Signals from the Frontline #533: NewHammer Drukhari Revealed

Join us for the live show on our Twitch channel by following this link! The show starts at 11am, PST.

Show Notes

Date: 5-19-17

Intro

• Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, and YouTube!  Join our Forums, too! If you would like to be a guest on the show, email Reece at Contact@FrontlineGaming.org
  • We sell tabletop games and supplies at 20% off! Hit us up for your next gaming order at Orders@FrontlineGaming.org or visit our webstore at FrontlineGaming.org.
  • You think Reecius’ T-Shirts are cool? Buy yours, here!

News

• You all asked and we delivered! Alien Hive now comes in 5 colors in 4×6′, 4×4′ and 3×3′ sizes.

Upcoming ITC Events

Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from  any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.

Rant Session

Tactics Corner

Rules Lawyer

Completed Commissions

List Review

17 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline #533: NewHammer Drukhari Revealed”

1. HeavyPlate May 19, 2017 1:24 pm #

Thanks for the signals.
    To the Primarus marines point: I hope people come around cause they look bad ass.
    To the Dark Elder point: Dark Eldar players morale is low, and they assume they’ll suck because they’re addicted to pain. Lol
    To people calling you sellouts: Didn’t you like, just this week slam GW for stealing ideas for their universes on one of the podcasts? Sure seems like the behavior of brainwashed sellout monkeys….
    Enjoyed the show. Ty for the hard work. Peace.

Reecius May 19, 2017 1:26 pm #

Hey, thanks for the kind words!

And yes, we do call it like we see it but sometimes (often, now) we find ourselves agreeing with GW and loving what they’re doing.

• Zhodo May 26, 2017 8:25 am #

Hi Reecius thanks for your work, is Vect back?

2. Ytook May 19, 2017 1:36 pm #

I’m happy with the tactical reserves rule (the one where you have to deploy half of the units in your army on the board in your deployment zone in matched play). I think the people getting upset with it were missing that scatter and (in most cases probably) arriving on a random turn is gone.

Having gone through the original Stormcast Warrior Brotherhood period in AoS playing against an entire army that can arrive when and where it likes is not fun in a competitive game, and that was an army having to use some sub-optimal units and not massively shooting focused. In open or narrative play where you play a scenario around it, it’s a fun game, but not in a competitive game.

Reecius May 19, 2017 2:32 pm #

Yeah, there is more to the way it all works that was discussed in regards to reserves.

• Ytook May 19, 2017 2:57 pm #

Gah I just want it now!

I’m enjoying this teasing of info though, comes out just before the end of the work day here in th UK and it’s a nice boost.

Great podcast as ever btw, you’re very good at talking to yourself 😉

3. GeekmasterK May 19, 2017 3:42 pm #

I think I would have more of a problem with the Primaris Marines if they were introduced through another retcon rather than plot advancement. As it stands, though, I think they look cool. Even people in my area are split on whether or not they are a good idea or not. I seriously doubt that the current marines will be invalidated, which is what I think a lot of people are worried about. This is GW we’re talking about, though. Is it really in their nature to invalidate Space Marines? It’s a weird situation GW’s in. If they do something wrong, people will jump on the hate bandwagon, and wonder why they didn’t do it right. If they do something right, people will call anyone who gives them credit a sellout. I can’t wait until more people actually start recognizing that the Dark Age of Kirby is behind us.

At any rate, I plan to pick up some Primaris Marines with my 8th Edition pre-order. Can’t wait to see the final models for them!

4. Cephalobeard May 19, 2017 3:50 pm #

I love the Primaris Marines. I will ask, though, did you guys get to play test those? I cannot wait to receive an unabridged opinion on them, because I want to make Lias Issodon and the raptors with those sexy new boots.

5. Diavlo May 20, 2017 4:17 am #

I don’t have a problem with true scale marines, i have a problem with the fluff bending.
    They should say, ok we have created truescale marines you can exchange them or play with what you have, instead of bending fluff in such a shallow way.

6. Diavlo May 20, 2017 4:29 am #

40k is not a story its a setting for good stories, as is it shouldn’t be progressed.

7. Diavlo May 20, 2017 4:33 am #

The most interesting thing in 40k setting was fact that there were no good guys. If that changes then 40k won’t be any different from other generic scifi.

8. Biasco May 20, 2017 7:18 am #

The articles are great as is your input. Keep up the good work. I have 5 multi-thousand point armies on a shelf. Haven`t played them in forever. Everything I`ve read has me so excited to play again. I ran many a 40K tourney and stopped due to sprawl and rule abuse. There are now NO tournies in my area. 8th will change that!! I have yet to read an update or new rule I didn’t like. You guys are awesome for the hobby!

Reecius May 20, 2017 9:11 am #

Welcome back! And thank you very much for the kind words.

9. GAZNZ May 20, 2017 12:26 pm #

Thanks for being straight up about rescaling
    Essentially Marines are being upscaled
    I said to members of our gaming club this was going to happen over time.
    I said GW was going to sneak this in as what appears a special unit but it will expand from there
    GWs there to make money – its listed on the sharemarket lol
    So reselling marines is the best way to to this

Im in New Zealand and we pay double if not triple for 40k products
    So alot of people are not happy already with being ripped off and now its saying to marine players
    You will need to rescale and rebuy lol

Alot of us play Horus Heresy also so is Forge World going to rescale?
    People have investes quite alot of money into the game

Its rather confusing and expensive

Your not sell outs – just bearers of the word 😉
    Thanks for the cast

I also play Dark Eldar and im looking forward to there new style of play
    Alot of negative comments on the Dark Eldar Forums
    But i said they cannot comment until all rules are out on the forum
    People were getting huge arguments over the entire armys performance over the 3 unit comments made on the 40k site
    Its silly
    In saying that GWs marketing strategy is to rark everyone up over social media with these hyping the game
    So it is what it is until full release comes out

The games totally changed

10. David Hayden May 20, 2017 10:15 pm #

My only gripe about Primaris Marines is I’d rather have Sisters or a completely new faction first. But I totally get the economics of it from GW’s point of view. And I think they look awesome, and I’m stoked for the people who are stoked about them.

11. vachones May 21, 2017 5:07 pm #

Someday soon, on some glorious future release day, you won’t have to keep apologizing for having to stay quiet about New 40k 🙂