Signals from the Frontline #534: Tyranids and Transports Revealed

Join us for the live show on our Twitch channel by following this link! The show starts at 11am, PST.

Show Notes

Date: 5-22-17

Intro

• Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, and YouTube!  Join our Forums, too! If you would like to be a guest on the show, email Reece at Contact@FrontlineGaming.org
  • We sell tabletop games and supplies at 20% off! Hit us up for your next gaming order at Orders@FrontlineGaming.org or visit our webstore at FrontlineGaming.org.
  • You think Reecius’ T-Shirts are cool? Buy yours, here!

News

Upcoming ITC Events

Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from  any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.

26 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline #534: Tyranids and Transports Revealed”

1. Quinn May 22, 2017 11:50 am

So, love your stuff as usual. One question, when you were playtesting did you get to use FW stuff? I really want my Typhon to be legal (as opposed to ITC) with my IF. I don’t care about specifics, just whether or not FW stuff was included in testing.

Reecius May 22, 2017 12:37 pm

As GW said in their video, the play testers did indeed get access to FW stuff.

• cephalobeard May 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Here’s hoping the Raptors and Lias are cool! 😉

• Troy Graber May 22, 2017 4:35 pm

The way you phrased that seems a little awkward. You had access to FW rules. Did you give them a try? Was the feedback process as detailed, with conference calls, and rules tweaks?

Are renegades going to work better, and be less busted? Will Corsair rules be a giant quagmire of rules debates?

• Troy Graber May 22, 2017 4:36 pm

I’ve been playing some D99, and it would be nice to seem them flushed out a bit.

2. Tetrisphreak May 22, 2017 12:02 pm

Thanks for the updates! Glad to hear there are other rules in effect to help hordes function in combat. With 1″ melee range you end up with gaunts and boyz going man-to-man vs marines and that’s not how those horde armies typically win.

Reecius May 22, 2017 12:36 pm

Yeah, just hang tight on that one! It will be revealed soon, I am sure.

3. HeavyPlate May 22, 2017 12:33 pm

Thanks for the signals and answering my question. I sent it from my phone, sorry it was garbled up.
    Have fun at Warhammer fest.

Reecius May 22, 2017 12:36 pm

You got it and thanks!

4. Dunmer May 22, 2017 12:47 pm

On the subject of wave-particle duality, you may be interested in looking up the concept that electrons and hence particles are actually consciously aware of their environment. Without going into the world of quantum mechanics, the particle basically knows when it is being watched and observed and will behave strangely.

Heres a quick sum off it all. Sneaky electrons dont want us to know their secrets

Reecius May 22, 2017 1:21 pm

Awesome, I love theoretical physics!

5. crispy86 May 22, 2017 1:19 pm

Hey guys,

Is old one eye still kicking about in the new nids? I saw the model on ebay the other day and he was always something I wanted to field :D.

Thanks!
    Crispy

Reecius May 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Just have to wait and see =)

6. klobasnek May 22, 2017 3:02 pm

Good luck against the GW guys at Warhammer Fest. I don’t watch Warhammer TV’s streams very often, but if you guys are on there and they need team names for the overlay, I think you guys ought to give a nod to both teams’ involvement in NewHammer. The GW guys can be the Lords of Change, and FLG can be the Keepers of Secrets. 😉

Reecius May 22, 2017 3:18 pm

Lol, nice!

7. Anggul May 22, 2017 3:03 pm

Have I mentioned how excited I am for newhammer Tyranids?

Because I’m pretty excited for newhammer Tyranids.

Reecius May 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Same here!

• Anggul May 23, 2017 3:37 am

I am somewhat cautious about monsters not being able to smash through walls, I’m hoping (though not expecting) that carnifexes will be an exception considering that’s what they exist to do. At the very least FW stonecrusher carnifexes should be able to, they’re specifically bio-engineered to knock through walls, they even have bio-wrecking balls!

Either way though, I’m excited

8. winterman May 22, 2017 4:16 pm

Hey first thanks for the shout outs last week for the Storm – getting caught up on my podcasts this week. Appreciate all the support you send our way.

So the ruins movement thing is a bit of a trigger for me. Sounds like there are placement rules so that you won’t end up on boards where you can’t get around them, so that is good. But not being able to assault stuff with an MC cause they are in a ruin, even though his face and claws can literally touch the model without being in the actual ruin is gonna frustrate. Thinking like trygons and similar and guys in upper levels of ruins. As always will wait and see the full rules before raging (lol).

• Troy Graber May 22, 2017 4:25 pm

Yeah, if upper level of ruins grants you immunity from assault from walkers and MC’s it’s going to be something of a mess.

• Anggul May 23, 2017 4:46 am

I think it’s fine if the shorter monsters and walkers that couldn’t possibly climb up can’t assault them, it encourages you to take enough infantry to deal with such situations. Some models (like trygons and wraithknights) are easily tall enough to reach and attack without standing on the same level though.

• Anggul May 23, 2017 4:44 am

Good point. A trygon, wraithknight, Imperial knight, Bloodthirster, or whatever shouldn’t need to have their base on the same level as something to attack it when they can obviously reach because they’re so tall.

I guess we’ll see, maybe there are height rules or something to cover level issues like that.

9. Volhagen May 22, 2017 5:27 pm

Are flyrants still good with devourers? I dont need to know specifics just whether or not I should switch them over.

10. Sactownbri May 22, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi gents. At the beginning of the cast today you asked how many people use the supplements, cities of death, stronghold assault, etc. Locally here in Sac we use them in all of our narrative campaigns. Perhaps you don’t have much exposure because they aren’t used on the competitive tournament side?

Great work btw. You guys get stronger with every year. Very happy you’ve been able to help out GW give us a better game out of the gates. Hope you’ve purchased asbestos underwear too, because you know it will be your fault 😉.

11. Turrican May 23, 2017 8:39 am

In the show you mentioned that a Tyranid could Move and Advance twice before Charging when under the benefit of Hive Commander – however some rules have been leaked and confirm that you cannot charge or shoot after Advancing

Reecius May 23, 2017 8:49 am

Genestealers can, whom I was referring to.