Signals from the Frontline Episode #373

Signals373

Watch the replay of the show by following this link.

Show Notes

9-18-15

Intro

• Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, and YouTube!  Join our Forums, too! If you would like to be a guest on the show, email Reece at Contact@FrontlineGaming.org
  • We sell tabletop games and supplies at 20% off! Hit us up for your next gaming order at Orders@FrontlineGaming.org or visit our webstore at FrontlineGaming.org.

News

• New F.A.T. Mats, hoooooo!

industrial landscape

alien invasionindustrial squarespaceship interior squarespaceship interior square 3

• Christopher Nolan to direct a live action trilogy produced by Leonardo DiCaprio?!?! YES!

akira

9781472815132 (1)

• Siren Miniatures releases a new sculpt, Gustav.

siren miniatures

• Heavy Gear shows off the new Lion mini for the Northern Faction.

heavy gear lion

• Wrath of Kings previews the new Gorbal the Rampager mini and stats.

wrath of kings wrath of kings2 wrath of kings3

• The Narrative Guys are running a 40k Narrative Charity event in Dallas, Novemeber 14th! Check out their Facebook page for more information. https://www.facebook.com/NarrativeGuys?fref=ts
    • They’re also showing off more of their custom terrain and it looks awesome!

narrative guys

• Kromlech releases an amazing new Orc kit, the Orc-Mech Boss in Kustom Mecha Armor!

orc mech boss

• 40k Deatwatch Enhanced Edition hits PCs in October.

deathwatch-bios

Upcoming ITC Events

ITC Update!

Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from  any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.

• Tau rumors galore!
    • New missile suit, the Stormsurge, looks bigger than a Riptide!
    • New command suit, the Ghostkeel.
    • New Firewarrior multi-kit.
    • New Crisis Suits? Or a new suit entirely?
    • Tau terrain?
    • And of course, the super-heavy Supremacy suit. Holy shite!
  • Got some awesome Forgeworld rumors for you coming from our guy, Secret Salmon!
    • The Corsair Prince gets six different paths to follow. A prince can come a psyker.  One way is to dabble in malefic demonology, obsessed with finding artifacts of the ancient eldar, leads too demonic possession. If it goes wrong, it has horrific consequences…. Another path has a prince who has to keep summoning until he runs out of warp charge points or dies doing it.
    • His retinue are gone and are replaced by the Void Storm squad all of whom are Felarchs and can be armed with a variety of exotic weaponry from Eldar through Harlequin to DE and some new stuff. Void Storm squad get void hardened armor which is a 3+/5++ armour save now.
    • The Shadowfield is still in there too.
    • The Prince can access ANY remnant of glory, enigma of the Black Library or the relics listed in the DE codex.
    • The Prince can take a Corsair Venom like an Archon can. Corsair Venoms can now have two heavy weapons including splinter cannons or a mix of Eldar heavy guns and DE. So they can take scatter laser and a splinter cannon at the same time.
    • A Corsair Baron is a new HQ that sits between the Prince and the Felarchs in the ranks of a Corsair band.
    • Formations There are some that resemble loose associations and war bands rather than rigid military structures. One uses multiple princes.
    • The Void Dreamer Gets a major buff. Able to take Telekinesis now and will be ML2. Void Dreamers can use the webway to suck an enemy unit or vehicle off the map and place it into ongoing reserve.
    • Infantry get boosts. Corsair Jet Packs give a 4+ armour save. WS and BS are 4 as per other Eldar. Felarchs have 5 and 5. Each model can have a different weapon including splinter rifles.
    • Felarch’s have an ability that helps their unit in close quarters fighting.  Not sure if that means shooting, assault, or something else.
    • There’s an army-wide power akin to battle focus “but a little different”.
    • New vehicle wargear kinetic fields which is a 4++ against anything within 24″.  The 4++ works in CC as well where it becomes rerollable.  Wasp Walkers can take kinetic fields which means they’ll tie things up in CC pretty well.  Corsair vehicles can really be in the thick of it.
    • Corsair Jetbikes – There are new models completed by Will Hayes. He coyly confirmed this to me. Corsair Jetbikes can take splinter cannons.  The Corsair Prince can take a jetbike.
    • Warp Hunter – D strength minus 1. Same profile as before not sure if the AP moves to 2.
    • Firestorm gets ignores jink and rending.
    • Hornet pulse lasers have a higher cost.
    • There are lots of specialist grenades that do different things including building and fortification busting. One is a S:D grenade that can be thrown but cannot be used in CC.
    • Bel-Annath gets a makeover but not sure on the detail.
    • Changes to how Spectres and Iryillth move.
    • There is a new Wraithlord variant produced by Will Hayes.
    • Revenant, Cobra, and Scorpion all getting updated.
    • No more void dragon phoenix.
  • Age of Sigmar Khorne models
    • Slaughterpriest
      • Can deal D6 mortal wounds to an enemy unit….or D3 to himself!
      • Can force enemy models to move towards the Khorne units.
      • Can unbind spells.
    • Skullgrinder
      • +1 Bravery to Mortal Khorne units
      • If he kills a Hero or monster all mortal khorne units in 8″ get two wounds for each 4+ to hit. Wow!

