Signals from the Frontline #555: Hammer of Wrath GT Report

Join us for the live show on our Twitch channel by following this link! The show starts at 11am, PST.

Show Notes

Date: 8-14-17

Intro

• Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, and YouTube!  Join our Forums, too! If you would like to be a guest on the show, email Reece at Contact@FrontlineGaming.org
  • We sell tabletop games and supplies at a discount! Hit us up for your next gaming order at Orders@FrontlineGaming.org or visit our webstore at store.FrontlineGaming.org.
  • You think Reecius’ T-Shirts are cool? Buy yours, here!

News

• Grey Knights Codex overview with the Salty Banana.
  • Hammer of Wrath GT report with Reecius and Frankie.
  • GW Pre-orders up for sale this week:
    • Space Marine Primaris Inceptors
    • Primaris Ultramarine Upgrade kits
    • Warhammer 40k Astartes Dice
    • Basing Materials
    • Updated Talons of the Emperor set

Upcoming ITC Events

Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from  any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.

24 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline #555: Hammer of Wrath GT Report”

1. rvd1ofakind August 14, 2017 10:07 am #

Which is the correct distance: Red, Green, Purple, Blue or Orange. Context: the only place without walls is the side in the back(so Blue is relevant because of that)
    I’d like 3 answers:
    a) Green is infantry
    b) Green is FLY non-infantry
    c) Green is FLY infantry

• rvd1ofakind August 14, 2017 11:01 am #

Also the “blog” you were confused about was this exact page :p
      I thought “FLG website” would be clear enough xD

Reecius August 14, 2017 11:09 am #

Lol, I knew you meant our blog, what I was trying to communicate is that we didn’t have the information you were asking about open in front of us. And, as we don’t have a keyboard right there, we can’t navigate to other pages than the ones we have up and open for notes.

• rvd1ofakind August 14, 2017 11:24 am #

I thought that was what you meant, hehe.
          BTW, tournament players in Pablo’s facebook group “Competitive Warhammer” can’t even agree on this question =/

Reecius August 14, 2017 11:38 am

Well yeah, haha, when do they agree on anything? =P

• rvd1ofakind August 14, 2017 12:21 pm

So… I assume the answer is either:
            Later
            Or
            Roll a D6 xD

Reecius August 14, 2017 1:12 pm

Give me a sec, looking into it.

• rvd1ofakind August 14, 2017 7:26 pm

Thanks. Just asked in case the link got blocked or something.
            See, I knew this question was worth your while :p
            It occurs to us way too often, people overload their artilery infantry on ruins and I can’t do anything about that since I can’t get there on one turn… or can’t get there at all according to some people =/
            I don’t think I can’t get there because it has been adressed in “Stepping in to a new edition”:

Q: What happens when an Infantry model cannot
            completely end its move on a floor of ruins when
            attempting to scale the walls?
            A: If an Infantry model is unable to complete a move
            to a stable position, use the Wobbly Model Syndrome
            guidelines in the core rules to identify with your
            opponent where your model’s actual location is.

However that still doesn’t answer the question:
            Orange(the ruin has no ledges or windows(I’d really like to know if those make a difference)),
            Green(The ruin has walls on all 3 sides except from the back and it’s full of models)
            Blue(it doesn’t have a wall in the back so you can use wobbly model on the parts that are not covered)

Before you say it was adressed here:
            Q: How do vertical distances work for movement
            and measurements?
            A: All distances are measured in three dimensions, so if
            a unit moves over a hill or scales a wall, the horizontal
            distance and vertical distance combined cannot exceed
            its Movement characteristic. This means that in order
            to traverse across an obstacle, you must move up to the
            top of that obstacle, move across the top of it, then move
            down it.

I think this means that you can’t move through impasabble terrain. You have to move over or around it. Speaking of which, how do charges go on to impasable terrain? Can flying monsters land on those to make charges against them (significantly) harder?

2. Duz_ August 14, 2017 1:30 pm #

Glad to see my boy drippy on the cast today! 😀

3. Blackmoor August 14, 2017 7:30 pm #

Not all chaos players took malific lords. Some chaos players refuse to use forgeworld. Note: I might have been able to beat Adrien if I had them because I struggled to kill his repressors. -Allan

• mrmattywoodz August 15, 2017 10:16 am #

What is a Malific lord? I think I’m out of the loop but i have no idea what that is.

