Warhammer 40,000 News: Death Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus Codexes Announced!

Also, new errata for Grey Knights and Chaos Space Marines, too!

Grey Knights Errata

Chaos Space Marines Errata

Pretty cool, you can again take Berzerkers as troops in World Eaters detachments and likewise with Noise Marines in Emperor’s Children detachments! Daemon Princes also get legion traits which is awesome, too. That’s just part of it, make sure to jump in and check out some of those changes.

We also know that Death Guard is on the way, too! Beyond the obviously amazing impending release of Mortarion, we’ll also have loads of extra abilities, traits, relics, etc. to build customized and characterful Death Guard armies.

It has also been announced that Adeptus Mechanicus is inbound after Death Guard. Awesome! 8th edition is evolving rapidly and this book is sure to shake things up a lot, bringing together the Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus armies which were previously separate and are now joined together. I can’t wait to see how the community uses the amazing stratagems, relics, etc. that are contained in this book.

What are you most excited for?

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
guest
31 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Blight
Blight
4 years ago

Have also heard of a deathguard apothecary. Sort of confirmed by a good source.
Looking forward to both quite a bit.

Ethenbrul
Ethenbrul
4 years ago

I am disappointed by the lack of Xenos thou I hoped they would do them after the chaos lot but now we get another imperial :/ I mean sweet more for my imps but my eldar want some love too

Jural
Jural
Reply to  Ethenbrul

Honestly- my Tyranid want to go in the “explosively expanding the power of units in an irresponsible manner” phase as opposed to the “overly cautious early release” phase or the “Oops, we went to far, time to become super conservative again” phase.

It’s a sweet spot that can carry an army through a whole edition!

Jural
Jural
Reply to  Reecius

Right now I’m just glad I never got around to buying Hive Tyrants three through six, and also never got rid of my 6th edition stalwarts, genestealers!

bogalubov
bogalubov
4 years ago

As an Iron Warrior player I am very much disappointed in the Chaos codex. The units that are worthwhile have just been reshuffled. Without new models the whole thing seems pointless and stale. I’m not holding much hope for Mechanicus codex.

Threllen
Threllen
Reply to  bogalubov

All my forgefiends and heldrakes just got cheaper, I got a free legion trait (even if I personally don’t like it that much), and the IW relic is badass.

Throw on top of that points reductions to a few CSM vehicles, huge points drops to warpsmiths, and Obliterators that are literally twice as good at shooting for the same price.

Basically everything an Iron Warriors player wants to use got better in some way with this codex. I don’t know how you can be disappointed with that…

Threllen
Threllen
Reply to  Reecius

Eh I tend to focus my IW lists around havocs, oblits, or vehicles so the trait isn’t super super good for a lot of my armies but Cultists are definitely appealing now thanks to that trait. Especially with their needed 1ppm drop and the fact you don’t have to pay for their autoguns like you did last edition.

bogalubov
bogalubov
Reply to  Threllen

So GW released a half baked index that I got to use for 2 games. Then GW released a codex that adjusted points and gave a warlord trait and legion trait of limited utility and I should be thrilled for paying 60 dollars for that? This after waiting for 2 editions for a new book. I would have rather waited longer for them to come up with new models and non shitty rules than have this double rush job.

rvd1ofakind
rvd1ofakind
Reply to  bogalubov

Don’t bother, Reece, It’s not worth it… This one is a lost cause…

Blight
Blight
Reply to  bogalubov

You paid 60 for your codex?

bogalubov
bogalubov
Reply to  Reecius

Feeling tired and over worked so I let the snark and swearing get out of hand, so sorry about that.

I don’t agree with the design of the book as I don’t think point drops and trying to encourage people to accumulate command points is an effective way to promote diverse armies. People still spam the most effective unit. FOC manipulation to me seems a better way. But people can disagree on that.

Charging people money to use an index that’s pretty close to the final codex to use that book for 2 months does seem like a dick move though.

Jural
Jural
Reply to  Reecius

personally, I think they should have had the indexes up for free online or at some ridiculously low $5 each cost. In some cases, we basically bought indexes for one month of use.

But I know they wanted a print run, and selling books of any caliber at $5 may have been bad.

