FLG News: New Media Schedule

We’re changing our media schedule here at Frontline Gaming.

Times and circumstances are always in flux and we can but adapt to them! The lovely and talented Mariana is cutting back her hours here at Frontline Gaming to pursue new options. While she is certainly not leaving the team and will be with us for the foreseeable future, we’ll be getting less of her time.

As she essentially runs all of our video production and video media, we will have to cut back on the amount of content we put out as a result.

So, we will be pulling back to a single podcast per week. This will combine Signals from the Frontline and the Ninth Realm into a single show, which will air every Friday. This coming Friday will be the last “standard” Signals from the Frontline featuring Reece and Frankie at the usual 11am PST time. Next week we will air a single show on Friday, September 1st. There will be no Ninth Realm tomorrow. We will save that discussion for next week’s new format show and dig in to the General’s Handbook 2017 as well as discussing 40k news and happenings.

We will also, unfortunately, have to pull back on our live 40k games as those are extremely demanding of our time and without full time Mariana are not going to be possible. We will have one more live game this Friday, August 25th.

But do not fear! We will still be streaming our weekly podcast which will be available to those of you who join live before it hits iTunes and YouTube! We will also continue to live stream hobby classes with our paint studio.

We will be producing one high quality video battle report per week as well, so get excited for that!

Thank you so much for the support everyone and we look forward to continuing to entertain you all with a bit less frequency but more quality.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
22 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
TitoBaggins
TitoBaggins
4 years ago

I’m sorry to hear it. The live games have come a long way since Marianna has been part of your team. The green screens, the multi camera set ups, the welcoming of new twitch accounts, and the live interactive chat have made your live games very interesting. I imagine the multiple podcasts per week can be overwhelming, let alone coordinating multiple games. I am curious if the listenership warrants them. What amount of views/ twitch subs makes it worth it. Frontline has spent quite a bit of resources keeping the tap open on all the video/audio . ( I just saw a painting tutorial show yesterday, is this one gone as well?, I’m hoping not) Nonetheless, I appreciate the efforts you all have put into your content. It really is top notch. Looking forward to hearing your next show.
-tito

Duz_
Duz_
4 years ago

Nooooo!!!! How else am I meant to get my twice weekly fix of 40k!!

rvd1ofakind
rvd1ofakind
Reply to  Duz_

this

NC
NC

PAY HER MORE!

Calle K
Calle K
4 years ago

Sad to hear that you will have to cut down on the amount of high quality podcasts and livestreaming you have spoiled us with. Mariana is really great and I hope she will be able to put in more hours in the future. For now I want to wish Mariana good luck on whatever other options she is pursuing and that all goes well, Cheers!

CWDub
CWDub
Reply to  Calle K

^This right here.

And right as I start a new work at home gig, too…

Welfstar
Welfstar
4 years ago

Boo. You should pay the woman more, Reece.

Ytook
Ytook
4 years ago

Sad to hear it, but hope Mariana enjoys her new stuff 🙂

dasbeets
dasbeets
4 years ago

FLG has been burning the candle at both ends lately. I hope nothing but good things come from this.

Icoop
Icoop
4 years ago

Does this affect Pablo’s podcast?

Don Tomaso
Don Tomaso
4 years ago

Pff, tell us the real reasons I say.
I bet you simply do not want to have to show any more failed overpriced GKs being 3rd-turn tabled in every single gk batrep any more. 😛

Could another solution regarding the insane amount of time spent on the batreps be to do them in a way more akin to the recent blood angels batrep? Simply show a speed up batrep with commentary on what´s going on at the side?
No need for chat or constant moderation/monitoring or sweating your asses of in 2+ hour long slug feasts.

1: Just record a normal batrep with no need to worry about language, dice cams, chats etc.
2: Quickedit it into a speeded up format from 2h to 20-30 min.
3: Record some what-is-going-on commentary on top.
4: Let people debate strategies themselves in the forum.

Dont know how much time you need to shave of but this would save some at least.

Jural
Jural
Reply to  Don Tomaso

A good way to cut down on Bat Rep time? Only use armies of Knights and other Lords of War!

Don Tomaso
Don Tomaso
4 years ago

“I think so, her new side gig is like, mega chill, haha.”

She´s selling ice cream?

archied1
archied1
4 years ago

Bummer! From my perspective you guys are the kings of live streaming 40k games. Anyone know of other good 40k live streaming out there? With Frontline shutting down this aspect I need to find a new outlet!

Don Tomaso
Don Tomaso
4 years ago

LongWar are pretty good also if you want lots of humor check out miniwargaming and Steves channel.

archied1
archied1
Reply to  Don Tomaso

Thanks – agreed about Thelongwar, I think those guys do the best pre-recorded battle reports. I’ll check out miniwargaming and Steves channel.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x