NewHammer Faction Focus: Death Guard

Frankie wrote a Death Guard faction focus article which you can read here

Pretty awesome! What do you all think?

24 Responses to “NewHammer Faction Focus: Death Guard”

1. Davis A Centis May 23, 2017 9:06 am

I think the biggest question here are whether NewDeath Guard will have statlines similar to NewMarines? Like, the extra wound and better base weapons. Or are they staying the daemonically empowered Traitor Marines we’ve always known?

Oh, and that disgusting floating thing looks weird and scary. What is it? Support? Offence?

Other than that, really looking forward to the Ork Faction Focus!

Reecius May 26, 2017 7:16 am

They’re not Primaris Marines, no, but they are very good in their way. Different, but good. Pox Walkers particularly, are extremely useful on the table.

Chaos Lords are the business and Sorcerers remain excellent choices, but serve a different purpose, now.

2. Blight May 23, 2017 9:13 am

I am very interested in if these plague marines are going to be the same unit that we already know or a new version like primaris are to regular marines.
    Good that zombies got an official model and rules.

• Threllen May 23, 2017 10:42 am

They will be a similar unit to what we know and love from reading this article.

I think it will be much like “Rubric Marines” vs the old Thousand Sons. Before the Rubric Marines kit came out they were pretty boring, basic guys who couldn’t take anything special. Then they got all sorts of unique weapons.

I expect the same is going to happen with Plague Marines who will now have access to this Blight gun as well as maybe some other options.

• Beau May 23, 2017 12:00 pm

Well… basically what plague marines do is refuse to die while whittling at the opponent with bolters, plasma, plague knives. They actually do that well here in 7th, they just cost too much for killing so little. I assume they will basically play the same. They hold those objectives good! I assume for killing things that is going to as usual be your havocs, DP’s, Lords doing the heavy lifting.

3. WrentheFaceless May 23, 2017 10:13 am

Adeptus Mechanicus soon? I need to know if my army is actually one army now…like its supposed to be

• Ty May 23, 2017 10:38 am

The front of Index: Imperium II lists “Adeptus Mechanicus” with no mention of Skitarii

4. Threllen May 23, 2017 10:43 am

Well, thanks to this article I’m going to buy at least 3 sets of the Death Guard half. Gives me over 20 Marines and 60 poxwalkers. BRING ON THE ZOMBIES!!!

• Beau May 23, 2017 12:01 pm

I am debating how I want to use these models alongside my 21 resin PM’s, and 200 cultists…

I don’t want to scrap the old models now…

• Threllen May 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Thankfully I only have 40 Cultists (which I never use and can probably just throw in the bin honestly because I never liked the snapfit DV models). And I have 10 plague marines FW-style. Not sure if I want to keep those or not. Unfortunately they probably won’t fit in with the new ones. I was thinking of selling them for cheap on eBay to someone who is looking to buy DG on a budget.

• Beau May 23, 2017 4:05 pm

Maybe I can convert the old PM’s to Havoc’s…

5. HeavyPlate May 23, 2017 11:34 am

Always like these faction focus articles.
    Poxwalkers at 6 points a pop is quite the bargain if you ask me.
    Now, mild concern portion: That pysker power Frankie mentions. I certainly hope it can’t stack on the same unit.
    Still hyped, great timing with this one today.

6. Beau May 23, 2017 11:50 am

Anyone in orange county want a few boxes worth of ultramarines and i’ll take all your DG? Wait I suppose if you are visiting this article you probably plan on building up DG…

• Sigmar May 25, 2017 11:32 am

If you live in italy you got a deal sir.

7. TrexPushups May 23, 2017 1:01 pm

Deathguard reveal makes me think I will be very glad to have chosen autocannons for my havocs.

Especially if they maintain parity with tau missile pods

8. Morollan May 24, 2017 1:21 am

Any chance you could reveal whether the Blight Launcher (Assault 2, Strength 6, AP -2, D3 damage, 24″ range) mentioned in the article is their standard armament or some sort of special weapon? If it’s standard then they’re going to be outshooting Tau!

Reecius May 24, 2017 2:00 am

Those are not there standard issue weapons

• lessthanjeff May 24, 2017 4:40 am

Your words hurt me. Weren’t you an English major? People switching their and there make me cringe more than all those people using loose instead of lose.

Reecius May 24, 2017 4:56 am

I was (and still remain) an English major. However, when trying to balance many responsibilities and responding to posts/emails/etc. On my phone, there are some times errors made. That is inevitable without quite the slow down in content.

• lessthanjeff May 24, 2017 5:26 am

I know you guys are plenty busy these days and I appreciate all your hard work. I know you know the difference and figured it was just from exhaustion or autocorrect but I didn’t want you contributing to the problems. Thanks for all you do and keep the awesome content coming!

• Ty May 24, 2017 9:30 pm

Really? “Loose” just kills me. Also using “bias” as an adjective. *shudder

Reecius May 26, 2017 7:25 am

Prolly instead of probably makes my skin crawl, lol. We all have our grammar issues.

9. Morollan May 24, 2017 2:39 am