Signals from the Frontline Special Edition: Orks

• Effective combos
  • Favorite Wargear
  • Favorite Formations/Detachments
  • Closing thoughts.

Jon’s Orks.

WP_20150119_12_02_06_Pro WP_20150119_12_04_29_Pro WP_20150119_12_05_48_Pro

WP_20150119_10_21_55_Pro WP_20150119_12_02_06_Pro WP_20150119_12_04_29_Pro WP_20150119_12_05_48_Pro WP_20150119_15_38_00_Pro WP_20150119_15_38_13_Pro WP_20150119_15_38_28_Pro WP_20150119_15_39_04_Pro WP_20150119_15_39_19_Pro WP_20150119_15_40_11_Pro WP_20150119_15_40_31_Pro WP_20150119_15_41_09_Pro WP_20150119_15_42_32_Pro WP_20150119_15_42_48_Pro WP_20150119_15_50_50_Pro WP_20150119_15_51_14_Pro WP_20150119_15_56_13_Pro WP_20150119_15_59_58_Pro

40 Responses to “Signals from the Frontline Special Edition: Orks”

1. Nova star January 22, 2015 11:34 am

Stop making such good shows I was literally contemplating getting a stompa and I don’t own single ork lol

Reecius January 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Yeah, they are a blast to play! I love my Orks.

2. TinBane January 22, 2015 11:52 am

Awesome show. Totally agree on the green tide, in terms of how fun it is to play against. Win or lose against those kind of lists, you have a blast!

Reecius January 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Thanks!

3. bigpig January 22, 2015 12:15 pm

great show

4. Hotsauceman1 January 22, 2015 1:46 pm

I have to think.
    No one ever chooses orks for how they play ,but modeling opprotunities.
    I want t o make a dino themed Ork army, where they are riding Dinos with lazers.

• Nova star January 22, 2015 4:18 pm

Like the Dino-Riders cartoon?

• Hotsauceman1 January 25, 2015 6:42 pm

yup,
        Bikers would be wolves

5. TrueKnight January 22, 2015 1:47 pm

I love how much content you guys are producing!

6. Orogen January 22, 2015 1:47 pm

One thing I struggle with is coming up with a coherent list – I agree on all the hot units, combos, etc. but when actually coming up with a list I run out of points and slots REALLY quick. If you guys do another special edition, can you try to throw a few lists together based around some of the units/formations you especially like? That would be really illustrative.
    Thanks for the great pod!

Reecius January 25, 2015 2:39 pm

I have the same issue, I always run out of points with my Ork lists. You can still make a nice, well rounded army (IMO) but you definitely feel the points tick away rapidly.

7. Adam
    Adam January 22, 2015 1:53 pm

I think you might misremember that Stompa vs Skullmower game a bit, I thought in the end the Orks pulled off a minor victory.

8. fluger January 22, 2015 2:58 pm

YAY! ORKS! I’m going to listen to this while I go for my walk. ORKS! ORKS! ORKS!

9. Delevarius January 22, 2015 3:54 pm

Aww yis! Finally, da boyz get some love ! I was waiting for this special! <3
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!

• T2-Keks January 22, 2015 11:54 pm

Well said, sir! 🙂

10. bogalubov January 22, 2015 4:53 pm

FYI on the burner boys. You can no longer kill models that are not under the template. So if you point the flamer template out of the truck and hit 4 dudes. Multiply by 15 you get 60 hits, but those 60 hits are only on those 4 models. Obviously if you spread out in a line you can still get quite a few hits, but you’re still only killing those under templates.

• DCannon4Life January 22, 2015 4:55 pm

Say whut? The wounds caused by (flamer) templates are resolved as a normal shooting attack, i.e. nearest to farthest (within the maximum range of the weapon) and until the wound pool is empty.

• bogalubov January 22, 2015 5:07 pm

Every weapon fires separately now and can only wound those models in their range. So there’s a shooter wound pool and then a flamer wound pool.

• AbusePuppy January 22, 2015 5:35 pm

That’s true, but it;s not the same thing as saying that you can only kill models under the template. You can only kill models IN RANGE of the template, but you’re allowed to kill models that aren’t actually underneath the spot you placed the template at.

So basically anything within 8.5″ of the vehicle is gonna die, but no further. That can still be quite a lot of dudes.

