Khorne Daemonkin vs Dark Angels – Warhammer 40k – 1850pts

Canhammer Chris brings his Deathwing to face Logan’s KDK which is joined by a Greater Brass Scorpion! Do the Dark Angels have what it takes to purge the heretics!?

Be sure to check out the Tactics Corner for more great video bat reps.

About CanHammer

11 Responses to “Khorne Daemonkin vs Dark Angels – Warhammer 40k – 1850pts”

1. Reecius
    Reecius March 4, 2016 12:12 pm

Great bat rep, guys. Great looking terrain and armies and cool lists, too!

2. Drachnyen March 4, 2016 1:00 pm

Nice battle report!

One question: why not use a single big KDK army instead of using 2 armies? (KDK+CSM)

You could of generated more blood points and probably be able to fit all your models as well.

• 1PlusArmour March 4, 2016 5:36 pm

Primarily because I wanted both Chaos Lords to have something to make them a bit more “tanky”. EW/FNP on one, 2+/IWND on the other. Sometimes I will sub out Crimson Slaughter for Black Legion to give both Chaos Lords Eternal Warrior.

My KDK army is something I just play for fun, it’s not designed to be an optimized list at all 🙂

Reecius March 4, 2016 5:47 pm

I love playing KDK as well, super fun. I have been running them with Renegades and so far, the army has been fantastic. I really enjoy the playstyle and have found it to be very good as well.

3. Jeremy Veysseire
    MikhailLenin March 4, 2016 3:28 pm

I thought Culexus were unique

Reecius March 4, 2016 4:16 pm

You can take two, but it would require two Assassin Detachments.

4. Mshantz March 5, 2016 1:34 pm

Can a Brass Scorpion be taken by KDK when not used as part of a Hellforged Hunting Pack?

• 1PlusArmour March 6, 2016 2:51 pm

Based on some FW emails, and conversations with Reece when the KDK book came out, the answer was “yes”. I have no clue if that holds true for major events, however (as Forgeworld _still_ has not released a FAQ).

Most events around here will allow KDK to take FW units that can have Mark/Daemon of Khorne (e.g. Blood Slaughterers/Brass Scorpion/etc…).

• Mshantz March 6, 2016 7:34 pm

It makes sense, and is prefectly reasonable, in my opinion. I was just wondering if it was legal per ITC. Thanks.

5. cj March 5, 2016 11:33 pm

.did you forget to bring your cultist champions? KDK cultists are unit size 8 ! 😮