We’re Launching A New Podcast: The 9th Realm!

TNR Logo 4

FIRST EPISODE DEBUTS JULY 6th! Hey Guys! I get to do the honors of announcing our new AoS Podcast! We are super excited about branching out and bringing you more content!

In comments below feel free to write suggestions on what we should have called it, because ended up vetoing about 5 of Jason’s “hilarious ideas” And we’d love to hear what the community comes up with!

Your hosts will be:

Our Fearless Leader: Reece “Reecius” Robbins

reece podcast picture

The Dark Horse: Jason “PJ Sleeze” Butler

jason podcast picture

With:

Tactics, news, Special Guests, and of course:

Comedy Gold

Edited and joined by: Mariana “Battle Giraffe”

giraffe mariana

The 9th Realm: An Age of Sigmar Podcast

About Mariana

Self proclaimed "Swiss Army Nerd"

47 Responses to “We’re Launching A New Podcast: The 9th Realm!”

1. StayThirsty June 29, 2016 4:02 pm

That’s great news guys! I have been following your podcast for years now, and just started to get into AOS. There are a bunch of AoS podcasts, but none of which are the quality that you guys put out (plus 5 hours for a cast is way too long). I love how you all focus on the meta, strong units and tactics, all of which are missing from AOS podcasts. So I do t care what it’s called, I will immediately 5 star review it.

Reecius June 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Awesome! Thanks so much =)

We hope it is up to snuff for you, we had a lot of fun recording the first episode.

• Blight1 June 29, 2016 6:20 pm

Hoping to get people interested in my local group. Really look forward to more AoS content.
        Now can one of you guys start up an ironjaws army?
        They sold me on the whole line.

Reecius June 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Pablo and I have both been very tempted by those iron jawz! They look so awesome

• Maleren June 30, 2016 9:52 am

I’ve been slowing moving into AOS and iron jawz is the army I went with. I love them, lack of shooting does hurt some tho.

Reecius June 30, 2016 10:02 am

Yeah, the models are amazing! You need some shooting in AoS though, to stay competitive, or REALLY fast units to attack the other player’s shooting units. Otherwise you get blasted to ribbons. The melee armies in our league so far have gotten pummeled unless they had a mega strong unit, like Brandon’s Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon.

• Blight1 June 30, 2016 7:55 pm

Well the new destruction ability to run and charge could be enough. If not then you can always throw in some destruction shooting units. Sad it won’t be pure ironjaws but what can you do if you want good shooting?

Reecius June 30, 2016 9:06 pm

Yeah, agreed. You really do need either shooting or the ability to get into melee with a quickness.

2. Adam
    Adam (TheDiceAbide.com) June 29, 2016 10:06 pm

Ugh those new Sylvaneth are breaking down my defenses!

Reecius June 30, 2016 8:13 am

Right?1 They’re amazing!

• chrisloomis13 June 30, 2016 2:57 pm

^^ same

Reecius June 30, 2016 11:46 pm

I’ve been drooling over them! Auto purchases for me as I already play the faction.

3. 21st_Primarch June 29, 2016 10:18 pm

This is exciting! I’m not a tournament player but I love tactics conversations. List building for me in AoS is a friendly aspect of the game. When the armies are well balanced against each other the competition is fierce when the dice start rolling. Just a suggestion, include all aspects of the game, open, matched, campaigns, all of it. Points will begin a shift in AoS, units will be less desirable then before in some cases in matched play. But when you play open, it doesn’t mean you are a casual who doesn’t know how to play. In my case I am just as competitive in the game, I just don’t try to bring a bigger hammer to win, I want to win with tactics and out maneuvering my opponent. In short AoS is a sandbox game, I’m not presuming you are only going to cover a portion, I just recommend including as much as possible to maximize your audience. There are some podcasts out there already, and I do tire of listening to them because they tend to only focus on one aspect of the game. 40k is just as vast as AoS in terms of ways to play, but the community only focused on one way generally ( stretch adherence to points and ignoring the merits of allowing your opponent to take more stuff to compensate for power level issues), but AoS is so new that there are many people playing different ways. I can’t wait to see your take on it. Sorry for the huge message, looking forward to the podcast!

• gvcolor June 30, 2016 9:26 am

Agree on this – it gets old when all the discussions/articles/bat-reps for a game come down to points efficiency and tournament play. AoS has some interesting Battle Plans just as 40K has a numerous Missions tucked away in different books that would be refreshing to see and fun to see played out.

Reecius June 30, 2016 10:45 am

Thanks for the feedback!

4. Thomas Whisenhunt June 29, 2016 11:04 pm

Excellent news!
    I look forward to subscribing….when does the first episode arrive?

