signals from the Frontline

Show Notes

3-10-15

Intro

• Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube!  Join our Forums, too! If you would like to be a guest on the show, email Reece at Contact@FrontlineGaming.org
  • We sell tabletop games and supplies at 20% off! Hit us up for your next gaming order at Orders@FrontlineGaming.org or visit our webstore at FrontlineGaming.org.

News

raven guard templates space wolf templates world eaters templates

• Art floating around for the new Pathfinder expansion book: Giantslayer

giantslayer art

• Wyrd shows off new wave 3 model artwork for Gluttony, an upcoming release.

gluttony

• New Dropzone Commander command models are up for pre-order and we have some painted versions to check out, too! Beautiful models. Hawk also has updates to the core and reconquest rules up on their sit for free download, now. Plus, lots of minor rules changes like Flame weapons ignoring Evasion, some units getting minor upgrades and downgrades, etc.

15-03-02_133654_M_C_1024x1024 - Copy 15-03-02_133736_M_C_1024x1024 - Copy 15-03-02_134006_M_C_1024x1024 - Copy 15-03-02_134506_M_C_1024x1024 - Copy Thunderstorm_1_1024x1024

• Forgeworld Previews Armillus Dynat, of the Alpha Legion.
  • LVO Exit Poll feedback.

Upcoming ITC Events

Rumors: The Rumor Section is gathered from the web and is not in any way information we receive from  any manufacturer nor is it necessarily accurate. This section of the podcast is intended for entertainment purposes only.

• 30k Plastic Kit

-2 Generic Legio Astartes Armies
-20x Tactical Marines (2 Sprues)
-5x Cataphractii Terminators (1 Spure)
-1x Contemptor Dreadnought (1 Sprue)
-2x Legio Centurions (both with options for Consul options, 2 identical Sprues)
-Transfer Sheet with Symbols of 3 Loyal and 3 Traitor Legions
-Suppliment includes a summary of the great crusade with important events and timeline
-Description of the Legions from the Decal Sheet with small history of them

-Transfer Sheet with Symbols of 3 Loyal and 3 Traitor Legions

-Description of the Legions from the Decal Sheet with small history of them

-Gaming Set Includes a Suppliment for the Age of Darkness

-Rules and a Dettachment for Playing Legio Astartes and Xenos in the Past of 40k

-A new Allied Matrix including Xenos of the 31st Millenium

-Very generic Dataslates for the models, only the featured Characters will have specific Background, but can used for any Legion

-Models are designed to fully compatible with Forgeworld’s Legion add-on kits.
Price:
Said to be north of £130.00

Rant Session

Tactics Corner

Rules Lawyer

Completed Commissions

List Review

• Cadre fire blade
  • Riptide with ion and tl sms
  • Xv-8 squad with two with tl missile pod and one with tl plasma, two with
  • Target lock
  • 2 9 man fw squad, one with carbines and emp in a fish with seeker
  • 11 kroot, 1 shaper and a krootox all with sniper rounds
  • 7 pathfinders
  • 1 fusion piranha with a seeker
  • Missile side with a seeker

30 Responses to “(Fixed) Signals from the Frontline: Warhammer 40K and General Gaming News, Rumors, Tactics and Comedy!”

1. DCannon4Life March 10, 2015 11:51 am #

Any shout-out for AdeptiCon? 9 Days away. Any of you planning to brave the weather in the Midwest in mid-March?

Reecius March 10, 2015 12:01 pm #

Yeah, we will be there for sure! We should have totally mentioned it but were running late. Will plug it next show.

2. Nova star March 10, 2015 12:08 pm #

Link isn’t working

3. Hotsauceman1 March 10, 2015 12:10 pm #

Broken link.
    cock teases

4. White925 March 10, 2015 3:39 pm #

Fixed the link

5. Hotsauceman1 March 10, 2015 4:16 pm #

How is ranged d bad right now? Only if you roll a 6 is it good. And only against one model. It keeps those LOW in check, I know people who are whining are only thinking the one time a range d rolled killed a tank with a 6. I say keep it.

6. Reecius
    Reecius March 10, 2015 5:54 pm #

Anyone having trouble loading the podcast?

• Punchdub March 10, 2015 5:55 pm #

Yeah, it still isn’t showing up in iTunes Podcast app

• AbusePuppy March 10, 2015 8:57 pm #

It gives me a “file not found” when I try to use the in-browser player.

