Thursday Night Fight! Renegades vs Ultramarines Battle Company

Kain's Chosen

Thursday night fight! We’ve got Renegades vs. Space Marines in a classic battle, also a send of to Kian, our intern. Click here to watch the game live on Twitch, 7:00pm PST!

The renegade army list.

Khorne Renegades (Kain’s Chosen)
Unending Tide Detachment Size Cost
2x Renegade Disciple Squad of 5 10 70
Heavy Support
Battery of 2 Earthshakers, 7 crew 16 128
Battery of 2 Earthshakers, 7 crew 16 128
Khorne Daemonkin CAD Size Cost
HQ
Chaos Lord, Melta Bombs, Goredrinker, Axe of Khorne, Juggnaught of Khorne, Sigil of Corruption 1 210
Herald of Khorne 1 55

Scouts x 5

Librarius Conclave

Librarian lv. 2 Terminator Armor 115

Librarian Lv. 1 TDA 90

Librarian lv. 1 TDA 90

Knight Castigator 280

15 Responses to “Thursday Night Fight! Renegades vs Ultramarines Battle Company”

1. Adam
    Adam (Thediceabide.com) August 13, 2015 9:11 pm

Interesting Chaos list, though I’m not sure if spending 110 point in tax to get 1 more earthshaker than normal in the purge detachment is worthwhile. If you are going to go that route I might consider spawn instead of veterans, and possibly drop a pair of earthshakers for some wyverns. Since you only have one herald for blood tithe, the second battery isn’t that great compared to some other options.

I like the blood slaughterer too, but without the impaler, I just don’t care for them. You can also free up some points from that chaos lord, he has 70 points in melee weapons! The gore drinker is nice, but I really think it makes the axe of khorne redundant. The Axe of Khorne is specialist so you’re losing an attack, I would just take a power sword for when you want to use your full init. That alone will get you 20 points right there.

• Kian Alden August 14, 2015 1:04 pm

So this list is a place holder for a much stronger one that is forthcoming. In the new list I’ll drop the blood slaughterer entirely, and a single hound to give all my soldiers Krak grenades and add two batteries of two rapiers to the army. The Purge also becomes a CAD so that the tax veterans become ob-sec.

Interestingly, I didn’t find having only one tithe battery to be limiting, and especially against strong targets like knights I just need to be sure to fire the tithe battery last. I just wish I could find a way to squeeze a third KDK HQ into the army….

One of my plans is to use the Blood Host with Slaughtercult and Gorepack instead of a CAD and see how the extra blood tithe treats me.

I understand what you’re saying about the Goredrinker, but its awesome to have a S10 instant death character with 6 attacks at init 5 🙂 The powersword makes a lot of sense with the gore drinker, especially because the Goredrinker buffs it.

2. Sueppchen August 14, 2015 1:08 am

I made a few Training games and am quite pleased with a Tzeentch List so far. I love this 55 Point Chaos Spawns. 12 Inch Movement, Objective Secured, Beast Rules, Fleet, Fearless and their solid Profile are an amazing combination. Infantry Squads with Chaos Sigils are also one of the best Objective Secured unit in the game. The Flesh hounds give you board control until midgame.

RenegadesandHereticsIA13 (Size: 136 Cost 1210)
    HQ
    Renegade Command Squad (Covenant of Tzeentch, Warlord)
    Size: 5 Cost: 55

Size: 18 x 3 Cost: 3x 165

3 x Earthshaker cannon
    Size: 18 x 3 Cost: 3x 165
    – – – > 165 Punkte

Renegade Strike Battery, 5 Wyvern
    Size:5 Cost 275

Gorepack: Khorne Daemonkin (Size: 34 Cost 640)

2x Bikes, 2 Melta
    Size: 2 x 3 Cost: 2x 96

4x Fleshhounds
    Size: 4 x 7 Cost: 4x 112

• Kian Alden August 14, 2015 1:08 pm

I like this list a lot!
      The amount of artillery you are using makes The Purge detachment really attractive, especially with an Ordnance Tyrant HQ. Spawn give that army a lot of potential to annihilate enemy infantry (assault with a spawn, they all consolidate, hammer the unit with earth shakers and laugh as the spawn is not doubled out).

• Sueppchen August 15, 2015 10:07 am

Yes, that combination would be great. Though you’d need one Vrak Detachement and a Primary Detachment from the Heretics in IA13. Otherwise there would be no way to get those Obsec Chaos Spawns. Also, the Chaos Sigil from Imperial Armour 13 is so much better. It lets you ignore your first failed Mrale Check each game turn, which makes those 35 point Infantry Squads basically fearless.
        You can Charge almost any unit with such a squad and be sure that they get killed in the enemy turn- which leaves the enemy unit clumbed up for your artillery. That way the Ordnance Tyrant is not even needed- though he is still very good in such a list. Unfortunatly you cannot take an Ordnance Tyrant upgrade in a IA13-List.

• Kian Alden August 17, 2015 12:17 pm

Ah wow those sigils are way better. Even the ones from Vraks would help though. I desperately need a way to control the behavior of my troopers, and this might be what I need.

3. W August 14, 2015 9:02 am

Woo! Renegades! Thanks a lot for doing this report guys, and its cool to see the intern on camera for once

I do agree with Adam’s input above on the list though.

• Kian Alden August 14, 2015 1:10 pm

Thanks for the support 🙂 This is the 3rd iteration of the army so far and I’ve only had fun tweaking it. Strangely, I’ve found Cuddles (the blood slaughterer) to be an AMAZING counter assault unit, as most assault troops rely on S8 powerfists to get through vehicles his AV13 really stops them in their tracks. At the Hammer of Wrath GT he took on 3 heavy assault units (Chaos lord w/powerfist and hounds, TWC with power fist and lord, the legendary ‘Ork Deathstar’) and gave them a walloping, only dying after 2+ full turns of combat and doing irreparable damage.

• W August 14, 2015 1:50 pm

The Blood Slaughterer is cool, but I do think the Lord is too expensive :b It’s strange to see Renegades without any Rapier batteries too!

• Kian Alden August 14, 2015 2:08 pm

I didn’t have the models :/ I’m using Forge Father Support guns from Mantic, and they have yet to arrive.

• W August 14, 2015 2:19 pm

Ah I gotcha;) Yeah those are pretty cool, the FW artillery models can get really expensive! The eartshakers and medusas are just insanely priced imo.

4. WuTangDamaja August 14, 2015 12:26 pm

Why is Pablo so annoying to watch

• Petey Pab
      Pablo August 15, 2015 6:43 pm

Not sure why I’m so annoying to watch. Any tips on how to make myself less annoying? I’m always up for some self-improvement

Reecius August 16, 2015 4:29 pm

Hey man, you’re free to share your opinions but be mindful of the fact that the people you’re talking about may read what you write. If you wouldn’t say it to someone in person, don’t write it online, either.

5. Sawyer Z August 19, 2015 8:44 pm

The knight castigator is 380, hopefully just a writing error and not an adding error xD