You may want to reach out to Carl of The IC’s. He hasn’t “outed” himself as an AoS player yet….
    maybe his big reveal can take place on your new podcast????

Reecius June 30, 2016 11:59 am

The first episode will hit iTunes, Thursday!

5. gvcolor June 29, 2016 11:14 pm

Cool – look forward to this guys!

Reecius June 30, 2016 11:48 pm

Happy to hear you’re pumped!

6. Ytook June 30, 2016 1:58 am

Great stuff! Looking forward to it 🙂

Reecius June 30, 2016 11:48 pm

Glad to do it!

7. Ishagu June 30, 2016 4:30 am

I. AM. EXCITED.

Guys I’m thinking of making the jump into AoS, the general’s handbook is what’s swaying me.

Can’t wait for this podcast!!

Reecius June 30, 2016 12:00 pm

Yeah, I think the General’s Handbooks is going to really be a game changer for AoS.

8. Requizen
    Requizen June 30, 2016 6:06 am

I’ve not played any AoS yet. Has the tournament community come around to it now that GW has admitted they’re fixing it? Or is it still more of a drinking night game?

Reecius June 30, 2016 10:49 am

This new General’s Handbook is going to usher in a tournament scene for the game!

• chrisloomis13 June 30, 2016 3:00 pm

The new handbook has definitely helped me come around to it, that and I miss fantasy.

Reecius June 30, 2016 11:47 pm

We’re pumped on it! Everyone in the studio has been enjoying it a great deal.

9. Jughead June 30, 2016 7:01 am

Great news…cant wait. Archaon and his horde await!

Reecius June 30, 2016 10:48 am

Going to be a blast!

10. Maleren June 30, 2016 9:51 am

Will this also be posted on YouTube like the other podcast?

Reecius June 30, 2016 10:00 am

Possibly in time. We’re starting out purely audio for now unless enough folks want it to be on YouTube as well.

11. Anvil
    Anvil June 30, 2016 9:52 am

I’m really looking forward to it!

Reecius June 30, 2016 10:01 am

We’ll have to have you join us as a guest at some point, buddy!

• Anvil
        Anvil June 30, 2016 12:58 pm

Sure thing! Will be more than happy to! Btw, I’m going to playtest that General’s Handbook tomorrow to see how it is. Looking forward on reporting about it.

Reecius June 30, 2016 1:15 pm

Yeah, can’t wait to read the report.

12. chrisloomis13 June 30, 2016 3:06 pm

Can’t think of a good name, Realmgate to the Frontline? meh, makes no difference now.

The other reason AoS has become appealing is after a life forced break away from the table, coming back, other games are friggin complicated and there is just a lot to remember. The simplicity of warscrolls appeals to me, though I am a bit afraid this will be lost over time as those keywords represent these synergies to remember.

Reecius June 30, 2016 7:31 pm

So for it’s been pretty easy to get into it, the depth comes in the combos and movement phases.

13. The Mediocre Gamer
    mediocre Gamer June 30, 2016 7:09 pm

Really excited to hear this news. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed AoS, and I see it on only an upwards trajectory. The models are exceptional, the game system is surprisingly rich in tactical options, and the general’s compendium I think will explode the game in popularity. I look forward to DL’ing your podcast regularly.

Reecius June 30, 2016 7:32 pm

Glad to hear it!

14. Eldarain July 2, 2016 11:21 am

Will this be available on Android podcast networks? (Not showing up on Pocketcasts searches despite Signals being there)

Cheers

Reecius July 5, 2016 8:56 am

The first episode has yet to air, my friend =) Going up on Thursday.

• Eldarain July 5, 2016 9:54 am

Well that explains that then. Can’t wait. Another podcast to listen to as the great rebasing continues in anticipation of the Narrative Mega Battle at the LVO!

Reecius July 5, 2016 10:54 am

Awesome! Glad you’re enjoying AoS as we are.

• Eldarain July 5, 2016 1:11 pm

You must be incredibly happy with the new Sylvaneth. Trying desperately to stay focused on Chaos and my Night Gobbos… But those damn kits are sooo nice.

Reecius July 5, 2016 1:17 pm

Oh, yeah…hell yeah! SOOOOOOOOO good! I already ordered one of each =P

15. Anggul July 7, 2016 8:17 am

Nice!

Definitely going to be downloading this.

Garagehammer is another great AoS podcast (used to be WHFB) and it really got me hyped for AoS. Well worth a listen and maybe you guys could contact Dave and get him on the show? You both do my most listened-to podcasts.

Reecius July 7, 2016 8:31 am

Awesome, glad you’re looking forward to it! And yeah, we can reach out to them, sound like cool dudes.