Signals from the Frontline #526: Newhammer Confirmed!

526 thumbnail

Join us for the live show on our Twitch channel by following this link! The show starts at 11am, PST.

Show Notes

Date: 4-24-17

Intro

• Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, and YouTube!  Join our Forums, too! If you would like to be a guest on the show, email Reece at Contact@FrontlineGaming.org
  • We sell tabletop games and supplies at 20% off! Hit us up for your next gaming order at Orders@FrontlineGaming.org or visit our webstore at FrontlineGaming.org.
  • You think Reecius’ T-Shirts are cool? Buy yours, here!

News

• Got a lot of work done on my Free Peoples, thanks to the FLG Paint Studio for helping out. Getting ready for Broadside Bash!
20170424_104827

W.I.P. General!

20170424_104815

Free Peoples!!!

• Remember to mark your calendars! The SoCal Open is on the way and will be an awesome event! Registration opens May 1st.

Socal Open

Upcoming ITC Events

ITC1

Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from  any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.

Rant Session

Tactics Corner

Rules Lawyer

Completed Commissions

List Review

28 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline #526: Newhammer Confirmed!”

1. Cephalobeard April 24, 2017 11:09 am #

*quiet chanting* Destiny dice for 8th, destiny dice for 8th!

I’m also super curious if the “Screamer Star” will survive, considering unlike other stars it contains all the same keywords. Oh baby. So excited!

Reecius April 24, 2017 12:11 pm #

It is a good time to get excited about 40k!

• WestRider April 24, 2017 4:27 pm #

I suspect that the Keyword thing will most break up the various Superfriends DeathStars. The single-Faction ones will probably get handled by individual Model/Unit/Power changes.

• Anon April 24, 2017 6:13 pm #

I sincerely doubt 2++ rerolling 1s would survive even the most basic playtesting.

• Cephalobeard April 25, 2017 5:10 am #

Forgive me, didn’t mean to imply it would nearly as insane. Just meant to imply they share a keyword and can likely do something similar, as a result of that.

Again, not as crazy has 2++/Rerolling 1s.

• abusepuppy April 25, 2017 6:42 am #

You would think so, and then they went ahead and wrote the Daemons codex anyways.

You wouldn’t think that the Wraithknight, or Scat Bikes, or Battle Company, or Ordnance Tyrant, or Split/Split Again, or a lot of things would survive even the most trivial of scrutiny, but guess what, GW likes to “surprise” us.

• Cephalobeard April 25, 2017 8:49 am #

Exciting times. If you and I are able to agree perhaps we’re truly at the Dawn of a new age!

😉

I have hope, and can’t wait to learn more.

2. Lockinfinity April 24, 2017 11:21 am #

Holy Bajebus! Listened to the GW video. Man this is going to be a good year for 40k. Basically all the reasons I like AoS right now. Getting new rules for every unit is awesome as well. Hopefully my dark eldar will be competitive again. And My God if the Khorne Lord of Skulls is the most OP unit ill be super happy.

Reecius April 24, 2017 12:11 pm #

Yes, we are very excited for the future, glad you are, too!

3. Ytook April 24, 2017 12:54 pm #

Super excited for 40K 8th, it’s sounding almost spookily​ like exactly what I want. Man GW have done such a turn around over the last couple of years.

That Facebook video was really good, also awesome to hear you guys have been doing loads of work on it to!

Reecius April 24, 2017 1:44 pm #

It is a good time to be a 40k enthusiast =)

• David Alastair Hayden April 24, 2017 2:53 pm #

I had a hunch you guys were involved in play testing with an NDA so you couldn’t say it.

I was excited before the video. Even more excited now.

Reecius April 24, 2017 3:07 pm #

Thank you for the vote of confidence!

4. Anggul April 24, 2017 1:49 pm #

Soooooo muuuuuuuuch hyyyyyyyype!

It sounds great.

The fact that they’re putting out all of the factions at once is especially nice, I can’t wait to get my beloved Tyranids back on the battlefield again.

Reecius April 24, 2017 2:14 pm #

Glad to hear the excitement!

• Anggul April 24, 2017 3:55 pm #

I’ve been loving hearing about the work you and others have been doing with GW, you have my full confidence for your input into the game

Also I love your banner General, it’s such a cool kit

Reecius April 24, 2017 6:10 pm #

Thanks on both counts! It has been such a pleasure working with GW, never thought it would happen but here we are. And the Freeguild General with Banner is a chief! I love that model, he’s so good.

5. FrankieShort April 24, 2017 3:50 pm #

You kept that secret along time guys, I am really happy they brought frontline in particular into the testing process. That makes me feel even more confident in the future of the game. Thanks for all your hard work and Inquisition enforced secrecy!

Reecius April 24, 2017 6:38 pm #

Thanks! And yes, it was a challenge to keep our mouths shut but it will all be worth it, soon.

6. Benjamin Smith April 24, 2017 8:08 pm #

Good to hear you enjoyed seeing the development side of things. I don’t think you guys actually mentioned what you thought about it though. You didn’t play the final product but how would you rate it next to AoS on a fun scale of one to ten?

7. Grunt April 24, 2017 8:25 pm #

Hmm, what to do with 50 Fenrisian wolves now!!

• Michael Corr
      Michael Corr April 25, 2017 8:07 am #

Keep them. I’m sure in 4-5 editions time they will be useful again.

8. Horton April 25, 2017 2:57 am #

I cannot express how excited I am about 8th. Thank you so much for your efforts to make these changes happen!

Reecius April 25, 2017 7:28 am #

Glad you’re stoked! We’re happy to help in our small way and so thankful we got the chance to do so!

9. Michael Corr
    Michael Corr April 25, 2017 4:40 am #

Awesome work guys! Very exciting times ahead.

10. Alex D April 26, 2017 6:00 pm #

Nice free peoples, or how about we call them….Freeples? I like it 😀