Wargames Con Tickets are Up for Sale!

wargamescon

What: Wargames Con 2015

Where: DoubleTree Hilton in Austin, TX:

BOOK YOUR ROOM HERE

When: June 18-21

Why: Because gaming is awesome and Austin is one of the best cities to visit in the USA!

Purchase your Convention Badge Here! Required to Enter the Event.

Ticketing Information

Warhammer 40k Events

Warhammer Fantasy GT

Warmachine and Hordes 3 Day Pass

Flames of War Early War Nationals

Event Information: Flames of War Mission Packet

X-Wing 3 Day Pass

X-Wing 1 Day Pass

Friday – 100 pt squadron FFG X-Wing 2015 Standard tournament.

Saturday – 300 pt  FFG X-Wing 2015 Epic Dogfight tournament.

Sunday – EPIC play “Big Game” Two sides section off and end the tournament with a Battle of Endor sized mega game!

8 Responses to “Wargames Con Tickets are Up for Sale!”

1. iNcontroL April 7, 2015 10:41 am

Got mine! Can’t wait!

Reecius April 7, 2015 11:37 am

See you there, buddy!

2. NickW April 7, 2015 1:33 pm

I know a lot of hardcore Austin 40k players and longtime WGC attendees who’ve said they won’t participate as a result of the poll debacle leaving us stuck with “2 detachment 40k.” I am considering taking the same position, though I may come simply to meet the Frontline guys and catch up with other Texas folk.

Reecius April 7, 2015 2:23 pm

Well, if you all choose to go that route that would pretty much be the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face as if this year’s event is not successful, there will most likely be no more Wargames Con, again.

I understand that sometimes it can be difficult to accept some of the aspects of a democratic decision, but we followed through on what we said we were going to do. Hurting your community to make a point isn’t really a smart play, unless you think the point you want to make is worth having no more event to go to at all. I guess that is a personal choice, but, I hope that you all make the choice to support the community and your local event despite not having the exact format some of you may wish for.

• Nick W April 8, 2015 11:55 am

I think it’s true that the event needs to be supported just to keep it going. It’s just that you’re caught between a rock and a hard place here if you’re one of the people (which honestly includes almost all the active 40k tournament players I know in Austin) who is vehemently against “40k lite” with artificially restricting detachments to as little as two, because whenever you protest, they tell you to “vote with your feet” and not attend to send a message…but as you pointed out, this isn’t even an option here, if we want to keep the event at all. So it’s a bit like getting ugly socks for Christmas when you were sure your grandma was going to get you an Xbox, and when you complain, your grandma tells you that you’d better wear those ugly socks or Christmas is cancelled forever at your house 😉

I think people would be less upset about the restrictions if options 1 or 2 had won in a landslide, but considering that more than 2/3rds of national respondents wanted at least 3, including almost everyone I know in Austin, it just sucks more. Especially since the poll did not make it clear about the wonky plurality thing- just from people I know personally, I know enough people who would’ve switched their vote from infinite to 3 to cement that as the plurality, had they been aware of how you guys would make the pick.

• Nick W April 8, 2015 11:58 am

Plus, not being able to duplicate the same type of detachment (even if bringing two different factions!) is just more salt in the wound when you can only bring two total, especially for codexes with less detachment options.

3. Cypher623 April 16, 2015 12:46 pm

I am curious, who is going to be running Warhammer Fantasy and where can we find the Event rules. With so many things going on we really need to be sure about what armies and rules we will be using.

Let me know,

JG

Reecius April 16, 2015 12:49 pm

Hey Cypher, Brandon Sullivan was the TO, but he bailed on us. We’re currently looking for a replacement.