Preview: 40k Video Bat Rep: NEW Tyranids vs. NEW Eldar!

We just got done filming a fun video bat rep with the new Tyranids taking on the new Eldar! Who do you think will come out on top? Per usual, this video bat rep will air at 9am PST on our YouTube channel!

Frankie is playing the new Tyranid dex, and is trying out some well known units!

Unit Force Org Cost # Total Weapons Cost # Total Total
Containment Spines 1
Biostatic Rattle 1
Adrenal Glands 1
Hive Guard Elites 3 Impaler Cannon 3
Totals     98 1702       275 1977
Command Points: 7       Detachments: 2

This time, we will be checking out Iyanden and some of the cool abilities they have including the potentially devastating Psytronome of Iyanden relic!

Unit Force Org Cost # Total Weapons Cost # Total Total
Wraithlord Heavy 103 1 103 Shuriken Catapult 0 2 0
Super Heavy Aux Iyanden       Command Points 0
Wraithknight LoW 402 1 402 Heavy Wraith Cannons 50 2 100
0 Star Cannon 15 2 30
Totals     67 1581       416 1997
Command Points: 7       Detachments: 3

29 Responses to “Preview: 40k Video Bat Rep: NEW Tyranids vs. NEW Eldar!”

1. WestRider October 31, 2017 7:26 pm #

Release the Kraken!

2. Jimbojones October 31, 2017 7:35 pm #

That wraith knight doesn’t have Iyanden traits?
    Well that is a real shame.

• Lex November 1, 2017 4:51 am #

Why wouldn’t it? It’s the only unit in the Detachment and Eldar doesn’t have the same exclusion as Astra Militarum.

3. Chancy October 31, 2017 8:26 pm #

When can we watch?

Reecius November 1, 2017 9:04 am #

Monday morning at 9am PST.

• NovaStar November 1, 2017 9:39 am #

So almost a week away 🙁

Reecius November 1, 2017 9:47 am #

Our video bat reps come out every week on Monday at 9am PST =)

4. Garry Leonard October 31, 2017 10:53 pm #

Those wraith lords have no guns….. Sir….. your a man after my own heart.

Reecius November 1, 2017 9:24 am #

Yeah, just playing to use the Psytronome of Iyanden! Turns them into melee monsters.

5. Wayniac November 1, 2017 5:36 am #

No upgrades on Storm Guardians/Guardians/Dire Avengers?

Reecius November 1, 2017 9:23 am #

I usually do not. If you use all of their strats and buffs, they do just fine and can hit really hard with basic kit.

• abusepuppy November 1, 2017 9:49 am #

Huh, not even a fan of the Chainswords for the extra attacks on the Stormies? Doubling your number of swings seems worth 1pt to me.

Reecius November 1, 2017 11:38 am #

They do have Chainswords, but they are free, which is why i didn’t list it, but I will add it. You are right, it is totally worth it.

6. Kitane November 1, 2017 6:30 am #

That Kronos Trygon Prime looks a bit out of place, unless its role is to bring Kronos shenanigans to the Eldar psykers. Synapse is specific, right?

Looking forward to the report.

• Kitane November 1, 2017 6:32 am #

“Synapse is hive fleet specific, right?”

The postgaunt ate my brackets and everything inside.

Reecius November 1, 2017 9:06 am #

He is indeed there to disrupt psychic powers!

7. Venkarel November 1, 2017 7:51 am #

The Autarch forceshield is 6 points now not 8, along with the 3 points you have free will give you 5 free points which is a spear on the farseer.

Reecius November 1, 2017 9:07 am #

Good catch, but, the game has already been played =P

8. Jesper77 November 1, 2017 9:05 am #

Oki, cool lists but what has happened to the tournament lists? Would be fun seeing to hard hitting list work it out. Maybe Aloitec with -2 all over the place and some Tyranid DS hive tyrants with CC shenanigans supported by lots of Biovores and some Impalers. FLG was all about heavy hitting lists before. Taking a step back from it?

Reecius November 1, 2017 9:20 am #

Lol, no, not taking a step back, but we enjoy variety for one, and I wanted to show off some cool Iyanden tricks (they hit like a freight train when you do it right) and Frankie is very unfamiliar with Nids. Eldar and Nids were two armies I really focused on as I love them, Frankie played against them mostly. So, he played a fairly straight forward army to keep it easy.

And, as I always say, just because the internet says a list “best” doesn’t make it so =) I say that not to sound condescending but just that all these people claiming one thing is best and others are not competitive or whatever are closing their minds to what is possible. And, lol, many of them haven;t even tried the book yet =)

So, anyway, not trying to be rude at all, just hoping to show people there are a lot more possibilities than just Alaitoc and that especially against a melee army, -1 to hit vs. shooting doesn’t do a whole lot.

• Jesper77 November 1, 2017 3:42 pm #

No you doesnt sound rude and I hope I didnt sound rude either 😉 Was just asking becuase when I started following you guys you were all over the place with FW, heavy hitting ”almost be ashamed” lists and as of latest it feelt like you were getting a little bit tired of those lists even when youre talking during the games but then I was just wrong then 🙂

But as you pointed out both books are just off the press. Hard to realy know whats the best and what works or not so its a good time to test stuff out. Btw, Hope Nidz get some realy fun stuff to break ”the debuff shooting” lists, would be fun to see some more Tyranid lists on tournaments. To few if em now imo. Their easiest one of the coolest armies. Big giant monsters with insanely large claws and talons, whats not to like?

Reecius November 2, 2017 7:56 am #

Good points. I guess how nasty a list is in the eye of the beholder.

However, I personally always prefer to play “weird” lists. I find it so much more engaging, challenging and fun. What is a truly powerful list though, just comes down to perception. My Space Marine army was considered off, or not so strong and I have gone like, 10-3-1 in tournament play with them? I literally had people telling me they straight up didn’t understand how it even worked and I was beating hardcore net lists with it quite handily.

That is not to say I am a mega awesome player or what have you, I am not, but being confident with your list and comfortable with it is more valuable than having it be internet approved.

Now, to be fair, Frankie just used a list he had played before as he is not a master of the Nid dex. He wanted something familiar.

9. HKMac07 November 1, 2017 11:44 am #

Cant wait, really excited to see big units of bugs vs big units of guardians. That and wraithlords making a return to the board.

Reecius November 2, 2017 7:57 am #

Yeah, they’re good fun! I made a HUGE mistake with my Guardians though, lol. Let’s see if you spot it!

But the Wraithknights were solid, when you pop the Psytronome they pummel things.

10. DirtyDeeds November 1, 2017 7:05 pm #

Really excited to see more Eldar in action! I plan on running the same guardian combo I’m my list (Just need three more boxes…)

11. N.I.B. November 1, 2017 11:02 pm #

Monday? That’s an eternity, argh!

Anyway, since Frankie apparently is very unfamiliar with nids I expect them to get a kick in the nuts, for no other reason.
    Frankie’s nids look a bit like an index list. I’m not sure how necessary Swarmlord is in a Kraken list, but he’s an awesome model/unit for sure and I like his new stats a lot (I never liked 1D6 wounds, much too random).

I’m excited to see the new nids in action for sure, all giddy like a schoolboy for this release!

12. Laurence November 3, 2017 7:02 am #

Is there any reason you can’t just throw in Yvraine into a new Craftworlds army and give it the Ynnari keyword?

13. Joshj November 6, 2017 11:03 am #

Where is dat b rep at !!!???