40k Results and Pictures from the BAO 2015!

BAO-icon-01-2-300x239

We’ve got the official BAO 2015 results and TheNikkorMan snapped some great shots from the BAO, follow the link to check them out!

BAO photo Gallery Here.

Click here for event results!

Winners from the 40k Champs receiving their loot and glory!

P1010296

P1010228

John Costa: Best Chaos

P1010222

John McCool: Best Orks

P1010219

Mike Fox: Best Appearance

25 Responses to “40k Results and Pictures from the BAO 2015!”

1. Warmaster_Gir July 14, 2015 1:34 pm

Those pics are Awesome, Some really impressive armies there

Reecius July 14, 2015 3:43 pm

It really was a great event!

2. Scott Cipher July 14, 2015 1:40 pm

Thanks for the shout out 🙂 There were a lot of awesome armies on display and I really enjoyed getting the opportunity to meet some of the equally awesome players behind them.

Cheers

-Scott
    Aka ‘thenikkorman’
    Aka BH Senior Pixel Herder

3. RoockieBoy July 14, 2015 3:35 pm

Looks like it was a great event! Well done Reece, Frankie, and all! And thanx Pablo for keeping us informed!

Reecius July 14, 2015 5:00 pm

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it =)

4. Orin July 14, 2015 3:41 pm

It was a great event, but I am disappointed that you did not fix my paint score (Vostroyans and Imperial Knights) like you said you would. It was a little insulting getting a 5 out of 55 with the amount of work I put into painting the list and making a display bord.

Reecius July 14, 2015 3:44 pm

I said I would fix your paint score? As in Reece? That cannot be the case as I was not the paint judge and intentionally directed everyone to them for any questions or comments. Did you speak to the pain judges about your score? They are always happy to discuss why you got the score you did.

• Orin July 14, 2015 3:50 pm

No, Frankie did.

Reecius July 14, 2015 5:11 pm

Frankie wasn’t a paint judge so most likely there was a miscommunication as he didn’t have the ability to change your score. The paint judges have to judge all 134 armies in a relatively short period of time. They do make mistakes on occasion as it is a tough job to do. The thing is, paint judging is 100% subjective, most often folks think they should have gotten a higher score than they did because they–understandably–love their own army. The judges do not have the time to go through each model in each army and give it the attention the owner did when creating it. It simply isn’t possible with the time constraints. It sounds like your army may have gotten a score you felt was unfair. The best thing to do would have been to ask a paint judge to take another look at it or at least why you got the score you got.

Certainly, no one was trying to insult your effort, it was likely a difference in opinion or simply a mistake. Sorry that that hapenned, but on the plus side, it doesn’t impact your ranking in the event.

• He Who Must Not Be Named July 14, 2015 9:56 pm

Reece, this gentleman wasn’t the only one who had something “off” happen with his paint scoring. I can attest to how difficult it is to judge paint, as I recently judged a smaller GT, but this is what happened to me. The judge who reviewed my army (not Seth or Caleb) spent literally 30 seconds and never got closer than 3 feet to my models. As he was walking off I asked him how I scored. He said, “don’t worry, you did very well.” I received a 7 out of 11. I think when someone asks how they did they deserve an accurate answer and the opportunity to understand what they could have done to elevate their score. Not only did I walk away thinking I did better than I was actually scored, because I didn’t find out that “very well” was equal to less than 70% I didn’t get to ask about the areas of improvement. Food for thought for next year.

Reecius July 15, 2015 11:18 am

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate it. Yeah, paint judging is, without a doubt, the most contentious aspect of running GTs. To be frank, I really dislike doing it but folks like the feedback so we try to accommodate them. However, you often get situations where judges are overworked and have to get through a lot of armies in a short period of time and have to go faster than everyone would like. It just isn’t an easy task, logistically.

• jmanj123 July 15, 2015 4:00 pm

Hey Reece, have you considered asking players as they check in whether they want their armies paint scored? For example, my army was half painted (ie, I had little details, washes, or highlights completed), so I was just meeting the three color minimum for prize support. As a result, I did not need my army to be scored, but in the chaos, a paint judge came to score my army, only to be annoyed and realize it had already been scored despite it being on his ‘unscored’ list. So, you could ask players as they check in whether they would like a paint score to reduce the amount of time needed to find and evaluate the plethora of armies that just meet the minimum. This would give the judges more time to evaluate fully painted armies in a more thorough manner. Thanks.

Reecius July 16, 2015 10:43 am

That’s actually a good idea. We’d have to do it during the ticket sale, but, it could cut down on the number of armies to judge.

5. fluger July 15, 2015 7:56 am

One of these years I’m finally going to have enough money and free time to travel to this.

My wife’s sister and her family live in Santa Rosa, so it’d be easy to make it a “family” trip down and then abandon them for 40k!

• fluger July 15, 2015 7:57 am

Also, the pics are of a higher quality than I normally see for event coverage, props to the photographer!

• fluger July 15, 2015 7:58 am

Also, the Winter Nid table was sheer genius. I like seeing off-beat table themes and that’s a first for me.

Reecius July 15, 2015 3:34 pm

That table was a custom one form our Customer Terrain studio! It now belongs to InControl. But yeah, it looked brilliant!

6. Rubeat July 15, 2015 9:21 am

Did the pajama pants run the same list as Wargamescon?

Reecius July 15, 2015 11:20 am

No, he dropped the Orcs.

• rubear July 15, 2015 7:15 pm

Oh nice, what did he add if you dont mind?

Reecius July 16, 2015 12:13 pm

Er, I actually don’t know the specific differences, sorry.

7. iNcontroL July 16, 2015 9:30 am

awesome pics!

8. Jax July 16, 2015 10:23 am

How did Alan Bajramovic put a KD Bloodthirster of Insenate Rage in his Chaos Daemons list? I believe CD don’t have a Bloodthirster of Insenate Rage, just the normal one with the flail and axe.

• Rubear July 16, 2015 11:01 am

It was released in a white dwarf issue when the new kit came out

• Jax July 16, 2015 12:10 pm