Monday Night Fight: T’au vs. Black Templars

We’ve got a guest for the game tonight, Rich with his Black Templars vs. Frankie and his T’au! Join us at 5pm PST for the fun.

For the Black Templar list, click here.

Frankie’s T’au features some cool, fun units!

Unit Force Org Cost # Total Weapons Cost # Total Total
Battalion Detachment Tau       Command Points 3     1996
Commander HQ 76 1 76 Drone Controller, Missile Pod x2 53 1 53
Longstrike HQ 137 1 137 Ion Cannon, Smart Missile x2 95 1 95
Strike Team Troop 8 5 40 0
Strike Team Troop 8 5 40 0
Strike Team Troop 8 5 40 0
Ghostkeel Elite 82 1 82 Cyclic Ion Raker, Flamer x2, MV5 stealth drones x2 77 1 77
Hammerhead Heavy Support 117 1 117 Railgun, Smart Missile x2 78 1 78
Riptide Elite 209 1 209 Heavy Burst Cannon, Smart Missile x2, Target Lock 107 1 107
Riptide Elite 209 1 209 Ion Accelerator, Smart Missile x2, Target Lock 159 1 159
Ax39 Sun Shark Bomber Flyer 100 1 100 Missile pod, Seeker Missile x2, Interceptor Dronesx2 64 1 64
Marker Drone Fast Attack 10 5 50 0
Marker Drone Fast Attack 10 4 40 0
Marker Drone Fast Attack 10 4 40 0
Broadside Heavy Support 80 1 80 Heavy Railrifle, Smart Missile x2 103 1 103
0 0
Spearhead Detachment Drukhari Command Points 0 0
0 0
Vanguard Detachment Drukhari Command Points 0 0
0 0
Totals     36 1260       736 1996
Command Points: 6       Detachments: 1

11 Responses to “Monday Night Fight: T’au vs. Black Templars”

1. dylan July 24, 2017 7:02 pm #

Good batrep! Nice to see riptides.

Any chance we can see some elysians?

Reecius July 25, 2017 1:54 pm #

I could wing it with my Catachans.

2. Kevin Lantz July 25, 2017 4:14 pm #

Now the question is, after spending 130pts on markerlights (and for drone controller on the commander)

Was it worth it?

3. AbusePuppy July 25, 2017 6:01 pm #

Only two weapons on the Commander? No ATS on the the Burst Riptide? Longstrike with Ion instead of Rail? Zero Kroot to absorb charges?

For shame, Frankie.

Reecius July 25, 2017 6:26 pm #

It was a list that was good for the match-up!

4. Joshua July 26, 2017 1:29 am #

I just finished watching this (the streams happen while I’m working). I have to say I completely understand bringing a suboptimal list to a game but I can’t understand intentionally doing things you know to be the wrong decision just to throw the game to your opponent. I was extremely dissapointed with this stream and Frankie’s “generosity” in doing everything he could to make sure his opponent won no matter what. I think I might just skip any future videos like this one.

Reecius July 26, 2017 10:06 am #

Well, Joshua, you are free to do as you please. However, it was our guests Birthday, he came a long way to play and Frankie wanted to make sure he enjoyed himself. If you think that makes for bad entertainment, then so be it.

• Joshua July 26, 2017 10:25 am #

I completely understand wanting him to have a good time. Like I said taking the suboptimal list makes a lot of sense. With this edition everything should be viable and taking the less efficient units puts the advantage in his favor. I also completely understand doing what you guys do and helping your opponent along the way. Telling him his options, what’s most dangerous, etc. but seriously, who is helped by intentionally throwing a game? It doesn’t help him figure out how to refine his list because he’s getting false information. It doesn’t help the viewers who are trying to learn to play smarter or more tactically. It doesn’t help the new players who are trying to learn the ins and outs of playing. So the only thing I see this belong is the guests win record. (Although I guess it helped Frankie in the sense he got to call it when the game was already at 2 1/2 hours). I’m not saying doing this is wrong maybe just that a stream dedicated to helping people learn better 40k may not be the place for it. But of course it’s your stream. All I do is watch it and I’m sure I’m a minority in this sense.

• Kevin Lantz July 26, 2017 10:26 am #

I find I enjoy my games more when I’m playing tau when I tell my opponents “kill these drones then I can’t pawn the big wounds off the suits to the drones” and “this guy will deep strike after the start to hunt your tanks or x unit” “these units are easy to kill” etc etc…

• Joshua July 26, 2017 10:28 am #

Oh and I totally don’t mean to sound like a dock or anything. I was just hoping for a game I could learn something about Tau (which is my main army) and was kinda dissapointed. Also when I come down and play you guys please please don’t do this for me. I’m a big fish in a tiny pond and I want you guys to totally destroy me! I want to know how it is to play the greats!

Reecius July 26, 2017 11:02 am

All good, you didn’t sound like a dick at all. I understood where you were coming from. Frankie is just a very sporting guy, prefers to have a fun game.

And if you want a gloves off game when you come in, then let’s rock it! Always fun to go full blast.