Tuesday Night Fight: Tyranids vs. Ynnari

We’ve got Tyranids vs. Ynnari in tonight’s live game of 40k. Tune in at 5pm PST on our Twitch Channel to join the fun!

Frankie’s Nid List:

4 years ago

Hormagaunts* 😀

Herp Derpson
Herp Derpson
4 years ago

Eyyy go Bugs.

Always love seeing Frankies bugs take to the table.
Looks like a pretty standard Ynnari list. I wonder how frankie will deal with this one

N.I.B.
N.I.B.
4 years ago
Reply to  Herp Derpson

Not very well, as it turns out. Hiding in ruins and having a simple screen easily shuts down Tyranid shenanigans. Weakest race in 8th edition? Could well be.

Colin Sherlow
Colin Sherlow
4 years ago

Not enough cow bell

BloodHawk
BloodHawk
4 years ago

Fun battle report to watch, and uniquely interesting for me as I play both armies! I did cringe HARD when the dscythes were played wrong. Rolling each shot individually is always going to be 10,000 times better than rolling once for the unit, because you are not likely to roll all 1’s and 2’s. I have shot my dscythes about 15 times and rolled a 1 or 2 at least 10 of those times.

artfcllyflvrd
artfcllyflvrd
4 years ago
Reply to  BloodHawk

But you’re much more likely to get 15 shots. And with the ability to command point re-roll the 1 dice roll it’s way better than rolling them individually.

BloodHawk
BloodHawk
4 years ago
Reply to  artfcllyflvrd

Personally, I would always rather get an average result than getting the wild swings that a 1 and 2 or 5 and 6 provides. I guess it is personal preference, but I much prefer more consistent results to the variation a single dice provides.

BloodHawk
BloodHawk
4 years ago
Reply to  BloodHawk

Very good either way though!

Artfcllyflvrd
Artfcllyflvrd
4 years ago
Reply to  BloodHawk

If the means are the same than you are correct, most people prefer lower variance (although not always, if you need to do 15 wounds to win you want higher variance)

But given you’re going to invest a command point in the roll the single dice has a much higher mean.

nerdcore7863
nerdcore7863
4 years ago

What are the prices for the Hemlocks. I seen Adam Gati’s list from BAO had them at 211, but battlescribe has them at 221 because of the serpent shield.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x