Getting Ready for the TSHFT Open

Hello everyone Frankie here to talk a little about an upcoming tournament.

Most interesting man in 40k

Our team (Team 0 Comp) decided to all make the trip up to Seattle for the TSHFT Open. It will be this coming weekend January 10-11th. There should be a really good turn out player count wise and top level competition. Were bringing at least 3 top level players and of course the one and only “best player in the world” …me! I told the other guys that they probably shouldn’t get their hopes up since I am going to be playing for the gold. I guess there is always 2nd and 3rd place. Haha anyways it should be a blast and Seattle is a fun city.

seattle005

So lets go ahead and talk about the list I’m bringing. Im bringing my Dark Eldar that I have talked about before. It consists of four Venoms with Splinter Cannons, three Ravagers with Dark Lances, three Razorwing Fighter Jets, two different Llhamen in the HQ slot (from the Court of the Archon), two five man Kabalite Warrior squads, and last but not least the Corpse Claw Formation. The Corpse Claw is the formation from the Hameonculus Supplement that comes with five Talos with Twin Linked Splinter Cannons, I also give them the Ichor Injectors. I think the list is very solid and can take on any list that is thrown at it. I have anit air, anti tank and plenty of anti infantry. The hardest list for me to beat would be either Knight spam, or Tau with sniper drones.

dark.eldar.01

Now the lists I’m going to be seeing this weekend will be Flyrant spam lists which I think I will be able to handle with all of the Splinter Cannons I have and the three Flyers. Another very popular list that I will be seeing is the Centurion star. That will be a little more difficult since they have so many shots and will kill a lot of my Talos in one shot. Against the Centurion star I will need to play defensive with the Talos and try to bring them down with my long range shooting. That might be the toughest army I will see this weekend. Another list that I am sure I will be seeing will be the Eldar Wave Serpent spam. Unfortunately they will kill most of my long range shooting before I have a chance to answer. Luckily the Talos will be pretty much impossible for them to kill and will control the table for me. Lastly I’m sure I will be seeing some of the new Blood Angels. I believe I can take on that army but it will be a tough match and really come down to how the dice fall in my Close Combats.

competition

Talking about all these lists really gets me excited to see how mine will hold up against some of the best West Coast players around. I believe my list has the tools to bring home the gold and with me steering the ship it will be of course, unstoppable. Haha, I hope some of you guys will be there and I will be getting in a lot of practice this week so hope you all are bringing your A game. Thank you for reading and let’s all grab some drinks this weekend and have a blast at the TSHFT Open GT 2015!!! Oh yeah, and I won it last year, so come at me, Bros!!

beers

About White925

Frankie is the greatest 40K player on the planet. Nuff Said.

37 Responses to “Getting Ready for the TSHFT Open”

1. bigpig January 5, 2015 7:57 am

“really gets me excited to see how mine will hold up against some of the best West Coast players around”…. Hate to burst your bubble, but I’m not able to make it to TSHFT. Couldn’t get it off work 🙂

Great list Frankie. Good luck. I like playing anti meta as I feel it is more fun and is the next level in the I know that you know that I know that you know…. Unfortunately, all of a sudden I dead in the middle of meta with my nids :). Give em hell and remember to set your alarm!

• White925 January 5, 2015 11:29 am

Thats too bad hopefully you can make it next year brotha. We all talked about going to cruise hammer this year so thats an option too.

• Kwodd January 6, 2015 8:58 am

Bummer Pig, was hoping for more hive representation.

2. colinsherlow January 5, 2015 8:45 am

Really wish I could make it to TSHFT open again this year. But alas. My stupid/rad great white north job is shipping back up to work before then. I will however be able to make it to the 40k champs and the LVO and Gottacon the week after in Victoria BC Canada the week after. Woot woot!

3. iNcontroL January 5, 2015 9:41 am

Frankie’s DE look GORGEOUS btw.. I know that sounds odd since he traditionally doesn’t have a fully painted army but if rumors are true this time he does.. 😉

Reecius January 5, 2015 10:12 am

He actually has multiple fully painted armies. His Nurgle look great, too.

• iNcontroL January 5, 2015 10:52 am

HE ACTUALLY HAS 0 LITERALLY 0 REECE. LITERALLY NONE of his armies are painted.

• White925 January 5, 2015 11:31 am

Haha just wait till my nicely painted DE kick your butt Geoff and you have to wear a dress to the next tournament

• iNcontroL January 5, 2015 11:46 am

Last time we played my Barb Heirodule had his revenge frankie.. we can play again thursday when I come in 🙂

• Black Blow Fly January 5, 2015 6:25 pm

And shave his ead too !!!

Reecius January 5, 2015 11:36 am

Your words offend me, plebeian. I demand recompense!

• Jason
          Raw Dogger January 5, 2015 10:28 pm

LOL well he has 0 SELF painted armies, but then. that’s none of my business. kermit.jpg

• Fagerlund January 6, 2015 1:26 am

So… you’re saying iNcontroL is throwing stones in glass houses? 😛

4. colinsherlow January 5, 2015 9:45 am

Question about the corpse claw formation. I am curious about how you will be using the bonus points for killing enemy units at the LVO. Do they count just towards the primary mission? I am imagining so.

