New Faction for Hordes: the Grymkin

What do you all make of this new faction?

7 Responses to “New Faction for Hordes: the Grymkin”

1. Reecius
    Reecius February 22, 2017 1:53 pm

I gotta say, I am not a fan of the look of this faction at all, it looks like it came right out of Malifaux. That’s not a bad thing on its own, Malifaux minis are cool, but it seems a bit out of place, IMO. What do you all think?

• fluger February 22, 2017 2:27 pm

I had a similar thought. Though, I DO like the hollowmen a lot. Ruleswise, they seem very strong (depending on points). Could be a cool faction to play.

Reecius February 22, 2017 2:29 pm

Yeah, I like their rules mechanics quite a bit from what I’ve seen so far. Just not feeling the look of them at all, personally.

• Dirgepiper February 22, 2017 5:07 pm

This 100%. Rules wise them see very unique and interesting. As primarily a Protectorate player, I find their fluff very interesting.
          But their model designs just dont, at least to me, feel in line with the normal warmachine ascetic.
          I like it, but it’s for the most part, too similar to me to Malifuax.
          But crunch and fluffy seems good so far.

2. islyfe February 23, 2017 10:05 am

Yeah, they straight up jacked Malifaux aesthetics and Wyrd games just did it better.

3. BigVik
    BigVik February 23, 2017 10:50 am

The model basis of these guys is the stories of the Brothers Grimm, hence Grymkin.

The faction as a whole looks to be very good at dealing with large numbers of infantry, even quality infantry, with a bit of a weakness with regards to ‘Jack and ‘Beast spam.

My favorite model by far is of course the Khador crossover, Witch 2 on a superheavy ScrapJack! She also seems to be the only ‘Lock with a proper feat.

I look forward to doing a faction overview and some army builds for these guys!

Reecius February 23, 2017 12:11 pm

I look forward to reading said review!