- Jason Sniegowski
Do you have a name you use online?
What event did you win?
- Buckeye Battles, a fantasy and 40k tournament held in Delaware Ohio since 2006. This year was held on July 7th and 8th. This event has been headed up by Joe Elverson and Allen Blount of the Buckey Battles team for around 6 years now. The army makeup (or composition) is a 2200 point list with 5 rounds across two days. Total attendance was just under 50 players having some last minute cancellations . Buckeye battles has some unique missions and challenges, including blind deployment for round 1 ( giant cardboard blinds at mid field to block vision on deployment).
What was in your list?
- The list I ran was Ultramarines, one battalion detachment, and one aux. LOW detachment.
- Hq – Tigerius
- Hq – Tech Marine
- Tr – Bolter Scouts (x3 units)
- El – Primaris Ancient
- El – Primaris Apothecary
- Hv – 7 Hellblasters
- Transport – Repulsor
- Transport – Repulsor
- Fly – Fire Raptor
- Aux low – Papa Smurf
- The list worked amazingly against any opponent relying on ground presence with infantry or light units. The synergy between G-man the repulsor and the fire raptor was quite impressive to watch.
- I think I would switch one or two of the heavy bolters on the repulsor out for las cannons the list struggled to produce great results against vehicles and more specifically knights.
What match-ups is your list strong against?
- I have strong wins against a death guard list, plague burst, and fidget spinners, two eldar/ deldar matchups,soft vehicles and mass foot troops. Any horde foot unit based lists would be a great match-up for this list.
What match-ups is your list weak against?
- This list struggled against the knight / admech (stygies) list I played. The negatives to hit reduced the overall effectiveness along with the toughness 8 knights turning most of my units and shots to only wounding on 5s if not 6s.
If you plan on changing anything, what would it be?
- I will be working on the specifics of this list for events in the future, the first major change will be to bring it back down to 2200 points, the second will be figuring out if I can find a way and a balance to put las cannons on the repulsors.
And remember, Frontline Gaming sells gaming products at a discount, every day in their webcart!