Las Vegas Open 40k Champs Faction Breakdown

I have the factions breakdown from the LVO 40k Champs, and plan on adding other faction breakdowns from different best coast pairings events later on. For now though, enjoy this faction breakdown and welcome in our new Eldar overlords.

Graph factions

and a breakdown without the graph, overall 400 players took to the field round 1. Yikes.

Space Marines: 42

Knights Renegades: 5

Renegades: 6

Officio Assassinorum: 2

Deathwatch: 1

Militarum Tempestus: 1

About Petey Pab

Aspiring 40k analyst, tournament reporter and Ultramarines enthusiast, Petey Pab only seeks to gather more knowledge about the game of 40k and share it with as many people as he can in order to unite both hobbyists and gamers. We are, after all, two sides of the same coin.

15 Responses to “Las Vegas Open 40k Champs Faction Breakdown”

1. CWDub February 4, 2017 4:28 pm #

Check out those solo Deathwatch and Militarum Tempestus players! Balls of steel! Any chance to talk with those guys?

• Panzer1944 February 5, 2017 10:44 am #

The Tempestus made it on the live stream on day one for the third round.

• Shane Watts February 6, 2017 1:46 pm #

I was the Deathwatch player, almost was on the stream for round 5, but my opponent hadn’t gotten to the table when Pablo came by. I’ll answer any questions you got.

• valamar February 7, 2017 10:33 pm #

Could you share your list? I’m very curious what you take and what was your impression overall 🙂

• Shane Watts February 8, 2017 6:12 pm #

Sure here’s what I took:

CAD(DW)
          Lib w/term, ML2, beacon, auspex, melta bombs
          5 vets w/2xfrag, pod
          5 vets w/2xfrag, pod
          5 vets w/5xmelta/shotgun, pod

Skyhammer(smurfs)
          5 dev w/3xgrav, pod
          5 dev w/4xmelta pod
          5 assault w/jump, 1xevis
          5 assault w/jump, 1xevis

Daemonhunter Strike Force
          10 interceptors w/2xncinerator, 2xhammer, 6xfalcion
          dreadknight w/psy, incin, sword, tele

As for my impressions, I had a really good time. I paired against psychic daemon spam twice which was one of the few armies I didn’t have a good counter to. I had been trying to work a culexus into the list, but I ran out of time to tweak it prior to LVO.

It was pretty nice earning with Best Deathwatch at LVO (with no one else showing up made it easy I suppose), as well as getting Best Deathwatch ITC.

2. Blight February 4, 2017 6:28 pm #

Any idea why Eldar had such a good showing in comparison to previous events? I know they’ve done well ever since their 6th ed codex but didn’t think they were tearing up the top tables in ITC events.
    Also does this mean that the Tau did really well too?

• CWDub February 4, 2017 6:54 pm #

“Any idea why Eldar had such a good showing in comparison to previous events?”

C’mon bro, you’re joking right 😉

• Blight February 5, 2017 2:17 am #

Actually I’m not.
        I had heard that thanks to ITC restrictions that eldar hadn’t been winning tournaments but still doing fairly well.
        Has something changed or was I misinformed?

• Sam sanchez February 5, 2017 3:41 am #

Um no the itc results are easily viewed on thier page. Eldar win a good amount even with the minor itc changes which in actuality was mostly the same as the gw FAQ. There wasn’t much they changed for eldar.

• Blight February 5, 2017 8:14 am

Thought limiting wraithknight spam was helping.

• Coblen February 6, 2017 7:17 am #

Last years LVO was Eldar v Eldar in the finals. That was with the same ITC restrictions. Eldar still do well, but meta shifts since then have been whats hurting them, not ITC restrictions.

• AngryPanda February 6, 2017 7:59 am #

Eldar are annihilating everything all the time nonstop? Have you been living under a rock? The size of Mars? 😉

3. hillshire February 6, 2017 3:58 am #

Quite a few psychic and potentially psychic armies (such as Space Marines).

Oh noble scribes of Forge World, please let there be be good 40k rules for the Sisters of Silence transport which doesn’t explode as soon as someone says “Tau”

4. Troy Graber February 6, 2017 8:14 pm #

Do we have any idea of the internal diversity? How many of those Eldar players didn’t bring a Wraithknight? How many space marines weren’t running Gladius? How many Tau lists without a Riptide wing?

• Bob February 8, 2017 1:44 am #