- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, and YouTube! Join our Forums, too! If you would like to be a guest on the show, email Reece at Contact@FrontlineGaming.org
- We sell tabletop games and supplies at 20% off! Hit us up for your next gaming order at Orders@FrontlineGaming.org or visit our webstore at FrontlineGaming.org.
- You think Reecius’ T-Shirts are cool? Buy yours, here!
- Do not hesitate on LVO tickets, they are selling so quickly.
- Room block is 40% full.
- Both AoS events are filling up, quickly.
- Only 14 spots left in the 30k mega battle, 30k tournament over 60% full.
- 40k Champs WELL into the 300’s, we’ve sold more tickets already than we sold for the 2016 event. We will sell at a minimum 350 tickets depending on how other events sell, so, we may only had a dozen or so tickets left. At the most, we’ll have 50 or so tickets, left.
- Only 10 40k Apoc tickets left.
- Be sure to take advantage of the sales we have going on!
- Buy 2, get 1 FREE for the new ITC Terrain: Urban Compact Building.
- We’ve also got a big sale going for the Betrayal at Calth new miniatures! Buy Betrayal at Calth and another Horus Heresy plastic kit, get 25% off MSRP and FREE shipping! This offer is only while supplies last.
- And the biggest sale of them all! We’ve never done this before, but we need to make room in our Warehouse and so we’re having a F.A.T. Mat sale of epic proportions! We’ve offering your a buy 2, get 1 FREE special offer on select mats. Here’s how it works, buy any two F.A.T. Mats of your choice, and get 1 of 4 F.A.T. Mats we’re including in this sale, for FREE! We’ve got Urban Zone, Industrial, Spaceship Interior and High-Tech City 4×6′. Go to the North American Web-Cart, put the three mats you want into the cart (one of which must be from the list of 4 mats above) and enter in one of the 4 promo codes below to trigger the discount and you’re good to go! We’ve never done this before, may never do it again. So, if you and some friends have had an eye on a F.A.T. Mat, now is the time to grab one!
- This is a limited time offer, only available in the North American Web-Cart, only while supplies last.
- Each promo code can only be applied once per transaction, so if you want to grab 4 mats and 2 free for example, you’d have to initiate two separate transactions.
- Promo Codes:
Ship InteriorHi Tech CityUrban Zone
- Got a chance to check out the new AoS General’s Handbook and it looks fantastic. This is really going to kick the game into high gear. Also, there are some new Start Collecting boxes for AoS on the way and they’re great deals. Also, new Scenic bases for AoS! Check those lovely bases out.
Upcoming ITC Events
- Warhammer 40k ITC Tournament, San Antonio, TX, July 23rd, 2016
- GT: Red Rock Exterminatus, Game Haven, St George, UT, July 23rd, 2016
- Warhammer 40k ITC event, Willow Springs, Mi, July 23rd, 2016
- MAJOR EVENT: ATC, Camp Jordan Arena East Ridge, TN, July 23-24th, 2016
- GT: The North West Open, Southport, UK, July 23-24th, 2016
- GT: Druzynowe Mistrzostwa Sląska, Czyzowice, July 23-24th, 2106
- Contest of Champions July, Great Escape Games, Sacramento, CA, July 23rd, 2016
- Red Rock Exterminatus, St. George, UT, July 23rd, 2016
- GT:The Slobberknocker GT, Oklahoma City, OK , July 22-24th, 2016
Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.
GW’s flagship game has been rather quiet in recent months and AOS has been stealing the headlines in the meantime. I’m here to tell you that 40k is coming back in a big way.
-This year we’re going to see the start of something called “The time of Ending!” Games Workshop is going to advance the storyline.
-You’ve all heard the rumors of plastic Deamon Primarchs. I’m here to tell you they aren’t the only ones. Before Christmas this year we’re going to see the release of some loyalists as well.
-ROGAL DORN is going to be the first loyalist release. This is going to be a plastic kit specifically designed for 40k. He’ll be missing one of his hands, in it’s place will be a ranged weapon of some kind (this detail was quite sketchy however)
-Other Loyalists will also be returning eventually. Guilliman will be fully healed alongside some other surprises.
Here’s a big development: Some of the Primarchs will return to lead forces OTHER than their original Legions/Chapters, and will have different allegiances.