• bogalubov January 22, 2015 5:51 pm

Sure, that is the more correct. However, it’s going to be rare that the template can extend farther than what’s under it. But your clarification does cover some odd angle shots.

• Loopy January 24, 2015 8:19 am

It’s not allocated to models within range of just the Flamer, but all of the models in the squad. There’s even an illustration for it in the book.

11. NickW January 22, 2015 7:47 pm

So I guess almost all the guests didn’t successfully record onto the podcast? Everyone is muted for me listening to this except for Reecius and Tasty

• Julien January 22, 2015 10:40 pm

It must be a case of Audio Channels in that case.

For me Reecius and Tasty were on the Left and The Guests on the Right.

If you’re listening in Mono I think you’d get both sides? Been a while since I’ve actually used what I learned in Sound Tech Course.

if you’re in Stereo, it means you’re only getting the Left Channel / Your right channel is busted or some such.

12. Waaghie Waagh January 22, 2015 8:51 pm

Enjoyed listening to this.

I have to say though I’m amazed Deffkoptas just got a last second mention, easily one of the best units in the book.

Reecius January 23, 2015 2:02 pm

I actually don’t care for them, that much. I am curious though, what is it you like about them?

13. Ciaran January 22, 2015 9:52 pm

Wait is the 400 point stompa allowed at LVO?

• Loopy January 24, 2015 8:48 am

I think the last ITFAQ nixed that.

• Ciaran January 24, 2015 7:42 pm

Just saw that its allowed but its +830 instead of the absurd +300

14. Andrew January 23, 2015 8:12 am

I think they should have left truck cost as previous but made the Ramshackle rule allow trucks to jink. woulda been fluffy and good

• Loopy January 24, 2015 8:49 am

The fact that Ramshackle used to specifically say Str3 was so great. 🙁

Reecius January 25, 2015 2:37 pm

Yeah, I miss that. My poor Trukk Boyz struggle.

15. Jake January 23, 2015 2:48 pm

Great Pod Cast! Stoked that you covered Orks; I’ve been playing them since 3rd. I agree with everything Ya said and am glad you pointed out that you can not take relics from the Ghaz book if you aren’t taking a great waaagh detachment or formation and Vis versa (I’ve seen people do it) I’m not gonna lie I used to be against the green tide but after correcting my list a little bit I’ve had great success with it. My only concern with the green tide in tournament play is how can you possibly finish a game or make it out of turn 3 before time is up? Lol.

16. Fagerlund January 24, 2015 2:26 am

Another great one! I actually hope you continue to make these special ones a while after the books comes out so people actually have a chance to play them a couple of times and share some real experience. That’s a really nice filter of all the knee jerk reactions you see after every early rules leak etc… Keep the good job up!

Reecius January 25, 2015 2:38 pm

Yeah no kidding, we knee jerk sometimes, too. It is better to wait and learn some tips and tricks with it.

17. Loopy January 24, 2015 8:48 am

Awesome! I love hearing about Orks on the show. Since I have been doing more organizing than playing lately, it was nice to hear some tips. I think it’s time i make a 5th flyer and try that formation.

Reecius January 25, 2015 2:37 pm

Yeah, that Formation looks like a blast!

18. Kwodd January 24, 2015 12:15 pm

So is the Big Mek Stompa ITC legal?

Reecius January 25, 2015 2:37 pm

Yes, but not the low points version.

19. Asmeralda January 25, 2015 8:53 pm

Great pod cast. Orks were my first army in 1990 and I have always enjoyed playing them. I learned some things I can add to my army from this podcast. Also I would suggest that the sky shield landing pad is also a strong addition to any Ork army. If you decide to go with a lot of artillery you can set them up for great lines of sight on top plus the 4+ invuln save. Furthermore for Stompa builds you can set him up there and surround the landing pad with units in order to deny the pods lists their 6 inches for the melta guns. Never mind the great field of fire he will enjoy.

20. Liam January 26, 2015 10:36 pm

In light of all this, what would be a good 1850 list for a player who’s new to 40k and Orks to work towards buying/painting? Something built around the Blitz Brigade? I really like the idea of a Zhadsnark army, but his rules might change soon so I’d rather not make that investment until I know it’ll be a good one.