I love the corpse claw and Grotesquery formations.
    How have you been liking the corpse? Maybe to a video batrap or two with it?

Reecius January 5, 2015 10:11 am

All bonus points go to the secondary mission!

• iNcontroL January 5, 2015 10:53 am

They count towards the secondary just like points earned against gargantuans or super heavies.

• White925 January 5, 2015 11:31 am

Yeah I will try to get a couple of battle reports in this week with the army so people can see it.

5. Black Blow Fly January 5, 2015 9:53 am

Frankie where’d you get taht AWESOME picture of Hong Kong on top of the Space Needle ??? SO DAYUM COOLIO !!!

• White925 January 5, 2015 11:32 am

The internet is an awesome thing brotha haha.

• Black Blow Fly January 5, 2015 6:26 pm

Hopefully one of these days I can figure it out !!!

6. Black Blow Fly January 5, 2015 9:54 am

And yeah the public demands another Frankie Batrep !!!

7. Archon-Kalafex January 5, 2015 10:51 am

I know It’s unlikely, but if you run into another DE list you could have a hard match! The Talos would be no big deal with all the poison. Might come down to who has more jets and Dark Lances haha.

• iNcontroL January 5, 2015 10:54 am

Unless that DE player also had fliers (they usually don’t) frankie’s list would stack up pretty well I’d imagine. They pack a punch and you don’t typically see 3 in a DE list!

• White925 January 5, 2015 11:33 am

Thanks iNcontrol I would agree though I take more dark lances than most DE players or at least form what Ive seen so I think I would stack up very well.

• Archon-Kalafex January 5, 2015 4:34 pm

Rule of thumb for myself and people I play with is atleast 1 DL per 100pts or something comparable. So in our 1850s we run anywhere from 18-22 usually.

Reecius January 5, 2015 6:08 pm

Brutal! That sounds like Frankie’s Double CAD DE list, just savage firepower.

• Black Blow Fly January 5, 2015 6:27 pm

The fliers are bad news bears !!!

• Archon-Kalafex January 5, 2015 7:07 pm

Yes they are! I run 3 myself. 2 Razorwings and a Voidraven for the lawlz. I actually like the Voidraven for AA because of that Str 9 Lance it brings. Auto glance a’lot of flyers out there and max roll would be a 4 to penetrate things like a Storm Wolf. Yea it flops over dead to bolters but thats just DE….

8. Joshua.Dearth January 5, 2015 3:17 pm

Frankie,

Are you running the Lameans still to deny warlord?

Reecius January 5, 2015 3:37 pm

No, just to fill up the HQ slot and give cheap access to more Venoms, the cheaky git! He makes like a sarg the Warlord or some shite, haha.

9. wintertalon January 5, 2015 3:36 pm

Will look forward to see your dark elder. And the rest of Team 0 comp there. Looks like a sold army . I wonder how inControL army stacks up to it. Dearth it will be interesting to see what you are playing, it’s been a while since I seen you.

10. jy2
    Jy2 January 5, 2015 6:57 pm

I predict that there will be a new champion this time. Heh heh….

• Jeremy Veysseire
      MikhailLenin January 6, 2015 9:44 am

Personally my vote is for InControl, its about time we had more Nids Champions

11. AbusePuppy January 5, 2015 9:47 pm

Hopin’ to see you there, Frankie, and get my revenge in for our last Eldar on DE battle. Ain’t no Wraithknight or Fortune gonna save you this time!

I take it all four Venoms are dedicated transports (for the two troops and two HQs, presumably)? Is that just to avoid giving up a VP in Scouring battles, or is there some other secret reason for the second Lhamean?

How are you kitting your Razorwings? Dark Lances, I’m guessing, since you’re otherwise pretty light on anti-tank; do you go for the Splinter Cannons or any other upgrades? The Cannon seems pretty solid as an anti-FMC tool and is fine against most other infantry as well.

I’m kinda surprised you’re going with Splinter on the Taloii, though; wouldn’t Haywire give you better flexibility and more tools against Knights (which this list is DEFINITELY pretty weak to)? It’s not as though you lack for anti-infantry, so…

12. Fagerlund January 6, 2015 1:30 am

Looking forward to the reports! Surprised to see no Scourges, but that’s a good thing. Means DE have more than one build! 😀

13. Kwodd January 6, 2015 8:53 am

The 6’4″ Nid runnin’ Viking can smell your blood in the water from 800 miles away. The rains of the great Northwest will wash away any chance of Californian victory and no sun will shine on your solar powered tactics. This land is forsaken! Tread lightly! Muahahaha

In all seriousness, looking forward to this weekend and hope to meet some of you troublemakers at the table.

14. Aaron January 9, 2015 9:36 am

How are you running Lhamans without Archons?