The Ninth Realm Ep.10 – Battle Banter (Our Top Units)

tnr-logo-4-300x300

We went a little overboard on the self congratulation in this episode but we did get to the news and the topic of our top units.

Featuring:

Reece Robbins

russell_brand_arthur_premier

Jason Butler

silverwolf

and edited by

Mariana Vera

cute daemon

About Mariana

Self proclaimed "Swiss Army Nerd"

12 Responses to “The Ninth Realm Ep.10 – Battle Banter (Our Top Units)”

1. Thimius September 29, 2016 11:14 am #

Woo! Another ninth realm, I Can’t wait to chill out and listen to this! Favourite part of the week for sure!

Reecius September 30, 2016 1:46 pm #

Hey, that’s awesome! Glad you enjoy it, Thimius.

2. gvcolor September 29, 2016 1:07 pm #

Any word on when the rules pkg will be released for AoS at LVO.. also for 30K ??? Need time to build and paint and round out armies.

Reecius September 30, 2016 1:46 pm #

AoS rules pack is already out!

3. Blight September 30, 2016 4:54 am #

Hellcannon!
    Best shooting unit in the game. Has the slaves to darkness keyword. At full handlers and with the right command trait buffs he fires 2 shots that hit on 2s and each just do d6 mortal wounds. Has a 48″ range and ignores line of sight. Consider it. 300 points and if you roll a 1 it charges off but worth the risk.

Reecius September 30, 2016 1:46 pm #

Yeah, that thing is beast mode!

4. Requizen
    Requizen September 30, 2016 12:48 pm #

I liked this podcast. A bit more relaxed than just going through a book.

I’m ready for more AoS content, though! Our first event is later this month!

Reecius September 30, 2016 1:45 pm #

Glad you enjoyed it! And good luck at your event, let us know how it goes!

5. Gunfex September 30, 2016 8:09 pm #

Jason, unfortunately I don’t think Skarbrand can be given a command trait as a named character (see p.157 of the General’s Handbook) when playing Pitched Battles. If the ITC has a different interpretation I would be interested to hear, as Nagash with the bonus to the extra saving throw would be fun…

6. Robert W Hensell October 1, 2016 7:03 pm #

Another great podcast! And I would especially like to thank Mariana for giving me a shout out from my Instagram comment. Keep it coming guys and once again.. great job!

Reecius October 2, 2016 8:57 am #

Thanks and glad you enjoyed it!

7. DaRoyalKing October 3, 2016 8:32 am #

I was hoping if anyone could help me. I am looking to get into AOS however I have a few questions.

A little background: I stop playing 40k when 7th edition came out. I just didn’t like the direction GW was going with the rules. Then when AOS hit the selves it was pretty clear I was right about the direction of the company which was rules don’t matter anymore.

However, recently GW seems to have changed directions and have started to head back to their old ways (customer interaction, White Dwarf change, painting tutorials, FAQs, etc). These changes have peaked my interest in their games. Looking to get back into 40k with the Genestealer cult codex however doing some research it still seems the game is a giant mess for competitive play (IMO) but reading on AOS it seems like a solid game with the update of the Generals Handbook.

My questions is how much of a competitive game is AOS? Does it feel balanced and are the rules written well? Again, coming from just playing 40k for 15 years I am looking for a game closer to 5th edition 40k were both side of the table are just pulling models off the tables and less about breaking the rules to create a unfun list to play against (if that makes sense).