Breaking News! GW releases FAQ for Imperium

News

GW just released an FAQ for Sisters of Battle, Assassins, Militarum Tempestus, and the controversial Inquisition codex! Come on in to discuss the changes!

Battle_Sisters_by_Orange9714

You can read about the changes here looks like they finally decided to give us a Sisters of Battle update. It’s nice to see they haven’t completely abandoned the faction. What do you guys think of the FAQ? Remember these changes are just a rough draft, and the ITC does not have an official position on any of the FAQs released by GW.

About Petey Pab

Aspiring 40k analyst, tournament reporter and Ultramarines enthusiast, Petey Pab only seeks to gather more knowledge about the game of 40k and share it with as many people as he can in order to unite both hobbyists and gamers. We are, after all, two sides of the same coin.

38 Responses to “Breaking News! GW releases FAQ for Imperium”

1. wintertalon May 18, 2016 12:47 pm #

Your going to see sister as allies as a counter to Conclave. Can’t hind in those big death stars anymore. lol

Reecius May 18, 2016 12:57 pm #

Good! I dig that.

• BBF May 18, 2016 4:00 pm #

Cullexus got a taste of the nerf bat.

• Threllen May 19, 2016 8:00 am #

Well the BRB FAQ already cleared up the auras and transports, so that was to be expected. At least his harness on 6+ takes precedence over everyone else’s modifiers. So that’s a nice boon.

• AngryPanda May 18, 2016 12:57 pm #

Who exactly can take those anti psi boltguns in the Sisters book? And the next question I guess is can you actualy hit deathstars? They tend to fly in your face way too fast and be invisible the rest of the time don’t they?

• wintertalon May 18, 2016 1:40 pm #

If they go first maybe.

Having sisters as a new counter will be great.

Now hopefully they will fix Shadows in the Warp for Tyranids making it able to stop Powers from being used at all. Now it is a joke, easily the most forgotten rule with Tyranids.

Hopeful we can vote on how to limit the Conclave in the upcoming vote. its way to broken.

I understand the sergeants and Char can take them. Don’t know how many shots they are.

• David May 18, 2016 5:14 pm #

They’re combi-weapons, so one anti-psyker shot and that’s it. The Canoness and all the sergeants can take it for 10 points each. So don’t miss.

• Dakkath May 18, 2016 5:18 pm

The priests can too, but it’s probably best on battle sisters sergeants since their AoF gives preferred enemy

• grendal1989 May 20, 2016 9:04 am #

Any member of a Sororitas Command Squad can purchase one as a combiweapon as well as Sister Superiors, Cannoness and priests.

2. Interrogator_Chaplain May 18, 2016 1:05 pm #

It’s a good day for the Culexus Assassin.

• Nightman May 18, 2016 1:09 pm #

How so?

• Interrogator_Chaplain May 18, 2016 1:27 pm #

The clarifications on the FAQ make it bulletproof to argue against certain modifiers and bonus’s like the Seer Council do not apply against the Psychic Abomination rule. Eliminates a lot of hassle.

3. Mark May 18, 2016 1:35 pm #

Loosened up the wording on the Psi-Shock rule. It can now reasonably be used as a counter to psyker armies.

Reecius May 18, 2016 2:50 pm #

Which is nothing but positive, IMO.

• Nathan Fluger May 18, 2016 3:34 pm #

Filthy Heretics, all of ’em!

4. Puck May 18, 2016 3:25 pm #

Say goodbye to any list that had a Culexus flying around in Vendettas or Stormravens, negating psychic powers. Now he is on foot to do that, and vulnerable.

Reecius May 18, 2016 3:46 pm #

You can still put him in a Rhino, where he is best served in my experience.

• tag8833 May 18, 2016 3:51 pm #

He just doesn’t do anything until he gets out of the rhino which is the big nerf.

• Sanchezsam2 May 19, 2016 5:01 am #

He should still be able to work in open top vehicles, right?

• AbusePuppy May 19, 2016 5:13 am

No. Open-topped is only relevant for models that are making shooting attacks out of the vehicle or models charging when disembarking- the change to the way that auras work is just a flat “not from vehicles” restriction.

