More Nurgle Previews! (Updated)

The Pugoyle Blightlords and the Beasts of Nurgle look awesome! What do you all think?

And remember, Frontline Gaming sells gaming products at a discount, every day in their webcart!

secondhandhsop

10 Responses to “More Nurgle Previews! (Updated)”

1. Beau December 30, 2017 11:33 am #

I got excited seeing the leaked models long ago, but I had to go lie down when I saw the leaked prices. Anyone wanna knock over a UPS truck with me?

• rvd1ofakind December 30, 2017 12:31 pm #

Yeah… this one is a definite miss for me(so far the only bad one).
      Outragious price, really bad picture(I assume the other options can make it more presentable) and I just prefer the old resin ones tbh…

• rvd1ofakind December 30, 2017 12:32 pm #

Beast of Nurgle, I mean.

• Beau December 30, 2017 3:21 pm #

I actually like this one compared to the other face. I think a better paint job would do it more justice.

When I run beasts of Nurgle I usually use 7 at least and they are very cheap for what they can do. Insane price point.

• rvd1ofakind December 30, 2017 8:50 pm

Right now they are just more expensive Plaguebearers. They need to have 10-12 movement

2. Dakkath December 30, 2017 11:53 pm #

I’m underwhelmed by the beasts of nurgle. They don’t looks like something I’d call a beast. Maybe “Giant Rotmaggot of Nurgle” but not beast.

3. B. Raven December 31, 2017 9:12 am #

The beasts of Nurgle are very disappointing in 8th. The advantage they had in 7th was the 12″ movement and 4+ poison. Now with a 6″ move, it is hard to get them where you need, they die relatively easily and they don’t do much in combat(4 str, 0 AP, 2 Dam) without some serious buffs.

• Beau December 31, 2017 9:35 am #

That is true, if you want fast moving beats you take chaos spawn instead. I find in 8th they perform similar roles with slight differences. The beasts are for support (hence the intervention ability) and also need support themselves. When you have a footslogging herald of nurgle near them their strength goes up, if you have a blob of them you can cast virulent weapon on them to make them get +1 to hit, and 6’s do double damage… that is pretty crazy for their volume of attacks. I am however scared of fielding them in blobs for moral reasons… hopefully codex addresses that somehow.

4. rvd1ofakind December 31, 2017 2:35 pm #

It was unclear. Is the tree summon only a sigmar thing?

• Blight1 December 31, 2017 6:19 pm #

They confirmed in White Dwarf that it will have rules in the 40k codex.
      It apparently speeds up Nurgle units and does mortal wounds to other unit types in AoS.