Newhammer Faction Focus: Necrons

Check out some of these Necron previews from the Warhammer Community site.

What do you guys think?

About Petey Pab

Aspiring 40k analyst, tournament reporter and Ultramarines enthusiast, Petey Pab only seeks to gather more knowledge about the game of 40k and share it with as many people as he can in order to unite both hobbyists and gamers. We are, after all, two sides of the same coin.

19 Responses to “Newhammer Faction Focus: Necrons”

1. AngryPanda June 1, 2017 3:18 am

And we complete the pendulum swing from minimal units during the Nightscythe airforce days. Glad I have a ton of dudes. If those 40 flayed ones ever get on one table it would be awesome.

2. Beau June 1, 2017 6:17 am

I have some Sylvaneth that I think I will play counts as Necrons. I am thinking Overlord + 60 Flayed Ones + 3 C’taan. Hopefully I can deep strike all those Flayed Ones and charge turn 1?

3. Michael Corr
    Michael Corr June 1, 2017 7:02 am

Some interesting info about the Necrons. 5+ or 4+ re-animation for every casualty, every turn (at least until the unit is gone) will be pretty powerful I imagine!

• Blight June 1, 2017 7:41 am

Or maybe twice a turn with res orb or ghost ark.🤐
      Also the fact that necrons kept ld10 is huge.

• AngryPanda June 1, 2017 8:14 am

It’s more like previous reanimations. And it definitely sells the unstoppable undead theme way better. Plus it encourages large units which I guess fits well too.

4. Pyrothem June 1, 2017 8:10 am

So without vehicle facing does the Mono/Obilisk do a disco spin and can fire all guns on one target? 20 S7 Tesla looks is pretty nice on paper.

Odd to think of a Doomsday Ark which Must stay still to fire at full load spins and fires the TWO 5 gauss banks at the same target if it is in range.

5. Sigmar June 1, 2017 9:04 am

…f me that’s nasty!! at least have a rule where you can’t bring them back if obliterated by a mortal wound! Necrons are striking me as having the strongest faction rule! Ok ynnari shenanigans are good too, since everything die easier.

6. Dbiesto June 1, 2017 10:20 am

Looks like Szeras will be pretty common with that reanime boost that’s brutal. So reanimate during your turn and the enemy turn? Necrons might be and remain a top contender this edition which would be cool to see on top tables.

• Beau June 1, 2017 10:48 am

If he does that I wonder what the Crypteks will do.

• Threllen June 1, 2017 10:57 am

Crypteks do the exact same thing. Expect to see them EVERYWHERE in Necron armies…

• Threllen June 1, 2017 10:56 am

Reanimation protocols are only made at the beginning of the controlling player’s turn, mercifully. It’s bonkers enough at that rate.

7. bonesaww666 June 1, 2017 12:56 pm

It just promotes an alternative playstyle when combating the Necrons, it’ll be focus Fire each unit down, I like the idea of everything taking a different approach when combatin them on the table top.

• Castle June 1, 2017 1:24 pm

Ya it’ll be back to 3rd/4th edition style of fighting crons. Wipe them all out so they can’t get back up. Means larger squads will benefit more from the rule than smaller squads.

Also sounds like characters won’t be able to benefit from this rule as they can’t join squads anymore.

• Threllen June 1, 2017 1:46 pm

Characters instead just regenerate wounds each turn. But once they’re dead… they’re dead.

• Ytook June 1, 2017 1:45 pm

Kind of like a lot of the Death units in AoS, destroy them completely or they’ll just come back again

8. niloc June 1, 2017 1:20 pm

I’m really liking what I’m seeing. In 7th Necrons were insanely durable but weren’t the killiest of armies. With gauss improving Armor pen across the board and Tesla getting buffed too, Necron killiness gets buffed while at the same time maintaining a fluffy and fun “durability” rule. Agree that opponents are going to have to prioritize/focus fire Necron units down to nothing. Death by a thousand cuts won’t be stopping the Silver Tide! Also the fact that initiative is gone means Flayed One/Praetorian/Lychguard charges are going to be nassssttyyy. A little bummed the lychguard shield dropped to 4+ invul but eh it makes sense AND we got an extra wound. Overall pretty stoked to see what’s coming, unlike Dark Eldar, which still look garbage sadly.

9. HeavyPlate June 2, 2017 6:59 am

Thanks for preview Reece. I was concerned about Necrons cause we weren’t hearing much. But this cleared it up.
    I love hearing 60 something warriors on the table is fantastic visual.

10. Painjunky June 5, 2017 3:41 am

Is quantum shielding as stupidly powerful as we all think it is???

Reecius June 5, 2017 5:30 am