• rvd1ofakind August 15, 2017 10:42 am #

T4 4++ 4 wound model that knows 2 spells and can smite normaly. Cast 1, Deny 1. He has a CCW that becomes really good on perils(but this part doesn’t matter at all). What does matter is that he is 30 pts…
        It’s in Forge world astra militarum… for some reason

Reecius August 15, 2017 11:23 am #

Yeah, it is silly. Should cost at least twice as much as it does.

• mrmattywoodz August 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Yeah, I did some more digging after I asked the question, not only are these things 30 point smite machines, but using the Command Detachment, you can use them to get an extra command point for a whopping total of 90 points, they seem broken.

Reecius August 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Very broken, lol.

• rvd1ofakind August 15, 2017 3:08 pm

This part isn’t that big as there is a cap of 3 detachments which I reach all the time with daemons

• CrankyOldITGuy August 15, 2017 11:01 am #

Hey Allan. Any chance your list is going to surface? Was curious when I saw the standing, more so after the non-FW comment. Cheers!

• Dbiesto August 16, 2017 9:27 pm #

Malefic lords are unbalanced and will hopefully get a point update. not a big fan of renegade ig unless very chaos themed.

4. EvilCheesypoof August 15, 2017 12:19 am #

Where does it say “soup” armies don’t benefit from the ObSec, Chapter rules, and relics, etc?

I have the Space Marine codex and if you look at page 194 the only requirement to use the special rules is that the individual detachments have to be from the same chapter. It says it applies to battle forged armies that INCLUDE Space Marine detachments, not that the army must only have Space Marine detachments. It even keeps specifying in every rule that it only applies to Space Marine detachments as if you could also have non Space Marine detachments in your army. And being “battle-forged” just means that you’re using detachments, and the only thing Faction applies to is that your army must share a keyword like Imperium.

The Space Marine codex doesn’t actually say anything about your whole army’s faction. As it’s written you could take an Ultramarine detachment and use all their stuff, and a Grey Knight detachment and use all their stuff, but only in the correct models.

Are you guys talking about something that will be implemented by GW in the future? Because as it’s written I could take a patrol detachment with a Lord Commissar and some Conscripts, and then a Battalion of Raven Guard and the Raven Guard detachment could use all the applicable Space Marine rules.

Now what you guys are saying was the impression I got from GW a few months ago, but as of now I don’t any rules saying it works the way you guys are saying. Please let me know if I missed something!

• EvilCheesypoof August 15, 2017 12:49 am #

Upon hearing it again it sounds like this is something planned for the future, like Tournaments are gonna do it first and then GW will have the official list specifying how the factions will work?

• Jural August 15, 2017 12:24 pm #

I think soup detachments don’t benefit, but if you have three separate or detachments in your army, Each one would be ObSec, or whatever they call it.

5. Jural August 15, 2017 12:29 pm #

Quick question on the Chaos Dex. I’m noticing a lot of problems with my enhanced edition…

Nowhere can I find the following rules and restrictions-

1. Emperor’s Children or World Eaters getting marked elites as troops (Noise Marines, Berserkers.)

2. EC or WE needing to take units with Mark of Slaanesh and Mark of Khorne (or unmarked.)

Item 1 isn’t that big a deal, but item 2 would be really a huge change! I would think I’m just missing it, or a problem in the enhanced edition.

For reference- the enhanced edition has the following other issues-

A. Chaos lord has Daemon Prince gear options
    B. Obliterators Fleshmetal weapons in no place specify range, type of weapon, or number of shots
    C. Heldrake has no Weapon Skill (a BS is listed as 4+, and then it is also shown to degrade from 3+ to 5+…)

Help?

• Threllen August 15, 2017 4:33 pm #

1. I don’t see that specified anywhere in the codex, either (mine is the physical copy).
      2. That is in the beginning section about marks of chaos. Says that they are optional unless you are going World Eaters/Emperor’s Children in which case they need their respective marks.

As far as the others:
      A) It should be the same lord stuff you would expect
      B) They are now Assault 4. Otherwise same characteristics as the index