Chapter Tactics #23: Guilliman’s Island in Spaaaace

pablos-logo-baseline3-300x300-1

Come check out PeteyPab’s newest episode where he goes over everything in the new Gathering Storm: Rise of the Primarch book. He also shares his army list ideas for getting the most out of your shiny new blue Primarch model, and his two friends.

QOTD: What kind of lists do you see Guilliman being best utilized in?

Tournament news:

Check out Best Coast Pairings for any ITC 40k tournaments near you!

Click here for the last episode!

Click here for all of the episodes of Chapter Tactics!

itc-banner-620x250

The March Madness is almost upon us! If you would like to attend this event or get more information click here.

Also remember to download the Best Coast Pairings player’s app to check the lists of sponsored events! BCP is making it easier to see which lists are winning which tournaments. If you want a tutorial to how to view lists on the BCP app click here.

About Petey Pab

Aspiring 40k analyst, tournament reporter and Ultramarines enthusiast, Petey Pab only seeks to gather more knowledge about the game of 40k and share it with as many people as he can in order to unite both hobbyists and gamers. We are, after all, two sides of the same coin.

15 Responses to “Chapter Tactics #23: Guilliman’s Island in Spaaaace”

1. Ishagu March 11, 2017 3:13 am

I was the guest on this week’s Chapter Tactics, and would like to admit I wasn’t as prepared as I could have been in terms of really combing over the rules and thinking up solid tactics.
    Hope you guys enjoy our discussion anyway 🙂

2. Stilgar March 11, 2017 8:40 am

I’ve been scratching my head about how to make Bobby G work in a list but it always comes back to his poor speed. Without investing a ton of psychic support into him, he won’t ever get into an assault on his terms.

• Peteypab March 11, 2017 12:39 pm

Yeah, I think people need to use him to his strengths. I don’t think he is meant to run at the opponent and try to get into combat. I think he is better at zoning units off of objectives.

• Stilgar March 11, 2017 12:46 pm

That’s part of the problem I think. He is definitely built for melee with the Emperor’s sword and precision strikes but he will never get there. I might try him out with a Gladius to provide his super buffs and to deter assaults on objectives. He’ll probably die to scatter lasers…lol.

• Peteypab March 11, 2017 12:52 pm

One units of scatbikes has a 2/3 chance of putting a single wound on him. If you use the Triumvirate formation the odds of killing him go down enough so that you have to shoot most of any army at him

• Stilgar March 11, 2017 12:57 pm

You haven’t seen my dice rolls. 😛

• Cephalobeard March 11, 2017 12:51 pm

I still think Lias Issodon giving him Infiltrate is cute!

• Stilgar March 11, 2017 12:58 pm

I think using Issodon is a cool idea but then you lose most of his buffing capability and he becomes purely a beat stick. That’s not terrible but you lose some of his utility.

3. AngryPanda March 11, 2017 9:10 am

I keep wondering how much of an impact this mega event could have made if they had gotten of their butts and done a reset edition with functioning rules to launch it all off.

4. Cephalobeard March 11, 2017 12:12 pm

Roughbutt Gigglemoans.

• Peteypab March 11, 2017 12:38 pm

Gigglemoan’s island is the name of the poorly scripted adult version of this podcast.

• Cephalobeard March 11, 2017 12:51 pm

Pablo, my hips are moving on their own already.

5. Stilgar March 12, 2017 10:38 am

The more I think about it, I kinda like the list you talked about in the podcast where you take the triumvirate in a pack of wolves with a conclave attached. I think it could be very durable and be able to tie things up until Bobby G can drag his butt to the fight.

6. Nick W March 21, 2017 8:48 am

Did y’all figure out if you can take Guilliman in an Oathsworn Detachment? Though it says “Must have Imperial Knight Faction”, considering Guilliman can be included in any Imperial Faction, is Guilliman legit?

• NW March 21, 2017 8:59 am

oops fast forwarded through the podcast and found where y’all talked about that