Episode 4 – Imperium vs Blood Angels (2000pts)

In this episode, Sean’s “Imperial Soup” takes on Butters’ Blood Angels, a rematch! 2000 points, playing ITC Scenario 1.

12 Responses to “Episode 4 – Imperium vs Blood Angels (2000pts)”

1. Indy September 7, 2017 7:24 pm

No surprise there. BA are SO OP right now. Right on, FLG. Better advise GW even more.

Reecius September 7, 2017 7:56 pm

Lol, what are you talking about?

• rvd1ofakind September 7, 2017 8:24 pm

Well right now here’s a list of bad armies:
        Blood Angels
        Death Guard (until the codex I assume)
        Dark Angels
        Death Watch
        Adeptus Mechanicus
        Dark Eldar
        Space Wolves
        Grey Knights (pure grey knights)
        Thousand Sons

Maybe some of the non-ultamarine marine armies have gotten top in some big tournaments, but they all blend together. Silly marines. All I know is in BAO and NOVA it is:
        Tier 1: IG, Chaos Soup, Imperial Soup
        Tier 2: Ultramarines, Orks, Tyranids
        Tier 3: the rest

Feel free to correct me where I’m wrong(I definitelly am forgetting some of the BAO top 16 or so) Big Tournament scene wise. And we can’t really afford to look at every tournament because there are too many friendly tournaments and non WAAC players in said tournaments.

And please, don’t say an army is good when it gets 51st place in nova 🙁
        Ofc this is just “Waiting for Codex”/December book time for most people with those armies.

• rvd1ofakind September 7, 2017 8:30 pm

Oh and add “Actual Chaos Daemons” to the bad army list as they are really really bad when they don’t spam the broken units. The good units they have are: Bloodletters, brimstones, DPs, Big Bird. And that’s about it.

• rvd1ofakind September 7, 2017 8:38 pm

Context: I have 400 admech, chaos daemon models waiting for their codex, december, 9th edition. Whichever fixes them first. Have you seen a single Pure Khorne/Slaanesh/Tzeentch daemon army? I know I’ve seen Nurgle and that was really cool. These 4 armies are just “run at you to charge you” armies that have next to no tools to do so. All they can do is rely on summoning and at that point you only ever summon bloodletters anyway.

Reecius September 8, 2017 8:32 am

Hahaha, so Chaos Daemons are bad if you don’t take their good units….got it! =P

Reecius September 8, 2017 8:39 am

Those armies are bad? Says who? And you think that the results of a single event define what is good or bad? If so, I say you are being myopic in your perspective.

Let me give you an example: in 5th ed, I played all infantry Eldar. I took them to what was at the time the biggest tournament in the world: Adepticon. Everyone told me I was an idiot, that Eldar were bad and that all infantry Eldar were even worse, etc. I then went to the Semi-finals losing a super close game.

Then, all of a sudden, people started playing all infantry Eldar all the time and within a few months, everyone “knew” they were good. Duh. lol

At NOVA I took a pure Ravenguard army and was defeating the armies you list, haha. I never felt outclassed. Ben Mohlie went to the top 8 with orks playing the same “best” armies you list.

All it takes is one person breaking the mold to shift the group perspective. There are no bad armies, simply some that are easier to win with than others at any given time.

Don’t classify things in your mind without trying them. You close yourself off to new opportunities when you do that.

• rvd1ofakind September 8, 2017 12:20 pm

Oh, I have nothing but respect for you after you made it that far with your very unconventional list in NOVA

The problem with chaos daemons is that they pretty much have 5 good units out of like 40. If all the, in your opinion “problem units”(and I agree to an extent) get nerfed before the others are buffed to compensate, Chaos Daemons will pretty much have nothing left

Reecius September 8, 2017 1:16 pm

Well, assume your codex is going to bring you loads of goodies. I sound like a broken record I am sure, but wait for your codex =)

• Threllen September 8, 2017 1:37 pm

We’ve seen a few “hotfix” nerfs to incredibly broken units like brims, but I don’t think you have to worry about “all the problem units getting nerfed before the bad units gets buffed to compensate.”

Most of the re-balancing seems to be coming via each army’s codex. That’s where you’ll see a bulk of the nerfs/buffs and they’ll all come together. It’s very apparent index armies were never really meant to be balanced or competitive. Some units/stratgies get so, so much better in the codex.

Hopefully everybody can hang on until then before giving up on their army.

• Indy September 8, 2017 4:25 am

“We were actually worried Blood Angels were OP.”

-Reece Robbins. 32:39 into:

Reecius September 8, 2017 8:32 am

lololol, so, Blood Angels lose a single, very close game in a video bat rep and so….what? They suck? Come on, friend, you are overreacting. Also, perhaps I am reading it wrong, but it seems like you are implying that we give bad advice or were lying to you or something? That is not appreciated if so.

Blood Angels are very good and get amazing with their Codex. But, your opinion is your own.