Reecius’ Ork Horde Grows!

I had to share these! Painted by the FLG Paint Studio. More images to come, soon.

16 Responses to “Reecius’ Ork Horde Grows!”

1. Wizardfrog June 5, 2017 8:51 pm #

Looking good, killer kanns seem especially good now ruleswise. I unfortunately have to wait even longer for my death korps rules so im holding off on new stuff.

Reecius June 5, 2017 8:56 pm #

Yeah, just took them out for a spin tonight: was good fun!

Oh, and the Gorkanaut is a BEAST, lol!

• Wizardfrog June 5, 2017 9:25 pm #

The new rules really helped that poor gorkanaut out, he is soo good at killing things now while being tanky himself. Also big blobs of shoota boyz in battlewagons or with weird boyz are brutal. Orks are in a great spot

Reecius June 6, 2017 5:17 am #

Yes, indeed! Orks rock at present 🙂

2. greggles June 6, 2017 2:46 am #

Looking awesome buddy! Thanks for posting the photos up of them. Glad to see ork dreads (other then mine) back on the table again! Proppa looted as well!

How have you been running them so far? I’m starting with a gork/mork and 3 deffs followed by buffed boys, but thinking 2 gorks and a mork might be more effective overall (since the big guys can fall back and shoot/charge). So 90 boyz, 3 mega nauts + ghazzy, mad doc, painboy, weirdboy, waagh banner.

Also don’t know if you saw the other day, can we still be a sneaky git and put a mek in a naut? didn’t seem like we could anymore (based on the transport rules).

-Greggles

Reecius June 6, 2017 5:20 am #

Hey, thanks! And yeah, they’re very good. I run the Kans with rokkits, and the dreads with double skorchas and double klaws. I’ll check on the mek in the naut. I think you can but will confirm.

Army plays great! It’s fun, just can struggle a bit with hardcore shooty armies if you don’t have enough terrain.

• Mythic June 6, 2017 6:00 am #

Wait does this mean you aren’t playing your famous ork deathstar any more? 🙂

Reecius June 6, 2017 7:08 am #

There’s no Ork Deathstar!!! lolol

@Greg, yes you can put a Mek inside of the Gorkanaut!

• greggles June 6, 2017 7:12 am

Thanks Reece. Grot riggers that always work for less points then before? That’s a must take!

• Blight June 6, 2017 9:09 am

Though I think he was asking if you could still fix the vehicle while inside it.
            I don’t think you can unless it explicitly says you can fix a vehicle you are embarked upon.

• greggles June 6, 2017 9:54 am

Aye that is what I Was asking, can you fix the vehicle from the inside, or did i need to baby sit with a mek on a bike?

3. Donzo June 6, 2017 5:42 am #

Still following 2nd edition basing best practices??? You must have some old ork models….

Reecius June 6, 2017 7:07 am #

Lol, yes, that is true, haha.

4. Duh_Ruckus June 6, 2017 8:41 am #

I dig the 80’s Saturday morning villain look!

5. Luke June 7, 2017 1:04 pm #

Wow those Orks look really fast!