Hey guys welcome to my 3rd installment of our January pre-LVO interviews. Sadly, no interview today due to audio malfunctions (Warpstorms…) however I do have the results for 5 GTs in January with Statistics on what armies are doing well, and which armies are underperforming.
Chapter Tactics is a 40k podcast which focuses on promoting better tactical play and situational awareness across all variations of the game.
– Imperial Outpost Renegade GT, 36 Players, 1st Brandon Grant 5-0 (Dark Angels), 2nd Geoff Robinson 4-1 (GSC), 3rd Brett Perkins 4-1 (Renegades)
– Huzzah Hobbies Hammer in the New Year, 32 Players, 1st Matt Schuchman 5-0 (Eldar), 2nd Sean Nayden 4-1 (Tau?!), 3rd Eric Hoerger 4-1 (Demons)
– TSHFT, 62 Players, 1st Paul McKelvey 5-0-1 (Tau), 2nd Gareth Hunt 5-1 (Dark Angels), Sean Morgan 5-1 (Tau)
– Glass City Grand Tournament, 59 Players, 1st Aaron Aelong 5-0 (Dark Angels), 2nd Sean Nayden 4-0-1 (Tau), 3rd Brad Chester 4-1 (Eldar)
– Scarab 40k GT, 30 Players (This number may be wrong), Battle Points 1st Thomas Byrd (Corsairs+Eldar), 2nd Horton Doughton (CSM Rehaati War-Sect) Best Overall winner, 3rd Paul Murphy (Renegades w/Gorepack).
Armies that have at most 1 loss stats in January: It is important to note, not all of these tournaments used the missions that will be seen at the LVO, however I think this is still relevant data because a lot of these players are going to the LVO and I think this is the closest relevant information we have to determining a meta at the LVO.
Dark Angels 5
Imperial Knights 1
Chaos Daemons 6
Space Marines 3
CSM (Magnus) 3
Space Wolves 1
Thomas Oakey Interview Questions (Possibly to be listened to in the future)
– What do you expect to see at the LVO?
– What have you done to prepare yourself for the LVO?
– Is there any army you want to particularly face? Vice Versa?
– What are you bringing?
– Top 8 predictions?