Hobby: WIP Wednesday in The Studio

Today on WIPwednesday the guys are working on their AoS armies and we have some Dark Angels!

Here are the newest additions in the office this week. We have Frankie’s Stardrake with Dracothian guard and Reece’s Sylvaneth army (Alarielle and friends) are built.

P1040467

P1040468

Also check out the newest commission about to be sent out of our Paint studio.

Dark Angels

Painted by Brandon

P1040469

P1040470

P1040472

P1040473

About Mariana

Self proclaimed "Swiss Army Nerd"

12 Responses to “Hobby: WIP Wednesday in The Studio”

1. Adam
    Adam (TheDiceAbide & RUMBL) August 3, 2016 3:10 pm #

Man, that Stardrake is such an epic model, almost made me go Order… almost…

Instead I’ll be krumpin’ ya wif Ironjawz and Beastclaw Raiders!

2. Heldericht August 3, 2016 4:30 pm #

Them AoS models… need to find a way to use them in 40k.

Would love to see a Tuesday night fight with the fully painted AoS models once you guys are done.

• AngryPanda August 3, 2016 7:39 pm #

Dragon Riders should be in 40k anyway so lots of options for that. These super heaviuly armored riders might actualy be appropraite to represent that new uttelry immortal Iron Hands Command Squad.

• Heldericht August 4, 2016 8:19 am #

Thats a pretty good idea, I’ll look into that.

• The Mediocre Gamer
      mediocre Gamer August 3, 2016 8:21 pm #

Or you could just come to the dark side and join AoS 🙂

• Dunmer August 3, 2016 10:10 pm #

You could always use the dragon in a salamander army. Would look so badass and would suit the fluff a little.

• AngryPanda August 4, 2016 6:24 am #

Definatly. Had the idea of dragon riding salamanders in my head for ages but never got arround to it.

• AngryPanda August 4, 2016 6:25 am #

I don’t even have a comeback to that. That not-game GW specificaly made for people in their minds who aren’t gamers is simply not an option.

• Ytook August 5, 2016 12:12 pm #

I dunno, I think 40K still has some merit to it.

(That’s the best I could think of, I do apologise 😛 )

• Heldericht August 5, 2016 10:01 am #

Haha, I’m interested, but I’m quite invested in 40k at the moment and don’t want to branch out too much. I want to see how the scene develops before plunging in. With the pace that GW is coming out with new models and battletomes for AoS, I’d rather let the dust settle and pick what I like instead of being too impulsive.

I’m glad it’s growing though, really great models, and GW doing well means 40k will do well.

3. Dunmer August 3, 2016 10:12 pm #

Also how did you do the plasma? Was just many layers of whites?

I am wondering because my dark angels army that I need to paint is a plasma spam, inclduing pistols. I know they suck for the cost but I have a theme in mind.

4. Requizen
    Requizen August 4, 2016 5:55 am #

I just put together my own Dracothian Guard, though I went with Fulminators. Will probably make my second unit Concussors, though. They’re all pretty point-heavy, but damn are they strong. Can’t wait to see mine in action tonight!

That Stardrake looks sick! Can’t wait to see it painted.