hawk-wargames-dropzone-commander-reconquest

This is Round 7 from the LVO against Rich of green stuff industries fame (greenstuffindustries.com/store). We played for the second time in the LVO in Round 7 on a custom mission. Time was short, so we couldn’t be quite as careful filming this one, but I still think it turned out well. Let us know any feedback!

7 Responses to “Dropzone Commander Battle Report #17 – LVO Round 7 – PHR vs. PHR – Custom Mission”

1. NIK2286 March 6, 2015 6:39 am #

Great report guys!! I like how you guys either forgot or just glossed over the crystals toward the end. Seems like one of those additions to a mission that don’t do anything, until it DOES something and loses you the game. I like the tweet to encroachment though, neat idea!

• Rich with GSI March 6, 2015 9:16 am #

Plus, we were all pretty burnt out by then. 8 rounds for only six attendees was murder! Good mission, though.

Reecius March 6, 2015 9:38 am #

We’ll work on the format for next year. That was the first go at it, only room for improvement from here!

• Rich with GSI March 6, 2015 10:50 am #

FYI, in sitting next to Hawk at the vendor tables, I heard Dave tell Simon that they want to support the tournament itself more next year. I think they recognized the potential for DzC at the LVO. Apparently, there are no venues in England/Europe big enough to do what you big event TOs do here (for games like 40k, for example) in the states.

2. NIK2286 March 6, 2015 2:56 pm #

I’ll be there next year, so somebody gets a bye round! ; p

• Rich with GSI March 6, 2015 5:15 pm #

NIK, it’s actually relatively hard to get completely tabled unless you’ve never played a table top war game before. Especially now that the rules were just errata’d on the Hawk site today. Hawk is very serious about balance.

3. NIK2286 March 7, 2015 5:28 am #

Oh! Nono Rich, I mean there would be 7 entrants, so someone would have a bye each round!! I’m not THAT bad! Lol