Signals from the Frontline #414

Signals414thumbnail

Join the live show on our Twitch Channel todya at 11am, PST by following this link!

Show Notes

Date

3-4-16

Intro

News

• Dropfleet Commander is offering late backership to their KickStarter until March 21st and show off pictures of an awesome new Space Station! Hawk is also hiring a graphic artist and administrative assistant.

16 17 19 22b

• New releases form GW: WAAGH! Ghazghkull and Farsight Enclave updates and bundle deals up to 25% off from FLG, and anything up for Pre-order also up to 25% off from FLG!

thisweekspreorder4

• New F.A.T. Mats inbound! We had a sneak peak on Tuesday Night Fight showing off the Underforge mat! Tune in to Tuesday Night Fight next week to see another new F.A.T. Mat!

NewFATmatslider3

• Warmachine News/Rumors from news correspondent, Alex!
    • – New Warcasters/Warlocks on the horizon for most factions as spoiled in the Privateer Press Primecast.
    • – New Hordes faction enters play testing and announcement of theme force rebalance spoiled in the Q&A at Smog-Con in England.
    • – New version of Warmachine colossal boxes to include their alternative version as well as original.
    • Kickstarter for the American Team Championship (ATC) reaches funding goal.  ATC is the American version of the World Team Championship (WTC) (5v5 team games where countries are represented by teams ATC will have teams that represent states)
  • Upcoming Warmachine Weekend WMW Qualifier Events for March.
    • – Intermountain Cup – Ogden, UT – 3/12
    • – Crucible – Orlando, FL – 3/20
    • – Adepticon – Chicago, IL – 3/31
    • Wildcard event [not automatic invite but can earn points for WMW]
    • -Asgard WMW Invitational Wildcard Event – Houston, TX – 3/5
  • We’ll have not 1, 4 new ITC terrain pieces up for pre-order on Monday!

Upcoming ITC Events

2016 ITC Rankings are LIVE!

• If you see that your faction is incorrect for an event, email Reece at Contact@FrontlineGaming.org to get it fixed. Some of the results that came in where under the old ranking system and we’ll get it fixed for you.

ITC Championship Rankings

3 Andrew Gonyo Beast 1 103.63

Tyranids Rankings

1 Blake Chiasson NoLiSo 1 70.01
2 Jamie Williams CanHam 1 61.34
3 Peter Dupigny Flipside 1 42.94

itc.logo.01.1

Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from  any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.

• Curse of the Wolfen sequel en route?! With plastic Tzeentch Rubric Maries, Fateweaver/Lord of Change and a new Daemon?! Sweet!
  • Steelhead Duardin to be coming out, later in the year for AoS as well.
  • Broodkin are looking pretty interesting!

Rant Session

Tactics Corner

Rules Lawyer

• Broodkin can’t ally with anyone, including Tyranids?!
    • RAW vs. RAI

Completed Commissions

Masterclass Black Dragons

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

List Review (doubling up on the lists today)

Hey Guys,
This is my Revilers space marine list. I tried to make a solid army that utilized very few transports and stick true to the fluff. Let me know what you think.
1850 PTS
Ravenguard Chapter Tactics

+ Talon Strike Force Detachment +
Pinion Demi-Company
Captain [Raven’s Fury Relic Jump Pack, Swiftstrike & Murder Relic Lightning Claws, Artificer Armor]
Assault Marines [x4 Marines, Sergeant w/ meltabomb]
Tacticals [x4 Marines, x1 Meltagun, Sergeant w/ Combi-Melta]
Tacticals [x4 Marines, x1 Meltagun, Sergeant w/ Combi-Melta]
Tacticals [x4 Marines, x1 Meltagun, Sergeant w/ Combi-Melta]
Scouts [x4 scouts w/ boltguns, Sergeant w/ boltgun & meltabomb]
Scouts [x4 scouts w/ boltguns, Sergeant w/ boltgun & meltabomb]
Scouts [x4 scouts w/ boltguns, Sergeant w/ boltgun & meltabomb]
Scouts [x4 scouts w/ sniper rifles, Sergeant w/ sniper rifles]
Devastators [x9 Marines, x4 Lascannons, Sergeant w/ Signum]
Raptor Wing
Land Speeder [Heavy Flamer]
Storm Talon [TL Assault Cannon, Skyhammer Missiles]
Storm Talon [TL Assault Cannon, Skyhammer Missiles]
+ Combined Arms Detachment +

Librarian [ML 1, Force Axe] (Rolls on Divination)
Iron Clad Dreadnought [Seismic Hammer w/ Meltagun, Power Fist w/ Heavy Flamer, Ironclad Launchers]

Scouts [x4 scouts w/ boltguns, Sergeant w/ boltgun]

Scouts [x4 scouts w/ boltguns, Sergeant w/ boltgun]
Relic Scorpius Whirlwind [Battle of Keylek]
Aegis Defense Line [Comms Relay]

List #2

Reclamation Legion

1. Overlord w/Voidreaper, Phaseshifter
  2. 10 Warriors
  3. 10 Warriors
  4. 9 Immortals (guass blasters)
  5. 10 Lynchguard (Sword/Shield)
  6. 3 Tomb Blades (nebuloscopes)

2 X Canoptic Harvests

1. 6 Wraiths w/whip coils
  2. 3 Scarabs
  3. 1 Spyder

Combined Arms Detachment

1. Orikan the Diviner
  2. 5 Immortals (guass blasters)

Love to see Reese play this list against Frankie’s Tau!

22 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline #414”

1. Andrew March 4, 2016 11:57 am

If the Broodkin situation goes to a vote it may be the most lopsided in ITC history, I’m fairly confident the community would rally to make tyranids be able to do what they are supposed to do instead of being flying devourerer platforms.

