Tuesday Night Fight: Battle Company vs. Tau Monster Bash

Hello Everyone tonight we have quite the match for you. We have Frankie’s tested Battle Company vs. a nasty Tau army. Who will come out with the W? Make sure to tune in 5:30 P.M. PST on Twitch to find out.

Space-Marines-Cover

Devastators Grav Cannon x2 5
Rhino Dozer Blade 1
Devastators Grav Cannon x2 5
Rhino Dozer Blade 1
Assassins
Callexus _ 1

As you have all seen before the White Scars Battle Company is very strong. I think the Battle Company has the tools to beat the Monster Bash. But as we’ve seen before the Tau can easily table a Battle Company.

tau.01

Vito’s List

Riptide Wing
··XV104 Riptide Battlesuits
····Riptide Shas’vre  [Early Warning Override , Ion Accelerator , Stimulant Injector , Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
··XV104 Riptide Battlesuits
····Riptide Shas’vre  [Early Warning Override , Heavy Burst Cannon, Stimulant Injector , Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
··XV104 Riptide Battlesuits

++ Tau Empire: Codex (2015) (Combined Arms Detachment)

Farsight Enclaves

+ HQ

Commander  [2x MV7 Marker Drone]

··XV8 Commander Crisis Suit  [Command and Control Node , Drone Controller , XV8-02 Crisis ‘Iridium’ Battlesuit]

+ Troops +

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits  [Bonding Knife Ritual]
··Crisis Shas’ui  [Flamer , Twin-linked Fusion Blaster ]

XV8 Crisis Battlesuits  [Bonding Knife Ritual ]
··Crisis Shas’ui  [Twin-linked Fusion Blaster ]

+ Fast Attack

Drones  [5x MV7 Marker Drone ]

+ Lord of War

KV128 Stormsurges
··KV128 Stormsurge  [Advanced Targeting System , Early Warning Override , Pulse Driver Cannon , Shield Generator , Twin-linked Flamer]

Crazy strong list as we have seen in quite a few Battle Reports. Should be a great test seeing if it can beat the Scars. This list will have a huge advantage if scoring first turn but should fair well going second as well. Lets see who comes out on top in this battle.

About White925

Frankie is the greatest 40K player on the planet. Nuff Said.

19 Responses to “Tuesday Night Fight: Battle Company vs. Tau Monster Bash”

1. The decimator May 10, 2016 2:34 pm #

Hey Frankie could you tell me where you got your alternative grav cannons? I need a load and they are EXPENSIVE. Can’t wait for tonight’s game by the way, I can actually watch it if I don’t fall asleep.

• White925 May 10, 2016 3:44 pm #

All my Grav Cannons are from the Devastator boxes.

• The decimator May 11, 2016 12:49 am #

Oh damn, I guess you’re rich. Oh well.

• abusepuppy May 10, 2016 4:55 pm #

One easy way is to use the alternate heavy weapons from the box (especially Heavy Bolters and Plasma Cannons) along with some other bits on the front to differentiate them- my personal favorite is the Necron Heavy Gauss Cannon tip.

2. Jason Wolfe May 10, 2016 2:45 pm #

Would you consider allowing some list tailoring to drop that Assassin? This isn’t a favored matchup for SM and that Assassin is total dead weight versus Tau.

• White925 May 10, 2016 3:44 pm #

Probably should have but this is my tournament list so I need practice.

3. Duh_Ruckus May 10, 2016 2:55 pm #

Huh, never noticed Frankie doesn’t use the hunters eye, thank you for not being a punk b*%}#

• White925 May 10, 2016 3:44 pm #

Yeah, havent needed it in any of my practice games.

• abusepuppy May 10, 2016 4:56 pm #

But you’re still taking an Auspex?

4. Novastar May 10, 2016 3:29 pm #

Why do you not use auspex over the hunters eye?

5. Dakkath May 10, 2016 9:12 pm #

Well Frankie’s got the right idea, using grav rhinos. Let’s hope he did it smart and went after the riptides first

• Dakkath May 10, 2016 10:31 pm #

A little mathhammer in my head goes that it takes 54 grav shots at bs4 to kill a stormsurge that has a 4++; vs ~21 bs4 grav shots to kill a riptide with fnp and only its 5++ up.

• AbusePuppy May 11, 2016 12:13 am #

I’m pretty sure your math on the Riptide is wrong. More like 16 or so.

• Dakkath May 11, 2016 2:09 am #

Admittedly, I did round up after applying fnp

5 wounds on a riptide
          7.5 wounds needed to get 5 past fnp
          here I rounded up to 8 to make it easier to calc
          12 wounds to get 8 past 5++
          14 hits wounding on 2s (I think I might have this one wrong)
          21 shots at bs 4 to get 14 hits

At least, that’s my process. I used pretty much the same to get to the 54 for the stormsurge.

Another way would be X shots * 2/3 (bs4) * 5/6 (wound on 2s) * 2/3 (5++ negates) * 2/3 (fnp negates) = 5
          So, solving for X, we get X = 5 * 3/2 * 6/5 * 3/2 *3/2 = 20.25. Huh, neat.

Copying that for the surge, X * 2/3 (bs4) * 2/3 (wound on 3s) * 1/2 (4++) * 2/3 (fnp) = 8 wounds
          so X = 8 * 3/2 *3/2 * 2 * 3/2 = 54

Woo, sleep deprived math!
          Of course, these are all statistical averages, not probability spreads.

• BobC May 11, 2016 4:45 am

An easier way: 1 shot does the following wounds to a riptide, assuming it has only its 5++
            1*2/3*(5/6+1/6*5/6)*2/3*2/3=0.288 wounds
            So to do 5 wounds, you need 5/0.288= about 17 shots.

Now, if its 3++
            1*2/3*(5/6+1/6*5/6)*1/3*2/3=0.144 wounds
            So to do 5 wounds, you need 5/0.144= about 34 shots.

For the stormsurge with 4++
            1*2/3*(2/3+1/3*2/3)*1/2*2/3=0.1975 wounds
            So to do 8 wounds, you need 8/0.1975= about 41 shots.

• Dakkath May 11, 2016 7:23 am

Ah, I didn’t factor grav amps in to my calculations, but those would reduce the numbers, yeah

6. LordWynn May 11, 2016 12:24 am #

Volkite Culverins are what I was planning to use for grav when I get my SoH done. Then they can be volkites in 30k and gravs in 40k.