Chapter Tactics #78: Playing 40k at the Highest Level, as a Gentleman

Chapter Tactics is a 40k podcast which focuses on promoting better tactical play and situational awareness across all variations of the game. Today Peteypab joins forces with 2 podcasts to talk about winning games of 40k with something we could all use a little more of. Sportsmanship.

Show Notes:

• Our Sponsor the Iron Halo put out a promo video! Check it out!
  • Don’t forget to check out our new sponsor! Broken Egg Games.
  • Click here for a link for information on downloading best coast pairings app where you can find lists for most of the events I mention.
  • Check out the last episode of Chapter Tactics here. Or, click here for a link to a full archive of all of my episodes.
  • Want more tactical information about the new edition? Check out our 8th Edition article archive to help get a leg up on the competition!
  • Commercial music by Music by: www.bensound.com
  • Intro by: Justin Mahar

Visit their store!

got a list

Need help with a list idea? Got a rules question? Want to talk tactics? Then email me at…

frontlinegamingpeteypab@gmail.com

Please do not send an army list in a format such as Army Builder, send them in an easy to read, typed format. Thanks!

About Petey Pab

Aspiring 40k analyst, tournament reporter and Ultramarines enthusiast, Petey Pab only seeks to gather more knowledge about the game of 40k and share it with as many people as he can in order to unite both hobbyists and gamers. We are, after all, two sides of the same coin.

13 Responses to “Chapter Tactics #78: Playing 40k at the Highest Level, as a Gentleman”

1. W August 21, 2018 7:57 am #

There seems to be a signifcant discrepancy between what Chapter Tactics episodes are on YouTube and which actually exist? Why’s this?

Reecius August 21, 2018 8:32 am #

They decided to start will some older episodes and then are uploading multiple a week to catch up.

2. Agent X August 21, 2018 10:15 am #

I want to hear more about your rotate ion shields exploit/disagreement

When I read the ion shield ability it only works “against ranged attacks” (the knight data card itself not the stratagem)

The stratagem doesn’t appear to allow the ion shield save to work against a melee attack at 4++

So yes even though you “have” an invulnerable as needed per rotate ion shields the invulnerable appears limited to ranged attacks. I don’t see how that translates into a 4++ against melee.

I was also surprised your co-hosts appeared to agree with you

Seems like I am missing something obvious as a noobie here.

Would really love to hear the breakdown from your perspective on how you achieve your 4++ in melee for a knight.

Seems like a major deal especially with the knight meta.

Thanks in advance

3. Agent X August 21, 2018 10:27 am #

I went back and listened and just caught the key item I originally missed at the 2:13 mark

You use the sanctuary relic 5++ to achieve this combo (I missed this on my first hearing)

So the invulnerable being improved is the sanctuary not the ion shield

And rotate ion shield just says “targeted” so you are activating without being shot

Learn something new every podcast!!

Thanks

4. rvd1ofakind August 21, 2018 11:18 am #

BiF seems really good. Just started listening after this podcast as the “guests” left a good first impression

• abusepuppy August 21, 2018 11:58 am #

Yeah they’re both good players and they’ve been putting out some solid episodes. I’d definitely recommend it to anyone looking for competitive 40K podcasts.

• rvd1ofakind August 23, 2018 4:55 am #

Except there is this bug where it says the backlog is 10+ hours and I blinked and it says I’ve listened to all of it

So good.

5. Philip Junghans August 21, 2018 1:42 pm #

I played against Clifton in the third round, you’ve basically nailed down what he did with the list. He actually mind controlled one of my hemlocks to knock the other out of the sky, and was absoulutaly able to corner across 6 turns. I ended up cowering on top of some buildings and some crates with my remaining venoms and ravager. In our game it seemed that the list worked perfectly. I was able to take out all three magus, but only killed about 180 guants of the 240

6. Amir Hayek
    Arabviking August 23, 2018 3:15 am #

Awesome episode guys. I also suffer the same as Pablo, emotional and I help my opponent too much, such as: “Do you wish to pile? – Remember you don’t have to go base to base” “etc…

😛

• Anggul August 23, 2018 11:55 pm #

As far as I’m concerned this is a game of tactics, not who is least forgetful. I’m not going to tell them which choices are better because that’s the point in the game, but I’m always happy to remind them of things.

7. Danny McDevitt August 23, 2018 10:52 am #

Hey Pablo;

Finally had a chance to listen to this – really a great episode. I’ve been trying very hard to improve my “table manners”, and this was pretty cool to listen to.

8. NC August 24, 2018 10:29 am #

How come when ever on any pod cast you mention Renegade Missions, technical issues come up?

• abusepuppy August 24, 2018 1:50 pm #