Reecius March 4, 2016 12:06 pm

Yeah, agreed. I think the community will be massively in favor or RAI on this one.

• Codi March 4, 2016 12:14 pm

I don’t think it needs to be voted on. Just make the RAI ruling and let tryanids play with their toys.

Reecius March 4, 2016 12:19 pm

That is my instinct too, we just have to be careful how we do things to not set a poor precedent.

• Mike March 4, 2016 3:10 pm

Yeah call the rai ruling, and just put it out there with a “we weren’t seeing any support for the other way. It’s open to go to vote if people start speaking up about it.”

2. Will March 4, 2016 12:01 pm

Hey Reece the Ravenguard list was mine, and you are 100% right the dreadnought had a regular Drop Pod, I just left it off of the list. I appreciate the feedback, I’ll definitely have to look into acquiring a Dreadnought Pod.

Reecius March 4, 2016 12:05 pm

You’re welcome! And yeah, I cannot stress enough how good the Dreadnaught Drop Pod is! It seriously takes Dreads to the next level. Try it out in proxy, first. But the ability to weather the storm of enemy shooting for a turn makes the Dread so much more survivable, plus it grants Shrouding to units behind it, which would be super useful for your infantry based army.

• Jural March 4, 2016 12:47 pm

Pshaw- it’s no Mycetic Spore though…

• Hotsauceman1 March 4, 2016 10:56 pm

Dont forget the No Scatter Legacy of glory

3. Jural March 4, 2016 12:46 pm

Wow. Regarding GC allies, I read that blurb and said WTF… an hour later I now recall why:

1) I don’t frequent BOLS
    2) I hate GW rules writing

For the record, I think they should be BB with ‘Nids (clearly RAI), but I think RAW could go either way, and a strict reading they should be CtA…

One compromise for the ITC may be to allow them to ally as CtA.

The whole thing is lame, but unfortunately this isn’t a case where there are just some jerks reading a rule poorly and being trolls. The rule is JUST THAT poorly written.

Reecius March 4, 2016 1:45 pm

Yeah, it is silly, but we’ll work it out.

• Arrias March 4, 2016 1:55 pm

I smell Cruddace’s dirty Nid hating hands all over this.

4. Hotsauceman1 March 4, 2016 10:54 pm

Man, the green tide is Tricky. If you allow old stuff what pandoras box are we allowing in? Deleted characters? Deleted Units? If we treat a supplemant as a codex, does that mean deleted stuff from previous codexes come in.

5. TheRower March 5, 2016 12:04 am

Man, don’t play Orks but I feel for them. That’s a spendy list and the effort of painting and modelling it? Not to mention it’s a lot of fun. That said, I don’t think it should be allowed in the ITC. It’s just too much of a slippery slope. Should I still be able to take Basilisks in my Iron Warriors Heavy Support slots? (Yea I know that’s a dated example but the wounds of losing 3.5 CSM run deep). Should the DE still get Vect or Baron or Duke? The answer to all of these questions (green tide included) is of course yes in this gamers opinion, but if you do that where do you draw the line, how can you give concessions to one codex and not another. It just becomes a mess. I hope GW comes out and erratas the formation back in. But if they don’t I think it’s best to let it die.

• Vercingatorix March 6, 2016 10:48 pm

Another Rower/warhammer player? They’re must be at least 5 of us.

6. Mirthless56 March 5, 2016 5:48 am

wait.. wut.. Blood Angel rumors? Where?

7. morlakii March 5, 2016 3:01 pm

GSC shit-case closed:

“On the subject of BB with Tyranids or not, the section in the back of the latest WD (the pages where Grombrindal answers questions from readers, in the Munitorum Report) puts the last nail in the coffin for me, as it says: “Allies at last. Tyranid collectors rejoice! Genestealer cults are happy to fight beside (and be eaten by) the Great Devourer.”

8. Chris March 7, 2016 9:12 pm

Hey I just started listening and I like the podcast. I tend to do a few hours of driving every night so I’ve been burning through podcasts. The guys on the battlehosts sent me your way and I am enjoying it. I can definitely say that there will be a militarum tempestus score after April 15th though. Or if there is too much competition there I technically can field 2000 points of inquisition. And yes I am crazy enough to field all inquisition or tempestus with one assassin.

Reecius March 8, 2016 12:14 pm

Haha, awesome, do it! There are actually a few Tempestus players out there, we see them at tournaments from time to time.

Glad you are enjoying the podcast!

• Chris March 8, 2016 6:14 pm

Oh yes I definitely will be bringing either an only tempestus or 95% and up tempestus list. Needed a change from my orks since the footslogging doesn’t work all that well and I wanted more strategy than I am walking that way. Ya the only problem is that at this rate I going to be through all the newer shows in probably a few weeks. I listen to you while I drive since commercials are annoying. Today and yesterday combined I think I’ve gone through almost 15 of the signals from the frontline lol.

Reecius March 8, 2016 6:28 pm

Haha, right on! Powering through the backlog.

And yeah, Militarum Tempestus are such a cool army. I wish they had a few more options, though. Still, good fun.

• Chris March 8, 2016 7:01 pm

Ya it would be cool to have a few more options but it has been a ton of fun. Even with so few units my win loss is about even with the orks which is interesting. Also its a lot of fun flying around with the air formation and the ground is a lot of fun as well. I was looking for a different playstyle from footslogging assaulting orks and man did I get it lol. And I’m just crazy enough to run the air formation. Now to figure out how to get ride of the valkyries to play from the valks…