Warhammer 40k Video Bat Rep 267 Blood Angels vs Grey Knights

bloodangels.01

Raw Dogger pits his nasty Centurionstar list against Reecius’ Blood Angels Rhino Rush list, trying out the new codex!

25 Responses to “Warhammer 40k Video Bat Rep 267 Blood Angels vs Grey Knights”

1. Klr January 3, 2015 6:22 am

Thanks for great report ! Always enjoy them.

You metionend etc mission but its not simillar. ETC last mission pack had kilo points in each mission. With all the Rhinos and combat squads the GK player would have a party.

As a GK player i must admit i dislike the GK list. Iron hands ally is only good if you want chapter master on bike IMO.

The centurion star is good but really need protection, like invis. With 2 detachment limit and no FW i think the best ally is ultramarines with tiggy.

In turn 2 if i was GK i would have moves the centurions through ruin to get LOS to death company and shoot at them.

• AbusePuppy January 3, 2015 5:10 pm

He actually said ITC, not ETC. Very different things.

And yeah, without Invis the Centstar isn’t nearly as scary. That’s the main thing that the SM half of the GK/SM pair typically brings, via Tiggy or Severin.

Reecius January 3, 2015 8:49 pm

Yeah, ITC. And Invis is still really powerful even with our nerf to it, but, Raw Dogger typically doesn’t go for it, he often goes for Endurance.

Reecius January 3, 2015 8:58 pm

I agree that they need protection, I prefer Lloth though as he simply picks what powers he wants.

2. Rob January 3, 2015 9:16 am

Iam curious as to how a scout sgt becomes warlod ?

• Klr January 3, 2015 10:16 am

Every character can be warlord in 7 ed. When i play my necron with lords in command barges my warlord is usually a cryptek hidden in a nightscythe.

• Archon-Kalafex January 3, 2015 4:13 pm

Because character and lolz

Reecius January 3, 2015 8:47 pm

Indeed! haha, turned out to be a good choice though as Mephy and Astorath both ate it.

3. Thomas January 3, 2015 9:17 am

I’m pretty sure he said ITC and not ETC.

• Klr January 3, 2015 10:14 am

Ops my bad then

4. iNcontroL January 3, 2015 11:06 am

Nice game fellas!

5. Noah January 3, 2015 12:13 pm

Great report! Reece I really like the list you ran it looks like it would be a lot of fun. I would agree changing it to a CAD would benefit you far more than occasionally getting decent use out of Initiative 5 marines.

Reecius January 3, 2015 8:52 pm

Glad you liked it! Yeah, the list was a lot of fun. It has a huge AA weakness though, but, with the amount of bodies you put on the table it is mitigated a lot. The list is super fun because it’s so fast. The Death Company unit is fun too as it hits so flippin hard.

6. DCannon4Life January 3, 2015 3:43 pm

Gah! BAO 1 (ITC 1 from here on) continues to be the most drawish Primary! It needs an infusion of dynamism! Are the missions going to be tweaked ahead of the LVO?

• AbusePuppy January 3, 2015 5:11 pm

With Maelstrom secondaries and the usual Tertiaries, I don’t find Mission #1 to be particularly problematic. I wouldn’t mind a third objective in the center, though.

Reecius January 3, 2015 8:51 pm

I will put up the tweaked versions this coming week with a lot of your feedback, sorry about the delay I just keep putting it off due to an overfull plate. But, if I had been ObSec instead of the BA detachment, I would have had both objectives and won the primary. It was only a tie because I didn’t. And as Abuse Puppy said, I actually find this missions doesn’t result in ties that often due to the secondary and bonus points. First Blood is a bigger deal in this one as it is in the Relic, though.

• DCannon4Life January 3, 2015 9:06 pm

I only meant that Mission #1 is drawish on the Primary (Emperor’s Will), not overall. Ties, in general, don’t seem to be that common due to the nature of the Secondary table.

Good luck with what’s on your plate!

Reecius January 3, 2015 9:09 pm

Ah, OK, yeah, I have to agree with you. Emperor’s Will is the most prone to draws, but now that you can contest the Relic, that one ends in draws a lot, too.

Thanks for all the feedback though on the missions, you had some really good ideas that we will definitely be putting to use.

7. RoockieBoy January 3, 2015 4:17 pm

Awesome game guys! As close as it can get! Wouldn’t have been better for Raw Dogger to accept the challenge with the centurion sergeant and tank wounds with Draigo?

Reecius January 3, 2015 8:48 pm

Glad yo liked it! Raw Dogger considered it, but he didn’t actually have Draigo in B2B with either the fist or Axe, so he would have not been able to tank those wounds. He could tank Astorath’s though, so I think he made the right choice.

8. Jake January 4, 2015 9:31 pm

Great BR!!!

9. Kartr January 7, 2015 4:57 pm

Not sure how the Blood Angels codex is, but I wanted to point out (since you use your DIY Chapter for multiple codices Reece) that Tactical Marines in Codex Space Marines cannot take heavy flamers.

Reecius January 7, 2015 5:03 pm

Yeah, that is true, only Blood Angels. I think it is a great option, though.

• Kartr January 7, 2015 6:53 pm

Yeah though it’d be better if you could move the “NASCAR” Rhino and still fire it.

• Kartr January 7, 2015 8:25 pm

Actually I guess you could if you only move at combat speed.