Chapter Tactics #69: Summer Hype and Imperial Knights

Chapter Tactics is a 40k podcast which focuses on promoting better tactical play and situational awareness across all variations of the game. The guys talk about the upcoming Summer tournament schedule, and what to expect coming into 8th edition’s second year. Peteypab talks about what he likes from the new Knight Codex.

Show Notes:

• Just a heads up, I was incorrect about the costs of the new Imperial Knights, which mean’s Val’s Gallant list is a real possibility.
  • Don’t forget to check out our new sponsor! Broken Egg Games.
  • Click here for a link for information on downloading best coast pairings app where you can find lists for most of the events I mention.
  • Check out the last episode of Chapter Tactics here. Or, click here for a link to a full archive of all of my episodes.
  • Want more tactical information about the new edition? Check out our 8th Edition article archive to help get a leg up on the competition!
  • Commercial music by Music by: www.bensound.com
  • Intro by: Justin Mahar

Visit their store!

got a list

Need help with a list idea? Got a rules question? Want to talk tactics? Then email me at…

frontlinegamingpeteypab@gmail.com

Please do not send an army list in a format such as Army Builder, send them in an easy to read, typed format. Thanks!

About Petey Pab

Aspiring 40k analyst, tournament reporter and Ultramarines enthusiast, Petey Pab only seeks to gather more knowledge about the game of 40k and share it with as many people as he can in order to unite both hobbyists and gamers. We are, after all, two sides of the same coin.

15 Responses to “Chapter Tactics #69: Summer Hype and Imperial Knights”

1. Mush June 4, 2018 2:54 am #

Ehhh the base knight cost is 285… Not 385.

Thanks gallant costs 354pts.

• Petey Pab
      Petey Pab June 4, 2018 6:36 am #

Thanks for the heads up! I realized it after. The number in my notes was wrong. Which of course, was the number I went for.

• Val Heffelfinger
      Val Heffelfinger June 4, 2018 2:00 pm #

YAAAAASSSSS THE KNIGHT GALLANT META RISES

Reecius June 4, 2018 2:16 pm #

I think the Gallant is going to be quite popular as he is both cheap and becomes a beast with some of the upgrades available.

2. John Lennon
    jifel June 4, 2018 12:22 pm #

Florida is definitely not the south…

• abusepuppy June 5, 2018 5:05 am #

I mean, it’s got rednecks, hillbillies, yokels, and wahoos, that’s pretty South to me. Plus, it’s got a plunging economy, creepy backwoods towns where they haven’t discovered plumbing or electricity, religious crazies, tons of gun violence, and a school system so backward they think that it’s still 1948- all the hallmarks of a proud Southern state.

3. John Lennon
    jifel June 4, 2018 12:28 pm #

Also, two more events that it is way-too-late to shout out to for the podcast, GCWA in MS on june 9-10, and the Dallas Open on june 16-17. Everyone forgets the southern GTs…

Reecius June 4, 2018 12:31 pm #

In the future, please feel free to reach out to us for shout-outs for GT and Major level events, we’re happy to help we just need a heads up!

• John Lennon
        jifel June 4, 2018 3:02 pm #

I’ll keep that in mind, thank you! Love the pace at which tournaments are growing right now.

Reecius June 4, 2018 3:27 pm #

I know, right?! So exciting, I think everyone can feel it becoming more and more of a thing, not long before we have a pro league and all that fun stuff I think. WHo knows, we may one day have stadiums full! Anything is possible =)

4. Pharun June 5, 2018 4:40 am #

With the upcoming Knights, what would be a good counter as a Space Marine + Deathwatch player. With priority on Infanterie. I have about 20 hellblaster in my curent list but think this would be not the apropriate firepower against Knights and such things as the only anti-tank.

• Dakkath June 5, 2018 7:20 am #

Meltas and Lascannons

5. Graspian June 19, 2018 1:13 pm #

This is a little late, obviously…
    But is it even possible to take the 5 gallants anyways considering the Matched Play rules not allowing you to take more than 3 copies of the same data sheet?

I really want to take 5 gallants, but I don’t think its possible. 🙁

• abusepuppy June 19, 2018 7:34 pm #

No, it isn’t. Val was being facetious there.

• Graspian June 19, 2018 8:09 pm #