Chapter Tactics #113: The Stats Episode You Never Knew You Needed

Chapter Tactics is a 40k podcast which focuses on promoting better tactical play and situational awareness across all variations of the game. Today, Peteypab is just going to let the episode speak for itself.

Need help with a list idea? Got a rules question? Want to talk tactics? Then sign up for our Patreon where you can join our official Facebook group page, get in contact with all the show’s co-hosts, watch exclusive content, and win free prizes!

Show Notes:

About Petey Pab

Aspiring 40k analyst, tournament reporter and Ultramarines enthusiast, Petey Pab only seeks to gather more knowledge about the game of 40k and share it with as many people as he can in order to unite both hobbyists and gamers. We are, after all, two sides of the same coin.

17 Responses to “Chapter Tactics #113: The Stats Episode You Never Knew You Needed”

1. Timotheus May 7, 2019 1:20 am #

Awesome Job guys, this is what this show needs, let me know when you move to your own show.

2. Voidwraith May 7, 2019 4:55 am #

Great Job guys! Val is and has been one of the best 40k podcast guests for quite awhile, and I’m glad to see he’s branching out on his own. The Falcon hasn’t gotten as much airtime on his guest appearances, but he proved to be great as well and I’m sure he’ll climb my own brain’s “40k podcast speakers power rankings” soon enough.

My only critique. Don’t play the chapter tactics music behind your spoken words…it’s too distracting.

Can’t wait to hear what you’ve guys have coming our way! Good luck!

• Val Heffelfinger
      Val Heffelfinger May 7, 2019 9:14 am #

You’re too kind Voidwraith – thanks for the kind words… it might be a “be careful what you wish for” situation if we get into regular production though. lol

as for the music behind the list read through – that was mostly me trolling Pete for his “ok, Pablo” comment. Though a loop or back track on info-dump portions was part of the initial vision… we just didn’t have anything ready to go for this run-through. It’s something we’ll have to continue to test. The mix and music selection will be a big part of whether it makes sense.

• Voidwraith May 8, 2019 3:14 am #

Yeah, other music selections (or a different volume level for the music) would probably be fine behind spoken word. I’m sure you guys will get it dialed in. Again, good job all around.

3. Bryan May 7, 2019 5:02 am #

I really enjoyed the GT coverage, but would really like to have future episodes put more work into leveling out the audio. Some voices were painfully loud and others were inaudible.

• Val Heffelfinger
      Val Heffelfinger May 7, 2019 9:17 am #

Incredibly fair point Bryan. But this was indeed my first rodeo… it was a bit of a miracle that it was listenable at all.

If I were to rate my skill level on level settings I’d say I’m somewhere around a 1/10. The show ideally is mixed live with not much done in post, so I’ve got a long way to go to make sure all the inputs (my mic, pete’s mic, the music and samples) are all working together at the same volume or close to it.

The good news is, the challenge is largely technical and I think we can really nail this and have a great sound on a “live recording” type show.

So if we go gold – give us another shot. We should at a minimum be much improved.

4. Rich Kilton May 7, 2019 7:39 am #

Guys, this makes me smile so much. You are the podcast we deserve 😉. Please continue!

5. Rich Kilton May 7, 2019 7:41 am #

Val needs an audio telestrator.

6. Christian Vavaroutsos May 7, 2019 8:27 am #

Guys I loved this episode. Great work and Go Canada

7. Jerry Butts May 7, 2019 3:17 pm #

Great Show. Fast and informative. Looking forward to more shows.

8. Pyrothem May 7, 2019 6:42 pm #

Great stuff guys. Good to see the arrogant Americans (IE Geoff) have not rubbed off your Canadian charm. It seems to be fully intact with both of you apologizing over and over for giving us some awesome content ! ;p

I think this is needed. Seems like the after game report with the players and head coach. With something like this a Fantasy League (sports) could be something that is possible and could really start pumping up the numbers.

9. agent x May 8, 2019 5:13 am #

This podcast reminded me of the blood bowl broadcast team they had in the rule book.

Jokes and interviews and snarky comments

Hilarious

10. Zapntoo May 8, 2019 7:22 am #

Excellent first show gentlemen. I anticipate the spinoff greatly. Really enjoyed the soundbites from the various people who were capable of figuring out how to record an audio message.

11. Seth Oster May 8, 2019 9:00 am #

Loved it’. Never realized I needed it, but now I definitely need more 40k Statscenter

12. Pdm619 May 8, 2019 9:49 am #

Amazing job guys! We need more of this!!! Best 40k podcast format IMO!

13. Jace May 8, 2019 1:53 pm #

When I heard “Less opinion and more fact” I was worried as generally I like the banter most.

Love the episode, constant humour makes it work.

14. sean May 9, 2019 7:58 am #

I really enjoyed the episode guys. The sportscast theme is fun but don’t feel too committed to following all their annoying idiosyncrasies. I would appreciate if you sometimes looked past the top 4 and highlighted any fun lists that went 4-1. It get’s a bit repetitive hearing that Plagubearers and thousands sons psykers are good…