-Alpharius (or Omegon?) will be fighting against the forces of Chaos, whilst the Khan might return to battle the Imperium! (These details were sketchy and I believe these might just be examples)
-The plastic Primarchs will be specifically for 40k with different sets of rules, looks and wargear ALTHOUGH there might be overlap with some of the existing FW models.
-Magnus and Angron from the traitor side initially, followed by Perturabo. Angron is going to be a really big, imposing model
-Horus Heresy second boardgame will be released around November this year. People should be excited about this!
-Plastic Warhound will not be released this year.
-Warhammer 40k 8th edition will have 2 tiers of game. A streamlined version and more advanced play. Also free downloads for rules in the same way as AoS will start this year following the next campaign book. This will not be for all of the rules however.
-The time of Ending will lead into 8th edition which is out next year.
I have been following FLG for quite some time and I really enjoy all your work!
I would like to have some feedback on the following list. I haven’t seen a lot of WCSF lists or they are Blackmane or Iron Wolves and always the same. I tend to find the standard GreatPack more flexible (less taxes).
It is not really dedicated for a tournament or any special events. Just an all-comer/pick-up game type of list.
SW – WCSF Great Pack
WGBL TW mount (50), Power Fist (25), Storm Shield (15), Runic Armor (25) 165
Grey Hunters (5) Plasma Gun (15) 85
Grey Hunters (5) Plasma Gun (15) incl. Wolf Guard: Combi-Plasma (10) 105
Grey Hunters (5) Melta Gun (10) incl. Wolf Guard: Combi-Melta (10) 100
Drop Pod 35
Blood Claws (5) Power Axe (15), Flamer (5) 80
Long Fangs (3) Missile Launchers with Flakk Missiles(15+10) x2 95
SW – WCSF Wulfkin
Fenrisan Wolves (5) incl. Cyberwolf x1 (10) 50
Fenrisan Wolves (5) incl. Cyberwolf x1 (10) 50
SW – WCSF Wyrdstorm Brotherhood
Rune Priest Runic Armor (25), ML 2 (25), Runic Axe (0), Bike (20), Helm of Durfast (20) 150
Rune Priest Russ Armor (35), ML 2 (25), Runic Axe (0), Bike (20), MB (5) 145
Rune Priest Runic Armor (25), ML 2 (25), Runic Sword (0), Bike (20), MB (5) 135
Rune Priest Runic Armor (25), ML1 (0), Runic Axe (0) 85
SW – Champion of Fenris
HQ1: Iron Priest TW mount (50), Tempest Hammer (5) 130
HQ2: Iron Priest TW mount (50), Tempest Hammer (5) 130
EL1: Scouts (5) Camo (2) x5, Snipers (1) x5 85
EL2: Scouts (5) Camo (2) x5, Snipers (1) x5 85
The idea of the list is to have maximum flexibility, with the capability to put a deathstar unit by:
– Wolfkin detachment making 1 unit joined by the rune priests bikers and the 3 thunderwolves. It will grand the unit a toughness of 5 and major save of 6+ (looking at those pesky grav. weapons). With monster hunter as a bonus.
– The RPs will go for Endurance and/or Forewarning and other buffs whilst I can still use the 5D6 – S7 shots with ignores cover + re-roll fails to hit (thanks to the helm).
Or, if needed I can create 2 mini DS units with keeping the fenrisan wolves as 2 units (if I need to go after multiple threats – MSU type of army).
The long fangs, I’ve been thinking about that unit build – it is only 2 S8 shots or S7 Skyfire shots to target flyers or FMC and small vehicules (rhinos & co). But hiding them in the rhino whilst still being able to shot both weapons will keep them “safe” compared to a stronger unit (even in ruins they’re likely to die).
(Point difference to get a 5 Long Fangs units is only 5 points though, not difficult to switch back to a more standard setup.)
The last RP can join the long fangs if he gets perfect timing or any other units in a Rhino bringing another source of Prescience.
Only question is if the counter charge rule will work with the Iron Priest joining a unit from the WCSF… But that can be sorted out before the game… Still it will be a nice ‘plus’.
There is no ‘Hit and Run’ for the DS which is not great. The Overkill release with the White Scar character might be a cheap source for it as a 3rd detachment? Not sure if this is possible…
PS: Hope my email is readable … as a French living in London I tend to have a terrible writing style … and butcher the English grammar…