Rant Session

Heavy Artillery Battery, 2x Earthshaker, 14x Crew

Lord of War

Crassus Armoured Assault Transport, 2x Autocannons, Extra Armour Plates

Inquisitorial Detachment

HQ

Coteaz

20 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline Episode #373”

1. Mike September 18, 2015 11:02 am

Weighing in on that white scars fail morale -> get locked -> hit and run.
    It seems that all the morale resolution is in the fight sub-phase, while hit and run is at “the end of the assault phase” and only requires that the unit be “locked,” not seeming to care whether it was locked normally or by being caught in a sweep with atsknf. So I’m of the belief that yes they can.
    Unfortunately, had a judge that I couldn’t convince of the above and we had to 4+ it, and I have never won a 4+ rules roll off. xD

Reecius September 18, 2015 11:11 am

Yeah, we double checked, looks like they can. Lol, army wide Hit and Run is so crazy.

• Mike September 18, 2015 11:27 am

In that white scar battleco mirror match I had at an event, we both failed something like 7 hit and run init checks. It was like we had no chapter tactics at all.

Speaking of which here’s the report if you want to read it: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/663786.page

Reecius September 19, 2015 8:39 am

Nice! Have to check that out.

2. Mike September 18, 2015 11:09 am

While I agree that by listing the supremacy suit as a GC without specifically saying it loses certain rules out of it is correct by RAW, I would say there’s a lot of wiggle room for RAI that they don’t stomp or have FNP.
    Being that it lists ALL the GC rules in parentheses (Fear fearless hammer of wrath unstoppable move through cover relentless smash strikedown) but does NOT list FNP or stomp. Perhaps the rules writer intended for the suit to only have the save, and to not be able to stomp its way out of tarpits should it be caught by them.

But yeah from a RAW standpoint you’re basically just being told that they can do all those things twice, except for the unmentioned ones, which you can still do since they just called it a GC instead of actually giving it the precise rules they wanted to.

Reecius September 18, 2015 11:11 am

We should write and ask FW. They are very good about answering those questions.

• Narfwak September 18, 2015 4:02 pm

If I had to guess it’s that FW forgot what rules GCs have and don’t have and simply provided an incorrect list. It wouldn’t be the first time they made a rather silly error in a pdf.

On the plus side: it’s a .pdf and not a book, and FW does actually fix their .pdf rules sometimes. So, hey, there’s that.

3. iNcontroL September 18, 2015 10:45 pm

Has anyone checked if in other FW gc listings it includes stomp and fnp? I’m in San Diego and don’t have my books but like for heirodules I don’t think it lists fnp and stomp? Just says gc..

• abusepuppy September 19, 2015 9:14 am

The GCs in Anphelion Project (and elsewhere) just list their unit type normally and don’t attempt to spell out the additional rules granted by it, yeah.

4. Dbiesto September 19, 2015 12:15 am

Almost could’ve made the Concord tournament…all I have are LoC converted, Belakor, 10 plaguebearers, 10 bloodletting, 10 pink horrors. I’ll still stop by, see what ppl are using and maybe find space to paintz

Reecius September 19, 2015 8:39 am

Yeah, start to get dialed back in to the community!

5. Dbiesto September 19, 2015 12:18 pm

Equilibrium games is awesome, same folks from battle bunker in Antioch. They let me borrow enough models to do my basic Flying Circus until my order arrives from here. Definitely fun, glad to be playing again. Greater and Lesser rewards are ridiculous got a 5 wound FNP it will not die, Str. 8 d6″ Str. 4 explosion Prince. Lost 11-0 first game cause still learning, but I’m starting to figure out the new edition. 🙂

Reecius September 19, 2015 1:17 pm

That’s awesome that you’re having fun, buddy!

6. Hotsauceman1 September 19, 2015 5:44 pm

The problem with the list is the Deathrider has to be your warlord

7. Dbiesto September 19, 2015 8:07 pm

There was a REALLY good Lhorne Daemonkin player there. Got advice on how to play CSM without having to spend my entire savings on more daemons can’t wait to try out new list. Went 0-3 with only 2 points. Once your shipment arrived I can’t wait to try it out, probably building it all overnight when it arrives. I love the new format.

Reecius September 20, 2015 9:54 am

Glad you like it, buddy!

8. Dbiesto September 19, 2015 8:49 pm

Basically I had Lvl 16 for my Psykers, but I don’t own enough daemons. The Daemonkin player there James listed off strategies, and with nothing to summon, going full defense only goes so far. I did a good amount of damage, but it’s impossible to develop a strategy when I have 9 psychic powers I need to cast. Couldn’t keep track of anything, I’ll be ready next time.

9. Sam September 20, 2015 6:38 am

I foresee major issues with all the new cheap str d from the corsair list. Hopefully fw is better at balancing this then gw was.

I see with the new tau battlesuit fw at least acknowledges the problem of str d. 4+ invul vs shooting and if you get that lucky invul ignoring 6 it’s only 3+d3 hull/wounds.

Reecius September 20, 2015 9:56 am

We’ll see, soon! I don’t know if it will be any more problematic than Eldar now, honestly, but we’ll see.

10. Learn2Eel September 21, 2015 6:49 pm

Thanks for a great show guys! I’ve been discussing the Tau’nar a lot on different forums and the amount of people telling me I’m over-reacting to its rules makes me shake my head in disbelief. This thing is ridiculous for 600 points and I think many players aren’t truly understanding how stupidly tough and powerful the Tau’nar is. It’s a Revenant equivalent for 300 points less yet people think it is appropriately priced!?

I struggle to see how at least half the codices in the game could kill it when run without allies, whereas at least a Wraithknight can be dealt with if it is solo. I was eager to hear your thoughts on the Tau’nar and it honestly scares me that our opinions line up as I shudder to think what this can do to the unprepared. Cheers again guys!