7. Nova star March 10, 2015 6:06 pm #

I just got it on iTunes fine

8. Tom March 10, 2015 6:31 pm #

Not working

9. Maelstorm March 10, 2015 11:51 pm #

Not working

10. massive dynamic March 11, 2015 12:23 am #

Not working

11. Moridan March 11, 2015 4:57 am #

No worky here

12. Reecius
    Reecius March 11, 2015 6:54 am #

Our host is having some issues, we will try to get it fixed, ASAP.

13. Ghost Valley March 11, 2015 9:03 am #

In regards to the split opinion on the direction of the 40k Friendly, I suspect some of players are trying to find a middle ground between the Championships and just playing some open gaming. They dont like the idea of going up against Ad Lance and Lynx’s on Skyshields with Tau Fire Cadre, but are still feeling competitive and want so scratch that itch, so to speak.

Calling it a Narrative rather then Friendly might curb some expectations that it is the Jr. version of the Championships. I agree with you though, that if you want the Swiss pairings you should probably just enter the Championships.

14. CaptainA March 11, 2015 10:02 am #

I think a lot of people find it nervous our awkward to ask someone to play at an event. That would be my take on it.

Reecius March 11, 2015 10:19 am #

Hmm, fair point. We will be revamping the Friendly format to either go more narrative or more tournament like. Or, we can do a friendly track over all three days to allow a little bit of everything.

15. Narfwak March 11, 2015 1:05 pm #

Link is still down 🙁 That 30k box set sounds amazing though!

16. Lord Alchemy March 11, 2015 8:06 pm #

From someone who actually played in the friendly let me start off by saying that I had an amazing time. I played in the championships last year and even though I had a great time I wanted to try something different this year. I am definitely more fluff bunny than competitive gamer and love playing themed lists but that doesn’t mean I don’t play to win. The friendly was just that for me, it fed both my competitive and fluff nature’s that I could honestly say I enjoyed myself more this year than last. In my opinion the only negative was the idea of teams between factions (chaos vs. Imperials vs. Xenos, etc.) That never really happened and was something I was looking forward to after reading the friendly primer before signing up for it.

• Maelstorm March 12, 2015 4:05 am #

I was looking forward to the same thing – it didn’t materialize…

17. Jimbo March 12, 2015 4:44 am #

I’m not sure that surveying your attendees is necessarily an endorsement for a certain format. Naturally you’ll have a sampling bias– people that choose to attend your format will naturally prefer that format. I’d say there’s an argument for half the people saying to change something is an overwhelming endorsement to make a change, since you’re asking people that are already biased towards what was presented. If they picked the format because they liked it and then half wanted to change something, it is likely the greater population that didn’t attend would also want the change.

But the sure way to see is to sample widely, not just on your own site but sites frequented by areas you want to target for attendance.

It would be cool if you had all the ITC events do a short survey as well– that combined data would be more interesting.

18. White925 March 12, 2015 12:15 pm #

LINK FIXED!!

19. Adam
    Adam (Thediceabide.com) March 12, 2015 1:03 pm #

Frankie, get your hands off my D!

• Adam
      Adam (Thediceabide.com) March 12, 2015 1:10 pm #

And regarding the faction your army represents, spending 926 points in your faction and winning best of is a far cry from taking a Mek and 2 units of grots (85 points) and winning Best Orks.

You don’t really need to check them all, take people’s word for it and check the winners. If someone wants to win best-of, they’ll be honest during registration, if they don’t want/expect to win, then who cares where they spend most of their points?

20. tag8833 March 13, 2015 6:01 am #

“Two CAD is no big deal at this point.” I agree, if you are allowing CAD + Codex Specific CAD like Detachment. Would have been really interesting if you had polled that. I think everybody knows what the results would have been.

CAD + Hive Fleet or CAD + Ork Hoard or CAD + Realspace Raiders is not a list construction limitation that maximizes fun, balance, or list rationality.

21. Will Grant March 13, 2015 8:13 am #

On the topic of duplicate formations.

You can still take two of the Canoptek Harvests in a Decurion detachment correct?

• winterman March 13, 2015 8:44 am #

Yeah that is a good question. When they first mentioned Decurion was legal I wondered if the no duplicate formations applied inside the decurion. Without any additional info I assumed it was allowed. Now not so sure.

22. Gruebot March 13, 2015 11:24 am #

Can you post a link to the Gamer Templates website please? Thanks

Reecius March 13, 2015 11:56 am #

They don’t have a site, actually. Look them up on Facebook!