And here they are: the updated ITC Champion’s Missions. Thanks so much to everyone that gave such awesome feedback on them and helped to shape them into what they are.
These will not be changing between now and LVO unless we need to correct a grammar error or clarify something that is unclear. If we find some truly big error that we missed that severely impacts the mission’s function we may make a change but do not anticipate this occuring. In short: you can practice these for LVO prep! If you have any questions, please ask in the comments section.
- We changed the order of the missions to what we felt was a more fun, varied and balanced order, saving our favorite mission for the final round.
- We changed the wording of Cut to the Heart (the 3 objective mission) to trigger the bonus point when you control both the middle objective and your opponent’s objective as it was previously too easy to get.
- We changed the wording of the “destroy an enemy unit” style objectives to trigger when the unit is destroyed, regardless of how, to avoid weird situations where a model loses its last wound to perils, a friendly vehicle exploding nearby, etc.
- We clarified some of the language in the Pre-game, Deployment & Setup section to avoid any ambiguities.
- We swapped out the scoring sheets for some that we feel make it easier to track the missions.
- Kingslayer was modified to not stack with Titanslayer, and was modified as such:
- You earn 1 points for every 4 wounds if the Character chosen is a Vehicle or Monster. This will help make units like Command Tanks and Hive Tyrants more appealing in the format as they will shed less points.
- You earn a point if the unit destroyed was also the other player’s Warlord. This helps make the mission more appealing to choose for lower wound models and can earn you full points if a powerful unit like a Hive Tyrant is also a Warlord.
- Behind Enemy Lines was modified to be a progressive mission, giving a point for each player turn in which you have 2 or more of your units within 12″ of your opponent’s rearmost and longest deployment edge (think old-school Linebreaker).
- Death by a Thousand Cuts was modified to trigger for every 3 enemy units destroyed in a Battle Round, resetting the counter every battle round.
- If you destroy 5 units in a Battle Round, you get 1 point. 7, you get 2, etc.
- We added the Old School mission which works as such. You gain 1 pt for each of the following:
- First Strike: an enemy unit is destroyed in the first Battle Round.
- Slay the Warlord: the enemy Warlord is destroyed at game’s end.
- Linebreaker: Have one of your models within your opponent’s deployment zone at the end of the game.
- Last Strike: an enemy unit is destroyed in the last Battle Round played.
- We added the Gang Busters mission which works as such: Pick an enemy unit of multi-wound models. Earn 1 point for the following:
- Each enemy model in the chosen unit with 5 or more wounds destroyed.
- Every two enemy models in the chosen unit with 2-4 wounds destroyed.
Thanks for your feedback and participation!
And remember, Frontline Gaming sells gaming products at a discount, every day in their webcart!