Of course the ideal thing would have been to have the full price index come with a one time “50% off a future codex” coupon or code, something like that. Then people buying an index for just one faction get a nice boost, and people who get three or four factions out of the same Dex would get a minimal impact, but would have got a lot more mileage out of the index.

rvd1ofakind
rvd1ofakind
4 years ago

Hope Ad Mech has some pts drops, especially in the troops section.
And some way to actually move without allying in deep strikers

Will all Nurgle Daemons be in the Death Guard Codex?

Jural
Jural
4 years ago

Very curious to see the rules for Mortarion, and exactly how different from CSM they plan to make Death Guard.

Don Tomaso
Don Tomaso
4 years ago

This is so cool. My death guard fanatic playing friend is drooling over this one as do I since I often face his disgustingly resilent armies on the table top.

Weird front cover though, are those emperors pink-o children dressed up in green battle plate? lol

AZGorilla
AZGorilla
4 years ago

Am I wrong that this edition wasn’t going to be all about more books you have to buy? Weren’t we initially supposed to get updates like Dataslates etc? I feel like I’m investing more money in another edition of a 40k Library instead of actual models to play with. Of course I’ll end up buying most of them, but I was hoping to expand my collections of models not books for the same money. Not trying to be salty, just asking a legitimate question, please feel free to tell me if I am wrong.

bogalubov
bogalubov
Reply to  AZGorilla

That was my impression as well. Hence my saltiness above. I really thought that units would just come with rules in the box and then there would be campaign books that allowed you to string unique armies together. And now I’ve bought 3 indexes, 3 forgeworld indexes and one codex. Clearly the problem is that I’m voting with my dollar to keep supporting this business model…but I’m growing more unhappy with the process.

AZGorilla
AZGorilla
Reply to  bogalubov

Agreed Sir, you bought 3 Indexs, 3 FW books, and 1 Codex. What you didn’t buy was 3-5 boxes of cool new models, paints and other hobby supplies. Or 2 Boxes of models, your Event Pass for the LVO and your 1st round of drinks!

Just Sayin’

Jural
Jural
Reply to  AZGorilla

At the very least, I hope they can fix the digital editions when FAQ’s come out or if there are errors. There are like 3-4 errors in my CSM “Enhanced Edition” download.

I don’t mind the errors that much, but why aren’t these living documents???

Don Tomaso
Don Tomaso
4 years ago

So morty is beastly, ok I guess in a resilent way that he should rather then a kill-your-entire-army-singlehandidly way?

The blueberry man is more like a support super heavy making your army better, morty “should” be more like a cant be killed type rather then a damage dealer that earns his points back in two turns of combat.

The big question is however when the imbalance of numbers will be addressed.
We have 2 evil primarchs vs 1 good so when´s the next good guy coming?
If they release one a year I just might make it before death till I see Vulkan out there.

Gobstopper
4 years ago

I’m curious about the DG mini dex in the Dark Imperium. I wondrr if this is a preview of Death Guard Vectoriums (factions)

Pallid Hand: Spearhead formation is +3 CP
Apostles of Contagion: Blight Grenades STR 6
Fecund Ones: Enemy troops are -1 Toughness
Glooming Lords: -1 to hit over 12″s away
Putrid Choir: -1 to enemy morale rolls
Pox Mortis: Blight Grenades can be thrown by all Marines
Mouldering Claw: Plague weapons are +1 strength in assault
Weeping Legion: 4+ Disgustingly Resilient
Carrion Hounds: Endless waves of poxwalkers
Heralds of Despair: Plagueburst crawlers +1 strength
Corpsemakers: Ignore Cover saves

rvd1ofakind
rvd1ofakind
4 years ago

I really hope Mortarion isn’t balanced around his aura but rather his power as a sole model, like Magnus. So I can use him in my non-death guard army ^.^

Don Tomaso
Don Tomaso
4 years ago

As long as morty isnt made into a 7ed magnus, basically an untouchable piece of flying D-line auto win button shit.

God I effing hated 7th and the power disparity the codex writing morons gave us. Just seeing an eldar model or a riptide on the table still automatically makes me pissed of due to 7th.

Oh well, lets hope codex emperors chi..I mean pink-o death guard will be fun and varied and competitive without being op broken. So far with what we see with 8th I have high hopes and also a lot of fun at the tabletop.
Looking forward to this codex.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x