Mechtau).

7. Nemesor May 21, 2019 4:19 pm #

This episode is a damn trainwreck. The audio sync issues about an hour in make it very hard to follow.

8. Robert Stefanovic May 21, 2019 4:55 pm #

I am no social justice warrior by a long shot but I found it incredibly annoying listening to Shaylynn get constantly talked over or have her point “mansplanned”. As a long time listener of the podcast it is not something I have heard consistently occurring with other guests.

• Colin Coons May 22, 2019 11:09 am #

What a crime to for a man to ever have to explain something to a woman, he should be pilloried in the streets, followed by a swift public execution, and maybe even have his body gibbeted for the crows afterwards

• Porrada May 24, 2019 6:42 am #

She wasn’t being ‘mansplainned’

Did you even listen to the episode? She made numerous points that were incorrect.

Sean *has* to correct her. Just as he corrects Petey Pab on a regular basis.

This is a competitive 40k podcast. Do you think it’s fine for someone to say something that’s blatantly false?

I remember at least 3 times Shaylynn said ‘this unit/stratagem does X’

And Sean had to say ‘no actually it does this’.

That’s not mansplaining. That’s just correcting someone who is wrong.

We don’t call it ‘mansplaining’ when Petey Pab gets corrected…

Anyway, no disrespect to Shaylynn, this game is huge. I’m wrong about rules and units all the damn time. It’s just Sean is like the 40k rules astronomicon and is a good damn rules freak. I’m sure if I was on her correct me at least 10 times also.

9. StrangeNeon7 May 25, 2019 8:47 am #

I don’t like leaving negative comments as a rule, especially about something that I haven’t paid for; but the way Shaylynn gets talked over in this episode was excruciating to listen to. Hope it was just a technical issue and she’s invited back to Chapter Tactics again.

10. Chris May 29, 2019 3:17 am #

I came here to suggest people stop talking over Shaylynn but looks like I wasn’t the only one to notice it. (And to the reactive guy who said they need to correct her if she is wrong – correcting her is one thing, talking over her when she’s a quarter of a way through her sentence is different.)