• Toranaga May 18, 2016 5:13 pm #

Which was one of the most ridiculous things ever, from a narrative standpoint. “I’m a soulless shadowy ninja assassin – now give me your clunky tank/noisy VTOL so I can accomplish my mission while giving up my position from miles away!”

• BBF May 18, 2016 5:52 pm #

It probably won’t even be to start the game deployed in an allied transport anymore. This is good for the game because it provides better balance for Imperial battle brother combination and to me shows they want to curb the game back some.

5. Dakkath May 18, 2016 3:59 pm #

So, apparently immolators have a fire point now.

• Vonvilkee May 18, 2016 6:13 pm #

They have always, it just didn’t say how many models could use it…

• Vonvilkee May 18, 2016 6:31 pm #

So read the comments… My codex (which doesn’t auto update…) listed one fire point for the immolator but not how many models could use it. GW must have updated and took it away instead of saying one model (Shrugs). Teach me to post before full review…

6. Scotyknows May 18, 2016 8:35 pm #

link or it didnt happen

7. Scotyknows May 18, 2016 8:36 pm #

nvm im drunk

8. Brian May 18, 2016 9:26 pm #

I am very happy with this, the psi shock rule for the sister’s was my one question I got to ask. I’ve been hoping ever since the grey knight codex came out that they would fix ours condemnor boltguns to match their grenade rule.

9. bogalubov May 19, 2016 7:34 am #

The condemnor bolt gun can be grabbed by the inquisition codex as well. Inquisitors can load up on it and you could take an acolyte band of 12 priests all sporting one.

I guess the problem is that you still need to hit the star with the gun. If they go invisible your chances of doing that drop quite a bit for one shot weapons. And since you can’t stuff allies into drop pods now either, good luck getting an alpha strike with the bolt gun.

• AngryPanda May 19, 2016 8:42 am #

I need to do this just once to see a psychic deathstar utterly explode..

10. Threllen May 19, 2016 8:04 am #

The FAQ acknowledgement that they still exist is nice, but Sisters really need a new codex and models. I don’t even play SoB but I’d be more than willing to wait a little longer for my Chaos dex if it meant Sisters got some love for once.

• AbusePuppy May 20, 2016 8:07 am #

I think it’s well past time to accept the fact that GW pretty clearly doesn’t give a shit about Sisters. They have invented _completely new factions_ and given them whole model ranges while Sisters still linger in the “yeah I guess we’d like to do them someday maybe unless we get distracted by a bird” category.

• Threllen May 20, 2016 12:53 pm #

I’d agree, but people had similar thoughts about ad-mech/skitarii and look what happened.

Tis a damn shame, though. It seems like Sisters would have just as much, if not more, of a fanbase than any of the newer factions they’ve added and yet they do nothing. Not to mention it would be nice to get some more updated female characters in this universe. We’ve got the fully suited Tau and a few DE/Eldar, but that’s about it. But after waiting this long for Sisters… I’m not exactly holding my breath.

• AbusePuppy May 20, 2016 2:15 pm #

Yeah, look what happened- AdMech got two codices and a dozen plastic kits and Sisters got jack.

I just can’t be optimistic about them at this point. They haven’t gotten a new model in _four full editions of the game_.

• AngryPanda May 20, 2016 2:33 pm

Since I got about a million awesome new resin Sisters on the way (who buys GW stuff anymore…) I have to agree with this. I’m not going to build up a whole new army in the slim hope GW may at some point, maybe, give them rules that may even perhaps just be only much much worse than Marines.
            The only decision left for me is which Marine book I’ll use them as counts as for.

• Dakkath May 20, 2016 11:29 pm

The lost legion of primarch Samus Aran

• Nurglitch May 27, 2016 6:11 am

Of course they haven’t, nobody buys them.

11. AngryPanda May 20, 2016 11:44 pm #

Ha! I just wanted decent stats for Sisters but if anyone complained I’d totaly go for that. Just to see people lose their shit. http://www.pointandclickbait.com/2016/04/female-space-marines-no-way/