(New Format) AoS Short Form Battle Report Nurgle vs Tzeentch

Hey this is a new format we are trying out, kind of an experiment that became a battle report. Let us know if you like it! Check the Tactics Corner for more great video bat reps.

Home Page:
Facebook:
Twitter:

10 Responses to “(New Format) AoS Short Form Battle Report Nurgle vs Tzeentch”

1. Duz_ September 27, 2016 11:12 am

I’m not an AOS player but really liked the format and production quality! Particularly the time lapse of the player turns followed by a narrative description of events.
    when will we see 40k ones like this? 🙂

• Jason
      Jason September 27, 2016 2:53 pm

The first with the new format in 40k will be out next week.

• Duz_ September 27, 2016 6:41 pm

Great looking forward to it!

2. vachones September 27, 2016 6:01 pm

Awesome job, really like the overhead camera and the dice rolls for initiative. Since you asked for some feedback, here are some suggestions (feel free to ignore if you like). Use footer at the bottom of the screen to keep a tally of the victory points and update as they are scored. You can also use this space for turn number, current player turn, etc. Think an NFL game. Also, it would be really cool to have the players briefly narrate their strategies for each turn during the start when the overhead camera shows them moving models. Why are their plans, why are they moving where they are moving and what do they plan on attacking? For narrative games, I love the story being told, but for battle reports just a bit more on what the players were thinking would be gold. Keep up the good work!

3. owlbutts September 27, 2016 6:01 pm

I dig the visuals with the speed up for the movement, but the play by play is pretty dry.

Reecius September 28, 2016 9:00 am

WHAt would spice it up in your opinion?

4. homeskillet September 27, 2016 6:17 pm

Great game, fellas! I played my first AoS game this weekend, and had the exact situation; I pounded the snot out of my opponent, but he played the mission well and won on points with only Skulltaker and what I am now calling his “Re-rollable Cape of Bullshit” left. It’s good to know the missions are important, and it’s not just “kill your opponent and make him cry”.

5. Thomas September 28, 2016 3:11 am

I really like the new format. the comibination of time-lapse, dice rolls and explained bit is very good. I found the time-lapse parts rather quite though, maybe add voice over where the player explains why they are moving their units the way they do.

Reecius September 28, 2016 9:01 am

Good suggestion.

6. Blight September 28, 2016 10:45 am

I don’t think there are rules for auto loss when you no longer have models so if you play to the mission you can still win, like in malifaux.